**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Halls of Healing and Halls of Fortune return, with Special Guest: Goldpool!

Comments

• John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

Fact #9 armadillos are another superior race and thus will never enter the contest because they can dig faster than humans and would get the gold faster

Fact 10:squirrel girl could only be defeated by a hellcow.
    Fact #11 Which is why neither have been added to the contest. Because they would destroy everyone and take the gold for themselves.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    John757 said:

Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

Fact #9 armadillos are another superior race and thus will never enter the contest because they can dig faster than humans and would get the gold faster

Fact 10:squirrel girl could only be defeated by a hellcow.
    Fact #11 Which is why neither have been added to the contest. Because they would destroy everyone and take the gold for themselves.
    Fact 12: Supreme overlord Chair is constantly watching to maintain balance and ensure this never happens.
  • MagnataurMagnataur Posts: 32
    a 10% or 20% global boost for BC and gold would also be nice to run with these
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 126

You can't buy your way to unlimited Resources. Not everyone has access to that. That's a limiting factor.
    They keep 2 or 3 Resources scarce because they take time and effort to earn. That's all spending does is save time. The vast majority are not dropping tens of thousands on the game. They're earning Resources. Time and effort is what it's all about, and that's the largest issue with Gold. It takes time and effort to make, it takes time to save, and it also takes effort to manage. Everything else people get fairly quickly, depending on what demograohic they're at. That's why people want Halls of Fortune. They want more Gold for less time and effort. Only SOMETHING will have to take time and effort. If it isn't Gold, it's Cats. If it isn't Cats, it's Champs, or ISO, something will. It's not a game where you can Rank the highest Champs to the highest Ranks by investing minimal energy and effort into building Resources. Increasing costs are by design. Progress slows for a reason as you go up. The more you spend, the longer it will take to save more.

Actually you CAN, in fact, buy your way to unlimited resources. COWhale has proven that by stating, and so far doing, that he will r4 every feature 5* that is released. The greater gifting crystals give him the very ability to buy infinite resources. As of the end of the event he was sitting on about 8k GGC, just waiting to pop them monthly for more resources so he didnt run out.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Bigbowlr said:

You can't buy your way to unlimited Resources. Not everyone has access to that. That's a limiting factor.
    They keep 2 or 3 Resources scarce because they take time and effort to earn. That's all spending does is save time. The vast majority are not dropping tens of thousands on the game. They're earning Resources. Time and effort is what it's all about, and that's the largest issue with Gold. It takes time and effort to make, it takes time to save, and it also takes effort to manage. Everything else people get fairly quickly, depending on what demograohic they're at. That's why people want Halls of Fortune. They want more Gold for less time and effort. Only SOMETHING will have to take time and effort. If it isn't Gold, it's Cats. If it isn't Cats, it's Champs, or ISO, something will. It's not a game where you can Rank the highest Champs to the highest Ranks by investing minimal energy and effort into building Resources. Increasing costs are by design. Progress slows for a reason as you go up. The more you spend, the longer it will take to save more.

Actually you CAN, in fact, buy your way to unlimited resources. COWhale has proven that by stating, and so far doing, that he will r4 every feature 5* that is released. The greater gifting crystals give him the very ability to buy infinite resources. As of the end of the event he was sitting on about 8k GGC, just waiting to pop them monthly for more resources so he didnt run out.
    Techincally, I supoose. He's one person. There are a number of others that have unlimited financial resources, but that number is very small, and the vast majority of people are earning their Resources, some make purchases here and there, some spend regularly but nowhere near that amount. Some not at all. The day we all become COW and buy the amount he does is the day the entire system will have to change. Lol.
  • Marlo_Mike33Marlo_Mike33 Posts: 193
    edited May 2019
    The best thing to do is just play the game for fun. Don't expect to much from Kabam and u won't be disappointed. This event is cool, nothing to get excited about , but nice to have if u need gold. For some players it will be helpful and for some players it won't be just like 90% of the events and quests we get.

