**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Arena 3 vs 3 - PHANTOM LIMB

13»

Comments

• John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    “Don’t insult me”-the guy insulting everyone else
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Hit 3.5mil next time, and don’t stop grinding.

Does it suck? Absolutely! The potential good news for you is if you get him round 2 and then pull from a crystal, you get the full dupe with iso instead of the +1 sig level...
  • NuclekerrNuclekerr Posts: 194
    I grinder for 9.3 mill and happy I got him and got 28th overall! If you want the champ, you have to put in the grind time. No complaining necessary!
  • SlimeballSlimeball Posts: 340 ★★
    Nuclekerr said:

I grinder for 9.3 mill and happy I got him and got 28th overall! If you want the champ, you have to put in the grind time. No complaining necessary!

thought my 6 mill was a lot lol
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    We won guys...we won ✊
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    well mostly predictions were 2.7 - 3mil for 4* aegon arena. i did 3.1 just to be safe and still got 11-25%. can i complaint bcoz tbh arena takes a hell lot of time and when you do more than something predicted and still don't get it,it's getting very dissappointed
  • I got 3.3m and didn't get him, I am super disappointed if I had a little more time I could have done it!
  • did 3.45, got him
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    The amounts of fights wasn’t the answer for you to get the champions. The answer is in the score itself. You can “kamikaze” style to win and lose to continue playing nonstop but still achieve the numbers of the score needed to get that champions. Fights streak don’t do you anything except just boosting your multiplier to 3x and that’s it
  • Man, you did only 2.3 and still complaining? Think about me, I did 3.2 and didn't get him, it's very disappointing but that's life, he's much more competitive than the others you mentioned

His cutoff is like 3.4~3.5

Yes, I'm complaining. Precisely because they disagree with the method of distributing these rewards. And I think if you 3.2 you should complain too, but "it's life!". When you and most of the players understand that who dominates the game we are players, because without us this game that is known worldwide would not exist, and also would not create rules (only they "developers" understand) maybe there you will understand what I am Speaking.
    Do you understand how the rewards are distributed? The top 1-10% of players who put up enough points to recieve rank rewards get the champ. It has ALWAYS been this way in the 4* Basic Arena. You underestimated the demand for Ægon. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with Kabam. Here's how it works. Let's say 13,000 players enter that arena, AND made enough points to get rank rewards. Of those 13k only 1,300 will recieve the champ. The top 10%, that's it. Has nothing to do with the number of fights. All in the points, and overall demand of whatever champ is up at the time. I personally put up 4.4 million just to be safe. I figured on 3.5ish million. Always go above and beyond what you THINK it will be if you REALLY want the champ.

All the champs you listed in the beginning are not nearly as in demand as Ægon. Simple as that. Complain all you want, this is how it works. I do emphasize with the fact you missed the cutoff. It used to happen to me in my earlier days of arena. Then again, that's also when the cutoffs for 4* Basic Arena were MUCH higher on average. The top cutoffs as of late do not exceed 4 million points. So use that as your bench mark if you're planning on going all in for a champ. Especially of they're in higher demand. Better luck next time, and be ready to grind a bit more for better champs.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Man, just stfu. You complain about people trying harder for better champs. Of course noone wants for ex. Hulkbuster, so ppl score 2mil. pts max for him. If you want the possibly best champ in the game, the concurrence of players is bigger, bcs everyone wants him and is willing to spend more time and units in order to get more points.

