**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

how come capiw doesnt nullify annihilus unstoppable?

capiw doesnt nullify annihiluses unstoppqble buff and im wondering why, he should as its clearly the same exact icon as juggernut and unstoppable colosus. any info would be helpful thanks

Comments

• Dogor2393Dogor2393 Posts: 70
    edited May 2019
    I think it's because he can purified nullify and just lose the power rod
  • bryndenriversbryndenrivers Posts: 443 ★★

that should clarify it better
    id appreciate a comment or an answer @Kabam Miike thanks
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

COSMIC CONTROL ROD - BUFF
    Annihilus gains the Cosmic Control Rod at the Start of the Fight.
    Whenever any Buff would be removed by a Nullify, Fate Seal, or Stagger, the effect is Purified and the Cosmic Control Rod is removed for 10 seconds.
    Immune to Incinerate, Frostbite, Coldsnap, and any effect that lowers or locks Power
    While Taunted, gain True Accuracy, Unblockable, and Unstoppable.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Maybe you just don't have any kinetic potential at the time of attacking Annihilus. So no unstoppable buff nullify action
  • bigchungus21_bigchungus21_ Posts: 53
    Happens with thing to
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★

Happens with thing to

Thing is immune to nullify effects.

For Annihilus, I believe you would have to strike him once when the unstoppable and cosmic rod were active, then do it again when the cosmic rod is in its 10 second cool down. You're going to get hit a bunch in that first strike, though, since he'll still be unstoppable due to the cosmic rod blocking the nullification.
    there is no "effect" to purify, as in "the effect is purified and the cosmic control rod is removed for 10 seconds"
    Lormif said:

Whenever any Buff would be removed by a Nullify, Fate Seal, or Stagger, the effect is Purified and the Cosmic Control Rod is removed for 10 seconds.
    Immune to Incinerate, Frostbite, Coldsnap, and any effect that lowers or locks Power
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    The "effect" being purified is the nullify. They're using that word because it could be a debuff (fate seal), passive (Stagger), or neither (nullify). It's not referring to the buff.
    @Ordalca i was still easily able to beat the r5 sig 200 anihilus that the alliance "endgame" had placed on node 22 without any boosts using capiw. we still finished 2nd in p1 i think. i was hoping since we beat the 2nd place team it might be enough to bump us into masters but it wasnt :(
    Ordalca said:

The "effect" being purified is the nullify. They're using that word because it could be a debuff (fate seal), passive (Stagger), or neither (nullify). It's not referring to the buff.

now tjat makes alot more sense
    he is an absolute roadblock for sparky and ghost though the 2x ive faced him with those 2 ive barely lived
    hes great placement on 22 imo
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    It’s weird though because voodoo just nullifies everything
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

there is no "effect" to purify, as in "the effect is purified and the cosmic control rod is removed for 10 seconds"

Lormif said:

This is one of the times that it is important to read more carefully. It says effect, not the buff. as Ordalca says the effect is the 3 things the ability states.
    Haji_Saab said:

he is an absolute roadblock for sparky and ghost though the 2x ive faced him with those 2 ive barely lived

Sparky yes .. but how does he road blocks Ghost?
    ghost cannot phase whilst under the effect of an armor break and all anhilus has to do is make contact with ghost and he places an armor break debuff on her essentially making her unable to phase which means no crits either lol
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

This is one of the times that it is important to read more carefully. It says effect, not the buff. as Ordalca says the effect is the 3 things the ability states.
    you and my bro mr @Ordalca are certainly right, i didnt interpret it in that same way though i can see thats the way you and ord intrepeted it was the way the design of the charector was intended. thank you everyone for helping to clarify this for me and also for dealing with my less than awesome spelling, lol. congrats to LFC european champs again!!!!!