Side note: I never understand why some get so bent out of shape about what somebody else feels they're entitled to on a GAME they spend their money and time on. Outside of alliance war nobody is affected by another persons account, and most of us will never meet in war. Other than that its not PVP so why care about how many resources or crystal shards someone else wants introduced to the game. A lot of those posts translate to "we didnt get it as easy as u guys and we've been playing since ____, so be happy with what they give you" but you guys shouldnt care because it has no effect on your account.

Anyway glad the halls are back
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Fact #13 Nifflers are the most superior race of gold diggers. Just be sure you don’t have any valuable items on yourself or they just may take those too.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★
    Werewrym said:

Fact #13 Nifflers are the most superior race of gold diggers. Just be sure you don’t have any valuable items on yourself or they just may take those too.

Fact #14 you win
  • MR_CHIKEN_67MR_CHIKEN_67 Posts: 5

• 1That1 said:

will this mean the return of the goldpool arena as well?

Not this time. Just the Pool's Gold Crystals.
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    Werewrym said:

Fact #15 They would dig into our treasury, and everyone's gold will be gone in a day.
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    edited May 2019
    Back to the topic,
    Personally I think awesome stuff like these halls shouldn't be put out too much, or there would be no purpose in getting gold or potions from other parts of the game (and some players are just too greedy to stop). Maybe only put them up during the holidays (Christmas & New Year, Easter) and the anniversary week only as celebration events, or only when something big happened and all summoners got affected (in a bad way, of course).
    So many people are complaining that they are lacking gold and need Kabam to put out these events more often. It's too unrealistic, and there'd be no challenge or need in farming gold / potions. And when it becomes so easy to farm the most major resource in the game, then there'd be no fun in playing the game. After all, a game with no challenge is just plain boring.
    Kabam might not be the most player-friendly, but they created this game (duh) with awesome graphics (which kept me in the game), so if you're going to complain at everything they do, then stop playing this game, and try making one of your own that can match up with MCOC. Good luck with that.
    Kabam. Please fix the constant lagging in the game, I've been trying to be Uncollected but then crazy things happen and I am forced to use potions or quit the quest, which frustrates me very much. It's still great that you gave us the halls though, and I'm sure that reasonable people would know how to appreciate.

-[rdrfy] Player Slasher
  • TBOSSTBOSS Posts: 5
    por media são persios quantos cristais para o golpool?
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Halls of healing and Halls of Fortune should run twice in a week for every week.

So community doesn’t drain on resources.

Bendy said:

Can we see an up in gold this time as I'm really in need of gold as I have rank ups to do but wont rank anyone as the gold shortage is real

Serious question @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Any chance the rewards are buffed or are the same as they have been since the beginning? Also by limited entry do you mean once per day per difficulty? I seem to remember the original versions ran side by side and reset every 7 or 8 hours instead of alternating days

Could you guys do this more often? Once a month or every other month would be cool. I'm mainly talking about the halls of fortune. The gold is very much needed. All my t4cc are maxed and have a few in stash plus t4cc crystals. Main thing I need is gold. Quite a few of my friends have the same problem.

Community cries, “Gold realms please. We need gold.”

Kabam, “Ok. Let’s run it for a week.”

Community cries, “More often please. Or at least give us more gold there!”

If this isn’t greed, I don’t know what is.
    The meta of the game has changed so much since the release of these events were first introduced. Back then r4 5* s were but a gleam in most players eyes now hundreds if not thousands have multiple r5 5*s and r2 6*s. However the rewards for these events have remained unchanged. It’s not entirely unreasonable that the rewards be increased to reflect the current state of the game. I don’t actually advocate running these quest more. I’m more in favor of a gold arena either weekly or in rotations with the catalyst arenas. Gold is a serious progression wall for a good number of players even if it doesn’t effect you personally
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Halls of healing and Halls of Fortune should run twice in a week for every week.

