**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

RNG is killing this game

2»

Comments

• Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 476 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    I can live with the RNG champ crystals (RNG rewards are another issue). Ya, I still don't have some champs I want and have had both good and bad streaks, but have learned to live with it. What I really want is more available resources to rank the champs. Whats the point of getting god tier after god tier and not being able to rank them anyways or having to choose one to rank. Then, by the time you can rank the other, there is someone else your after.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    And the addition of a general smattering of shards in both champion acquisition and supplies really isn't cutting it! So the RNG is becoming life and death for kabam in my opinion. The drops are so inappropriate to the requirements to actually move up or forward that we are all going to be frozen in place soon.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    RNG does suck, what sucks even worse is the amount of people that keep saying stick with it. Stick with what? wasting time and energy to pull an unwanted or usable in some cases champ. It's even better when people say that you have to build your roster, I have no control over my roster other than mindlessly playing hours on end for limited amount of shards to pull OML.

There are a number of things they could do to at least give players some sort of chance or feeling they have control over building a roster. The one thing I hope to see is crystals be divided into classes. Nothing worse than sitting with a bunch of rank up materials and not being able to target the class for those. You see this in the dungeons crystal. I wouldn't be opposed to having the dungeon crystals become the standard. Break it into 6 crystals with a select amount of champs. At least then I know I could target a champ more likely to help me want to keep playing. It's still RNG based but has minimizes the pools to choose from.
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    To everyone saying that buying crystals doesn’t increase your odds of getting good champs... you’re wrong. Just not for the “conspiracy” reasons most people use.

Buying crystals doesn’t increase your odds per crystal, but it does increase your overall odds. So while my one cavalier crystal may have the same odds as any given crystal a whale is opening, the whale still has better odds to get a good champ because they’re opening 1000 crystals.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

Why do people use Brian Grant as a good example for F2P players? He literally lives in the game for fun and for work.

Why do people use YouTube samples as a testament to RNG? Lol.
    They're visible. That's why. ;)
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,992 ★★★★★
    This isn't new. It's been like this since day 1
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Why do people get so huffy when someone beefs about a bad stretch of RNG?

I had a time when I legit didn't pull a 4* or 5* champ that was released in the previous year. I didn't have champs to rank up for SA.

I also think that strict f2p players have better RNG. When I say strict, I mean... NEVER SPEND A DIME. I claim I'm f2p, but when I was trying to 100% 5.2.6 and I was almost done with the last path I finished and was out of my unit hoard and all my items, I bought units to finish.

If you just look at the champ rewards as straight up gambling, it helps. People can preach about RNG all they want, but the reality is that if it generates income it's going to be built to get you to spend more.

That's why I think strict f2p is the key. The game will try to entice you to spend. "Look at my luck! I should buy some crystals to capitalize on this luck!" That's when the game has got you.
    First of all, it's not Gambling. I'm not really interested in starting that debate here, so I'll just add that I disagree.
    Secondly, people are free to express their feelings on RNG, but the system itself is as fair as you can get. It's a semi-random outcome based on the same Drop Rates as everyone else. Each of us has an equal chance at any outcome in the Crystals. Not to be confused with equal outcomes, since Drop Rates vary. It's fair. We all roll with the same chances, and it's an unbiased chance that's not affected by what we need, have, spend, or any other outside influence.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    The randomness is an integral part of the game as its been from day one. I'm not saying that I like it, but it's how the game is structured and always has been.

It's unfortunately one of those things you just need to accept if you plan on playing the game long term. There are going to be large periods of time where you get absolute fluff, and then you end up hitting something you've been patiently waiting for.

As someone who spends far more than is reasonable on a mobile game, I'm not at CoW or Pep levels but I open more crystals than say Seatin, I still go through large periods of time where I get just utter rubbish.

You either have to decide to grind out the periods of trash or spend for more chances at not getting trash but still getting plenty of it.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    I’ve been F2P since 2 years back. You get good luck at times, bad luck at times. Just be patient and the champs will come.

