**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2017 Champions

IDogeIDoge Posts: 409 ★★
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Anybody else feel a few of the champ's abilities in 2017 were rushed? For example, Dormammu, Hood, Punisher 2099, Vulture, Howard the Duck, and Cable. Each of these champs should've had way better abilities imo. They just do not feel like their comic book counterparts at all. It felt like they slapped on a few dubuffs and regens here and there and called it a day. Remember this was the same year that Hyperion, Iceman, AA, Starky, Medusa and Blade came out on. Even Taskmaster and Modok were well thought out.

Comments

• B_RabbittB_Rabbitt Posts: 136
    I can agree that they may not seem like their comic book selves but I disagree that that were rushed. I feel like Kabam does a fantastic job with most of the champions they introduce to the game and the good thing about this game is that any champion is always subject to reworks. We can only hope that they change some of the champions that we feel lack in certain areas where others exceed and make champions a little more balanced.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Not really. There's always a range of Champs released. Different strengths, different uses. They're not all "God Tier". The comparison game is always a losing one.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Some champs are good and others are duds. Not every champ can be top tier.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Dormammu has his own mechanic involving dark energy and his L3 gives him a dimensional link buff that continually gives him dark energy. Vulture harnesses the power of his suit to do various things like harness energy. I’ll admit that HtD isn’t all that impressive. He’s just a weird Ultron with a different model but I think him and Hyperion were 2016 weren’t they?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Dormammu has his own mechanic involving dark energy and his L3 gives him a dimensional link buff that continually gives him dark energy. Vulture harnesses the power of his suit to do various things like harness energy. I’ll admit that HtD isn’t all that impressive. He’s just a weird Ultron with a different model but I think him and Hyperion were 2016 weren’t they?

You are correct. They were both December 2016 champs
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I feel like Dorm and Hood were both really well done and have some pretty in-depth abilities. But I can kinda see where you’re getting at with the others, balance I guess...
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Hood is awesome with really well thought out abilities. So was Dorm and Vulture. Cable is a lot of fun to play as well
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Howard the Duck should never of been in any mechanical suit. He is the master of Quack-Fu