Bendy said:

Can we see an up in gold this time as I'm really in need of gold as I have rank ups to do but wont rank anyone as the gold shortage is real

Serious question @Kabam Miike @Kabam Lyra Any chance the rewards are buffed or are the same as they have been since the beginning? Also by limited entry do you mean once per day per difficulty? I seem to remember the original versions ran side by side and reset every 7 or 8 hours instead of alternating days

Could you guys do this more often? Once a month or every other month would be cool. I'm mainly talking about the halls of fortune. The gold is very much needed. All my t4cc are maxed and have a few in stash plus t4cc crystals. Main thing I need is gold. Quite a few of my friends have the same problem.

The meta of the game has changed so much since the release of these events were first introduced. Back then r4 5* s were but a gleam in most players eyes now hundreds if not thousands have multiple r5 5*s and r2 6*s. However the rewards for these events have remained unchanged. It’s not entirely unreasonable that the rewards be increased to reflect the current state of the game. I don’t actually advocate running these quest more. I’m more in favor of a gold arena either weekly or in rotations with the catalyst arenas. Gold is a serious progression wall for a good number of players even if it doesn’t effect you personally
    But remember..... people who need gold now, "can't run arena" cause they are busy and stuff. How would they possibly be able to run a gold arena :-)
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Only wish it was longer!
  • __Crixus____Crixus__ Posts: 2
    Right on time. Certainly need those for heavy questing.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    I gotta say thank you for this.

Now, can we have a Sunmoner Appreciation month after this?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

Bendy said:

xNig said:

Bendy said:

Gold arenas don’t make sense. A better solution will be inflate the gold in quests. Since the initial gold amounts in them were determined when it was predominantly 4*s, having a rough 30-40% inflation to match the cost of leveling a 5* would be a decent solution.
    edited May 2019
    xNig said:

Bendy said:

xNig said:

Bendy said:

Gold arenas don’t make sense. A better solution will be inflate the gold in quests. Since the initial gold amounts in them were determined when it was predominantly 4*s, having a rough 30-40% inflation to match the cost of leveling a 5* would be a decent solution.
    Unfortunately, that's the bit that people miss. The cost is meant to increase to pace progress. Ever since 6*s were introduced, people have been focusing on 5*s only, for the most part. However, a 5* is meant to cost more than a 4* and take longer to Rank. 6* even more. That's by design. Especially with the increased availability at stages like Uncollected and Cavalier. Otherwise, you have increased availability with no Bottleneck Resource at all, and that perpetually makes progress grow the higher up you go. That creates an inverse system where growth accelerates as you advance, and no one can progress enough to catch up.
    They're spending mad Gold Ranking 5*s as fast as they can, but they're supposed to cost more. Which means they will take longer to save Gold for.
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 414 ★★★
    what are the rewards for this event?
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Legends say that @Kabam Miike is the real @kabam thrillson
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Bidzy7 said:

Drooped2 said:

I'm actually with xNig on this one. People begged for Gold, now they want more when it runs. Lol. SMH.

This is why I've always supported not doing things like this. All this does is raise the entitlement.
    Gwenpool goes to the movies(we need more easy 5s)
    Good calandar (ugh this next month isnt as good gimme more)
    Gold realms (gimme more)

Stop doing these things kabam please.
    so you feel the last 2 months of bugs doesn't justify this...... wow ok.

These events, calenders, etc are done as a way to give back to the community for loyalty to the game, to ease dissatisfaction with the game or to offer some new fun experiences.

"Oh look i got 10k gold from the greater end game crystal , now i have enough gold to level up a 4* to level 10"
    yeah that's perfectly appropriate and balanced for players at that level.

These side quests are in no way compensation for things some players have experienced. They aren't intended to ease your disatisfaction with the game either. They are to help you with content and roster growth. That's what they've always been for. They aren't new either. They are litterally the same thing they've done the padt 3 or 4 times except the amount od gold you get and the frequency of the quests.

Also you can see the rewards in the crystals before opening. If you werent happy with the 10k gold as a prize, dont do the content. The last stand event was intended to be fun. Did I miss the mark? Sure but after they nerfed epic, it was worth it to finish it all because it wasnt a challenge anymore. It's not like you only get 1 crystal, you get a bunch of them and the possibility of some decent rewards.