Just admit that you've underestimated this arena and move on.
  • _I__I_ Posts: 306
    it really doesn't matter how many pts u made.what matters is the lowest score n highest score. cutoff is calculated on that basis.the avg of the two extremes decides the top 10%.if u qualify within the top 10% then u get ur new champ else u get nothing. its not Kabams fault.aegon is a high utility sought after champ. what u could have done is wait for second round after knowing the approximate cutoff of first round.that way neither time nor ur efforts to earn him would have been wasted. whenever in doubt abt the cutoff its best to go for second round instead of tiring urself out on round one with no sureshot target.
  • This discussion is pointless unless they change how rewards in Arena works. If the rewards were Milestones ok but this? come on! Everybody knows how Arena works.
  • 5tarscream5tarscream Posts: 94
    Deserved. Next.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    _I_ said:

it really doesn't matter how many pts u made.what matters is the lowest score n highest score. cutoff is calculated on that basis.the avg of the two extremes decides the top 10%.if u qualify within the top 10% then u get ur new champ else u get nothing. its not Kabams fault.aegon is a high utility sought after champ. what u could have done is wait for second round after knowing the approximate cutoff of first round.that way neither time nor ur efforts to earn him would have been wasted. whenever in doubt abt the cutoff its best to go for second round instead of tiring urself out on round one with no sureshot target.

I think you're also confused, the highest and lowest scores don't decide the cutoff it's 10% of the people who score over 150k
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Lol this thread you failed yourself man stop complaining 10 percent is miles better then it was where aegon would be 7m on the old system

But the only one who cares if I fail is you. I'm here to tell you what I do not agree, regardless of whether you get views or comments. But you're commenting so much, that I'm going to pay attention to you, because it must be devoid of attention, or you must be a defender of Kabam, that's a great joke. LoL
    I make 17 dollars an hr defending kabam.
    (Side note I'm at work) at my real job as I type this :)
    You dont agree with what that you failed?
    Show me your 4 aegon? Oh right you didnt get him
    That's a fail
    Low blow. LoL

but the $ 17 share is still very low. if he defended himself better he could win more. just as I could have won aegon if Kabam rethought the way he handles the reward.

Basic Arena... Also realize each week alternates between a semi-new hero and an old hero (of those you listed, only VenomDuck was semi-new). Other ones you got were all OLD heroes that very few people need to go for, so they’re cutoff's were much lower than a semi-new hero.

Other semi-new recently... Champion 2.3-2.4m, SymSupreme 1.8-2.6m, EmmaFrost 2.1-2.6m, OmegaRed 2.8-2.9m, and Kong 2.7m.

Old heroes most of time are under 1.7m.

Thank you for your explanation. Could you tell me how it came in these values 2.3-24M, 1.8-2.6M, 2.1-2.6M ...?

At least someone left the "offenses" and explained.
    Very simple, 10% of the players in the arena put up those scores or higher.
    Just like 10% of the players in this Aegon arena put up 3.5mil to higher for Aegon.
    It sucks that you missed out, but the rewards for arena (which is a competitive mode, where you compete to put up more points than others to win prizes) are perfectly fine in the 4* basic arena.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    You want a Nokia 3310 and an iPhone X for the same rate? That's cute
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Dang he went for higher than I expected. i estimated about 2.8 million for him. Great champion so not completely surprised.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I like how you only start to complain about the rewards distribution after you don't get the champ
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,452 ★★★★
    This is the most Hilarious post ever 😂
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure he gets the hence to him not responding anymore
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    You complaining about not getting Ægon is like doggy paddling in the pool at the summer olympics and getting mad because you didn’t get a gold medal.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,598 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    _I_ said:

...what matters is the lowest score n highest score. cutoff is calculated on that basis.the avg of the two extremes decides the top 10%...

Huh ?? Trying to use too much of that Math Class. Don't need to worry about Mean, Median, Standard Deviation, etc.
    It's just a simple top-10% of the # of people who all score above 150,000 (for the 4* Basic arena). If 100,000 people qualify for rank by putting up more than 150k score, then 10,000 people will earn the Hero. If only 70,000 people qualify for rank, then only 7,000 will get Hero (and those are probably good approximations of how many qualify each week in Basic).
    Donnymeij said:

... The OP just wants the champs in milestone rewards. It is not how the game currently works.
    His post is about changing that....

Think OP was just expecting that he could put up the exact same numbers as in other arenas and get same result (not that it should be a milestone).

And the link provided by someone else earlier (Arena Cutoffs) is handy to estimate what you might need next time.