**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam...AW match making frustrations boiling over

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019

Whether people want to admit it or not most of the revenue made on this game comes from people at the top. If you’re going with a system that rewards people at the bottom with the beat items in the game solely because they’re the best of the bottom (or middle) then people won’t have a game to play because all of the spenders will either slow down or quit.

I spend here and there and almost always used to get deals that included the big boosts if it was decent, now is the complete opposite. I just stay away from those deals entirely.

So you think the system should be allowed to be manipulated and progress frozen just because the Top "pays the bills"? Disagree with that one.
    Now you’re putting words in my mouth. Where did I ever say anything about going back to ratings? I’ll give you time to find it....have you found it? Thought so...

What I’m saying and HAVE BEEN saying is that this system is only minimally better than the old ratings system however it’s still flawed. What I want is to fix that flaw. What you want to do is squabble with people and try to wordplay with them which is just a waste of time.

We can give all the sports analogies we want and either agree or disagree but if we’re making prestige the only thing that matters in this game for war and aq then it needs to affect the points achieved as well and not just decide who matches who.

Unless you somehow turn out to be a Mod this whole time masquerading as a player I’m going to assume you got up to 16k posts by being purposely argumentative.

I’m also not saying cater to spenders but if you’re giving them no incentive to spend in wars and they all have great rosters which can clear pretty much all content then that’s lost revenue....that’s just simple logic.

What you're saying is people should get what they want because they're spenders, no matter how detrimental it is. That I disagree with. The shifting that has taken/is taking place is much more damaging than Matches that are more even. Don't care if people agree or not. The system has become a mess because people have shifted and played it. That's caused ripple effects throughout.
    Again, putting words in my mouth. How do you know what I’m trying to say better than myself....you must be really good

I'm responding to what you yourself have said. They won't have a game because the spenders will quit. One of the most common threats on here. "Better do something because the spenders pay your bills!".
    That’s not a threat, it’s common sense. If people that have been playing this game for years stop spending we don’t have a game to play anymore that’s just logic.

I agree that ratings based wars messed up the integrity of seasons but it took us 8 seasons to get here and implement a system that doesn’t work much better. I don’t want to wait another 8 seasons for something else to come around. I really like and probably would go as far as say I love this game but normally hard work gets you rewards whereas right now others are getting better rewards for half the work.

If all you need to hear is “tanking was dumb and ruined wars” then there you have it. Can you now fade away that your life mission of trying to get someone to kinda agree with you on a notion is achieved?
    The point I'm making is your argument is that these Top Spenders will be unhappy and want to quit, but that's pretty much the demographic that's caused the issues to begin with. People are trying to break through to the next Bracket by manipulating the system, and the effects from that are trickling down. Matchmaking is no longer fair or reliable based on War Rating. So, I don't have much sympathy when it comes to the demo creating the problem. Lol. Perhaps not you personally.
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

Whether people want to admit it or not most of the revenue made on this game comes from people at the top. If you’re going with a system that rewards people at the bottom with the beat items in the game solely because they’re the best of the bottom (or middle) then people won’t have a game to play because all of the spenders will either slow down or quit.

I spend here and there and almost always used to get deals that included the big boosts if it was decent, now is the complete opposite. I just stay away from those deals entirely.

So you think the system should be allowed to be manipulated and progress frozen just because the Top "pays the bills"? Disagree with that one.
    Now you’re putting words in my mouth. Where did I ever say anything about going back to ratings? I’ll give you time to find it....have you found it? Thought so...

What I’m saying and HAVE BEEN saying is that this system is only minimally better than the old ratings system however it’s still flawed. What I want is to fix that flaw. What you want to do is squabble with people and try to wordplay with them which is just a waste of time.

We can give all the sports analogies we want and either agree or disagree but if we’re making prestige the only thing that matters in this game for war and aq then it needs to affect the points achieved as well and not just decide who matches who.

Unless you somehow turn out to be a Mod this whole time masquerading as a player I’m going to assume you got up to 16k posts by being purposely argumentative.

I’m also not saying cater to spenders but if you’re giving them no incentive to spend in wars and they all have great rosters which can clear pretty much all content then that’s lost revenue....that’s just simple logic.

What you're saying is people should get what they want because they're spenders, no matter how detrimental it is. That I disagree with. The shifting that has taken/is taking place is much more damaging than Matches that are more even. Don't care if people agree or not. The system has become a mess because people have shifted and played it. That's caused ripple effects throughout.
    Again, putting words in my mouth. How do you know what I’m trying to say better than myself....you must be really good

I'm responding to what you yourself have said. They won't have a game because the spenders will quit. One of the most common threats on here. "Better do something because the spenders pay your bills!".
    That’s not a threat, it’s common sense. If people that have been playing this game for years stop spending we don’t have a game to play anymore that’s just logic.

I agree that ratings based wars messed up the integrity of seasons but it took us 8 seasons to get here and implement a system that doesn’t work much better. I don’t want to wait another 8 seasons for something else to come around. I really like and probably would go as far as say I love this game but normally hard work gets you rewards whereas right now others are getting better rewards for half the work.

If all you need to hear is “tanking was dumb and ruined wars” then there you have it. Can you now fade away that your life mission of trying to get someone to kinda agree with you on a notion is achieved?
    The point I'm making is your argument is that these Top Spenders will be unhappy and want to quit, but that's pretty much the demographic that's cause the issues to begin with. People are trying to break through to the next Bracket by manipulating the system, and the effects from that are trickling down. Matchmaking is no longer fair or reliable based on War Rating. So, I don't have much sympathy when it comes to the demo creating the problem. Lol. Perhaps not you personally.
    Right but just sitting in a corner saying “serves you right” doesn’t really add anything to a conversation nor does it help anybody come to a solution. Realistically all that is really just distracting and keeps people forgetting the real issue at hand.