Your comments are exactly why I said the community isn't ever happy. No matter what they do, its never enough. They gave a free 5* awakening grm away from Christmas. Guess what? People were mad because they didn't get to choose and also mad cause they didn't grt what they want. It led to conspiracy posts about drip rates and gives what you least want etc..

I stand by my "its never enough" comment because for 99% of the FORUM community, its not.
    These side quests are all about helping with content and roster growth? Yeah, nothing like 3* OG Avengers to tilt the odds in your favor.

Or maybe your talking about the great rewards to grow your roster. Oh wait the rewards suck.

While your statement about never enough is correct you missed the mark on you evaluation of side quest value
  • ZephyrZephyr Posts: 10
    Genuine thanks from my side! I needed this!

They're spending mad Gold Ranking 5*s as fast as they can

Wow the jealousy really jumped out in this one, dude at least hide it a little lol
    I'm sorry, what? LOL.
    You must think I started yesterday. I am just as capable, I just don't play that way. I don't swear off Ranking anything. I Rank everything at a pace, so I'm not blowing through my Gold.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I think we can be honest about the fact that the halls of healing are here because we're gonna get boned on these new war maps. Even if the difficulty was objectively the same, the learning curve will result in more item use. Halls of fortune are just a way to minimize the actual outlay of resources while still appearing generous. Best case scenario is that it's a break-even proposition for most players.

I wasn't thrilled with this past month's event. It's ridiculous that they're waiting to adjust war rewards when the adjustment was already overdue. It was disheartening that they followed a month as um...bountiful with the bounties with one as sparse as this. I'm intrigued by the stable/unstable choices in next month's event, but that's a cruel choice when only 4 resources in the game have real value to most summoners (5-star and 6-star shards, t2a and t5b).
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

Bidzy7 said:

Drooped2 said:

I'm actually with xNig on this one. People begged for Gold, now they want more when it runs. Lol. SMH.

This is why I've always supported not doing things like this. All this does is raise the entitlement.
    Gwenpool goes to the movies(we need more easy 5s)
    Good calandar (ugh this next month isnt as good gimme more)
    Gold realms (gimme more)

Stop doing these things kabam please.
    so you feel the last 2 months of bugs doesn't justify this...... wow ok.

These events, calenders, etc are done as a way to give back to the community for loyalty to the game, to ease dissatisfaction with the game or to offer some new fun experiences.

"Oh look i got 10k gold from the greater end game crystal , now i have enough gold to level up a 4* to level 10"
    yeah that's perfectly appropriate and balanced for players at that level.

These side quests are in no way compensation for things some players have experienced. They aren't intended to ease your disatisfaction with the game either. They are to help you with content and roster growth. That's what they've always been for. They aren't new either. They are litterally the same thing they've done the padt 3 or 4 times except the amount od gold you get and the frequency of the quests.

Also you can see the rewards in the crystals before opening. If you werent happy with the 10k gold as a prize, dont do the content. The last stand event was intended to be fun. Did I miss the mark? Sure but after they nerfed epic, it was worth it to finish it all because it wasnt a challenge anymore. It's not like you only get 1 crystal, you get a bunch of them and the possibility of some decent rewards.

Your comments are exactly why I said the community isn't ever happy. No matter what they do, its never enough. They gave a free 5* awakening grm away from Christmas. Guess what? People were mad because they didn't get to choose and also mad cause they didn't grt what they want. It led to conspiracy posts about drip rates and gives what you least want etc..

I stand by my "its never enough" comment because for 99% of the FORUM community, its not.
    These side quests are all about helping with content and roster growth? Yeah, nothing like 3* OG Avengers to tilt the odds in your favor.

Or maybe your talking about the great rewards to grow your roster. Oh wait the rewards suck.

While your statement about never enough is correct you missed the mark on you evaluation of side quest value
    I was talking about the halls quests. Feel free to keep trying to twist my words.
  • BigblackyBigblacky Posts: 7
    When is this starting?
  • FilledPizzaFilledPizza Posts: 119
    Bigblacky said:

When is this starting?

Tomorrow is the Halls of Fortune event, Thursday is the Halls of Healing, and it goes in that cycle until June 5th