**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is there a reason the auto-fight AI has to be so inferior?

Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
It just bugs me that even for simple fights the auto-fight AI may sometimes end up getting hit 30 times before it can even land one hit. I do not understand why it is programmed to be so inferior to the computer AI.

Nobody would be using this for actually difficult fights anyway, so there cannot be a fear that improving the auto-fight AI would allow players to clear content that they otherwise would. In most areas of the game, hitting the enemy as much as they hit you would mean you die pretty fast anyway.

All I am saying is why does the auto-fight AI have to be at a level where it can land 1 hit for every 3 hits the opponent lands, instead of a 1 for 1 ratio?

Comments

• Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

Ultra8529 said:

It just bugs me that even for simple fights the auto-fight AI may sometimes end up getting hit 30 times before it can even land one hit. I do not understand why it is programmed to be so inferior to the computer AI.

Nobody would be using this for actually difficult fights anyway, so there cannot be a fear that improving the auto-fight AI would allow players to clear content that they otherwise would. In most areas of the game, hitting the enemy as much as they hit you would mean you die pretty fast anyway.

All I am saying is why does the auto-fight AI have to be at a level where it can land 1 hit for every 3 hits the opponent lands, instead of a 1 for 1 ratio?

my autofight army of Thing, Hype, Korg, Modok and IMIW seem to work just fine clearing Expert and chapters 1 and 2 of Master EQ most months. The AI behavior is consistent with Easy to Medium arena settings, which seems fair. If you're expecting Hard difficulty AI at all times on your behalf, that assumes the player is even capable of that level of expertise, which i know my 8 year old is not, for example.
    That is a fair point, though I suppose the counter-suggestion would be to program the AI so that it gets better at higher levels. I can't believe anyone at uncollected or cavalier playing so badly lol
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    If the Auto-fight AI becomes anywhere near as good as the Computer AI, think how easy it'd make arena grinding. Kabam can't have that, can they?
  • p01arisp01aris Posts: 18
    "If the Auto-fight AI becomes anywhere near as good as the Computer AI, think how easy it'd make arena grinding. Kabam can't have that, can they?"

You can't use auto-fight in arena, so bringing the quest AI up to arena AI standards would have no impact on arena grinding.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★

If the Auto-fight AI becomes anywhere near as good as the Computer AI, think how easy it'd make arena grinding. Kabam can't have that, can they?

Lol there is no auto fight in arena hahaha
  • I think autofight should just be you automatically win the fight if ur champs pi is higher than opponents - it would not be game breaking and far more useful
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Auto fight does 2 chapters of Master for me . So it is adequate
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    The ai is horrendous sometimes, even in the lower content they get out hit 2-4x times more and get their *** beat by champions way lower than them sometimes hit 20-30 times in a row without doing anything making for some lopsided hit totals.

They occasionally are smart but most of the time they are just down right passive and sit there taking a beating for no reason at all other than the fact they are dumb.

I know they aren't supposed to be as smart or as good as us but this is ridiculous a lot of games with ai fighters are either on par, better or slightly better than us but kabams is one of the dumbest ai's I have seen in awhile in mobile games.

It's not to much to ask for a competent ai that should wipe the floor with the lower stuff, do ok against the medium and struggle somewhat against the tougher ones but they aren't always capable of beating some of the easier parts without getting the stuffing kicked out of them
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've just learned to not watch the screen while auto-fighting. If I don't see how bad my champs are fighting, then I don't get mad about it.

Sometimes I will look down to see both champs with special attacks loaded up just standing there so I'll manually fire it just to finish the fight.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    In my observation, it is sometimes aggressive, and at times passive. So there’s an RNG involved, I think.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    p01aris said:

"If the Auto-fight AI becomes anywhere near as good as the Computer AI, think how easy it'd make arena grinding. Kabam can't have that, can they?"

You can't use auto-fight in arena, so bringing the quest AI up to arena AI standards would have no impact on arena grinding.

Sorry my bad. Never noticed
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    That is so if you are not paying close attention and using auto it could cost you a few supplies.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Probably so really new players who are terrible at combat can’t use it in a way that is better than their own combat
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Probably so really new players who are terrible at combat can’t use it in a way that is better than their own combat

Can be solved by having it tiered according to player progression. Like use the lame AI until you are uncollected or something.

Just bothers me I have go into auto fight and some 40 hits later my champ is still getting pummeled for no good reason instead of landing the 1 hit it needs t KO the opponent instantly lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    Just block sometimes and finish a 5-hit combo. I’d be happy if those two changes became standard operating procedure for autofight.

Dr. Zola
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    jsut because you are level 60 with cav does not mean you play this game as well as you want the AI to play it, many people spend to get to that level.
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Another reason to milk players? If you're using auto fight, you gotta spend son!!!