We’re 9 seasons into war....9......and we STILL don’t have something that works.
    edited May 2019
    It works a great deal better than the mess it was, whether people like it or not. Is it perfect? No. It's damage control from what others have made the system into. I'm for something better, always. I'm just not advocating letting more of the problem happen.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

If allaince tanks ban all players in allaince from war for 30 days. Boom tanking solved.
    Make it by reports and kabam looks to see if they agree its tanking or not.

Ie no attack
    Weak 2 stat defenses
    Clear intentional deaths.
    (I seen a war in plat 1 where an allaince doed 144 times) cause both were tanking (disconnecting on every node 3 times against 2 stars)

Why ban for tanking? Tanking is caused by matchmaking system. That’s so out of touch. Kabam created a poor system. Players found a work around. Tell me what problems tanking created for you? How the heck do you see intentional deaths? LMAO. Do you watch sports? Systems create tanking not teams.
    Drooped2 said:

It works a great deal better than the mess it was, whether people like it or not. Is it perfect? No. It's damage control from what others have made the system into. I'm for something better, always. I'm just not advocating letting more of the problem happen.

Again this isnt better. War rating even with tanking was better then this. Prestige wars juat killed my allaince end of season.
    War rating and tanking these guys have been an ally since season4
    The system is better, sorry to say. There's a larger picture going on here, and having the whole system broken is not better than being Matched within similar Prestige.
    You're from Master/Plat playing in Gold. Lol. You think that's fair for people trying to get ahead down there?
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

Drooped2 said:

Again this isnt better. War rating even with tanking was better then this. Prestige wars juat killed my allaince end of season.
    The system is better, sorry to say. There's a larger picture going on here, and having the whole system broken is not better than being Matched within similar Prestige.
    You're from Master/Plat playing in Gold. Lol. You think that's fair for people trying to get ahead down there?
    I moved from plat 1 to gold one now and it is fair that my alliance match gold one alliances yes. We are only putting gold one amount of effort into wars so that’s who we should pair against. If we were stuck in masters fighting master alliances then we’d have to fight harder and require more effort to be there. That’s not where we want to be now so we stay in gold or plat 3. You can’t force alliances to either lose every war or spend. That’s why they made war ratings. And no moving down to gold one by choice during the season isn’t tanking. Tanking is done during the off season to lower your rating for the new upcoming season. People don’t tank during the season.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    edited May 2019

My friends semi retirement alliance, they run 2 bgs except last week of season, to to see if they can hit gold 1. Last day of war season, insult to injury if they lose (which is highly likely) they lose 1 point in alliance rating. Making the next matchup just as likely to be this stupid
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    edited May 2019
    Speeds80 said:

My friends semi retirement alliance, they run 2 bgs except last week of season, to to see if they can hit gold 1. Last day of war season, insult to injury if they lose (which is highly likely) they lose 1 point in alliance rating. Making the next matchup just as likely to be this stupid

There’s always going to be anomalies in less than 3bg wars because the pool is significantly smaller. This is not a true representation of the system in my opinion.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    @Drooped2 it can't actually be that high, most of them only have 2 or 3 r5 5*s,
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Speeds80 said:

There’s always going to be anomalies in less than 3bg wars because the pool is significantly smaller. This is not a true representation of the system in my opinion.
    That's a 3 BG war...
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Markjv81 said:

Speeds80 said:

That's a 3 BG war...
    Time to visit the ophthalmologist, clearly says 2 battle groups.
    edited May 2019
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

You think it's fair that were playing master and plat allainces so we can get gold 1 rewards? Lol

This system is far worse then tanking imo.
    Tanking effected a much smaller amount of wars then this.

But hey I guess screwing over more people is fair.

I suggested how to end tanking numerous times. Make war rating like xnigs and ban players from war for 30 days if they tank.

You wont see tanking in seasons ever again
    Your solution is to wave the Ban Hammer at everyone Tanking. That doesn't stop it from happening, it just cuts the number of people playing by about 30 each time.
    It's not screwing over more people. It's adjusting the system where people have taken it upon themselves to play the Matchmaking like a flute.
    The point I was making about your position is regardless of the Rewards you're getting, you're someone with a Master/Plat Roster and Master/Plat experience playing at a level much lower than you. That's not fair to anyone. It's Tanking Light. Lol.
    That's the problem with the system now. It's not a reflection of skill and progress. It's run amok. All these excuses. Tanking, Shells, "taking a break", all of it results in people much more advanced than the people they're playing, coming up against others playing to the best of their ability. It's wrecking the system.
    Playing people within your own Bracket hasn't even been taking place as much as people are complaining for. Dip low, beat the lower guys, a few Matches on your level, lather, rinse, repeat. The Top never touches each other, and the bottom is stuck in limbo because people are playing the system. I'm not sure what system people were looking at that they thought was better, but this wasn't it.
    Lainua said:

The entire thread was poisoned by one idiot kid. And nothing we can do to stop that stupidity. Einstein was right. Human stupidity knows no bounds.

I am not a kid, nor am I an idiot. Thanks for the contribution.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    1 person (A) has played several seasons in tier 1 wars.
    Another person (B) simply makes assumptions based on their personal experience much, much lower down.

Who knows more about the prestige based matchmaking system that’s messing up high tier war rankings?
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Honestly don’t know why y’all arguing with him over high tier wars. It’s common knowledge that he’s not at the super high levels (which is fine, I’m not either)
    We're not just talking about the highest Tiers. We're talking about the entire system.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Markjv81 said:

Speeds80 said:

That's a 3 BG war...
    Look again.
This discussion has been closed.