**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What is (or was) the Switch Trick Against Nightcrawler?

FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
I've heard a lot of people talk about this 'switch trick'. I never bothered looking into it for some reason. What is this trick and how does it work? Is it still viable?

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    You did a dash back and if he did the same you dash back and do a light hit and hold block. He used to stay there and hold block and then switched mode. That "bug" has now been fixed.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

You did a dash back and if he did the same you dash back and do a light hit and hold block. He used to stay there and hold block and then switched mode. That "bug" has now been fixed.

Terra said:

That “bug” has not been fixed. I just managed to do it in a War.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

Terra said:

Terra said:

Its definitely way less likely to happen, so unlikely to happen that you would be better off playing legit than risk trying it.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    ^^^
  • NTT6688846993NTT6688846993 Posts: 37
    Yea he's not as bateable as before. Digging dorky daves video on how to switch NC like a ninja and i followed that. The very next fight i did. Nc wasnt nothing. And no all of a sudden he seems harder to switch than ever before
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

Terra said:

Terra said:

It used to work for me so often, doesn't work anymore as often :(
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    It is a current bug in the same vein as all the other AI issues. He should be reverted to his switch-able self soon with the next update.

Current AI is glitchy and twitchy and jittery. That is what is causing NC to not be switched anymore.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Terra said:

Kabam said they fixed it
    Kobster84 said:

Terra said:

Terra said:

Kabam said they fixed it
    Link? Because I did it today.
    Still not seeing them saying it was unintentional and they fixed it.
    https://youtu.be/RwWL-0wV2HI

That’s from a duel today. So it does still work. I would have gotten it first try but my thumbs decided to go wonky.

Kabam literally says they wouldnt change it back (it was broken one update)
    Kobster84 said:

I literally just did it today @Kobster84 so.......

Kobster84 said:

If you read the thread you’d see that it’s much more irregular now
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Why do people want to learn the swith bug trick when switching NightCrawler to swordsman mode is pretty easy.

When he dashes back and the gray timer icon is running, dash in 4 hit combo and he will switch!

Why do people want to learn the swith bug trick when switching NightCrawler to swordsman mode is pretty easy.

When he dashes back and the gray timer icon is running, dash in 4 hit combo and he will switch!

Yes but he can evade your attacks restarting the timer
    Kobster84 said:

When he does, wait untill the opportunity strikes again.... might take 2-3 shot, but he his still easy to switch

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

If you read the thread you’d see that it’s much more irregular now
    I’ll chalk this up to a PEBKAC error. I can still swap him every fight, it’s clearly still easy to switch him.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★

Kobster84 said:

When he does, wait untill the opportunity strikes again.... might take 2-3 shot, but he his still easy to switch

I respectfully disagree. I’ve had aq/aw fights where I’ve used up the entire timer trying to get him to switch because he would just evade mid combo. There also seems to be a glitch where the timer will disappear when I am still punching into his block.
    belli300 said:

Kobster84 said:

I respectfully disagree. I’ve had aq/aw fights where I’ve used up the entire timer trying to get him to switch because he would just evade mid combo. There also seems to be a glitch where the timer will disappear when I am still punching into his block.
    Yeah he can be a pain, but the sooner in the fight you can find that oppening, the better for you.

As the fight goes on, and time passes, he activates his evade buffs and fury buffs, which make him very hard to switch, and with his fury buffs, he makes you pay for your misses.

Anyway, Even with his evade, the thing with Night Crawler, is that you gotta dance with him... don’t know if I can describe this really, but once you understand how his animation works.... you just move with him.... and can counter attack, with 3 hits combo max... rince and repeat, bait the specials.

Unless he his on a stun immune node, you can still parry him.

So that’s my take on Night Crawler, try to switch him before the evade buffs kicks in.
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    I thought it was about forcing him to block for a few seconds, simply by dash attack, dash back and mid atk, he should be holding block until you see “swashbuckler” on screen. Useful in many situations.