As much as I lament the fact that I do not have a 5* Medusa, Hyp or Quake on my main, I make do with what I have now and save just enough resources to rank them up immediately should I get them.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Sadly arena is the only thing close to a guarantee when it comes to wanting certain champs (4* at least) even then it’s a toss up due to the high cutoffs for 5/6* arena...
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    Jeeei said:

Hi guys, first post here, long time lurker.
    I have now pulled my 63rd unique 5star....but in reality I only use 6-7 of those 5 stars...the rest see a bit of light in arena and that's it.
    I clear content with champs from a couple years ago (Hype, GR, Blade, AA -unduped) the only new-ish champ I have is Beardo (unduped, even though I have pulled 3 x mystic AGs...more RNG luck)

My point is I am becoming increasingly frustrated at continuing to get average to meh champs who do nothing to my roster. They don't help me clear more content like 100% variants 2 or 6.1 (initial clear done) I am basically stuck.

I have heard many great suggestions about splitting up the pool, targeting champs....but as KABAM keeps adding more and more champs RNG gets tougher and tougher and makes this game close to unplayable

We all have bad streaks of RNG and hate this game. But it seems to be getting worse the bigger the game gets
    Thoughts?

RNG goes both ways. I became uncollected earlier this week, and I decided to pop a daily grandmaster special, because they were a new thing for me. Got a 5-star X-23. Feeling lucky I did it again the next day — 5-star Elektra. Third day — 5-star Hulk Rags. I also opened a basic 5-star crystal and pulled Aegon. Btw I opened a daily this morning and got a 3-star Hood. Streak over.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam has kinda done the things you've asked for. At any given time, there's the basic pool, the feature pool (24), and dungeon crystals (10). Champion reworks are slow to arrive, but Red Hulk, Luke Cage, Spider Gwen, and She Hulk were all fairly significant improvements, and Colossus is forthcoming. They've also tried to add utility via synergies, but not enough IMO to make it worth ranking up these champs. Maybe Ant Man is the exception, but most of these champs I'd rather just roll out as 1/25 dead weight than invest the resources. If they went a little farther in making the synergies help old champs instead of new champs, it'd be a win for Kabam and the playerbase.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

So I’d agree that RNG can be baaaaaad! I’m mostly FTP. My 3rd 6* was Blue team Cyclops whose no use nor ornament. And my last 5’s we’re King Groot and Guillotine, neither who will get any rank up love. But then I need to remember to take the rough with the smooth as have pulled some pretty awesome champs and my rosters in a good place. Yes I curse when I don’t see a Blade, Aegon or Nick Fury (have a 5* skill awakening gem and no one worthy of using it on), but I can’t complain to much when I pulled Corvus Glaive followed by Domino.

Guillotine is worth ranking up bud
    DalBot said:

Wozzy101 said:

So I’d agree that RNG can be baaaaaad! I’m mostly FTP. My 3rd 6* was Blue team Cyclops whose no use nor ornament. And my last 5’s we’re King Groot and Guillotine, neither who will get any rank up love. But then I need to remember to take the rough with the smooth as have pulled some pretty awesome champs and my rosters in a good place. Yes I curse when I don’t see a Blade, Aegon or Nick Fury (have a 5* skill awakening gem and no one worthy of using it on), but I can’t complain to much when I pulled Corvus Glaive followed by Domino.

Guillotine is worth ranking up bud
    Totally agree. She's been on my AQ Team for years.
    Up to you, but she's a much less complicated way to navigate a Map and not use Pots. ;)
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Just 100% variant 2 got every single thing I didn’t need
    5* got a aegon to beast roll over
    4-5 gem got the one gem I didn’t need (tech)
    Awakening gem got my 3rd mystic
    3-4 2015 got another mystic
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

The biggest gripe I have with RNG, is its scope. It isn’t just applied to champion crystals, but also to rewards. Even for team efforts. I can run an AW season, never once die, and end up with the worst rewards in the alliance. And vice versa. That, to me, is unfair. As far as rewards go, things should be even across the board. We fight as a team. We get rewarded as such.

Another example are the current event crystals. Some get five star awakening gems. Some absolutely zilch. Same effort, radically different rewards. That feels like being cheated. I’m not saying it is, but it sure feels that way. And I’m pretty fed up with it.

If we both work the same job, we’d expect the same paycheck. Not some bingo card that awards employee X with 100k and a Ferrari. And employee B with food stamps and a rusted bicycle someone dredged out of a lake.

I definitely don't agree with at least the degree of randomness in rewards for sure. Especially war and map crystals. The bottom is far too low compared to the high
  • IndyPowerIndyPower Posts: 15
    RNG has been so so for me. I still havent pulled a Khamala Khan, Iron Patriot, Magneto OG, or Falcon in 4* or 5*. I have been able to evade those champs with RNG, so I dont complain.