**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW and getting paired up

Kabam I know your hands are full with all the bugs and known issues. But please don't forget to fix Alliance pairings. More specifically getting paired up to a harder map. Like now my team is tier 4 and we get paired up to teir 3 and AW map 3, but if we win we still get tier 4 rewards and points. It's not right, to fight on that map but get less.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It's always been that way. When you Match with an Alliance in another Tier, the Map is randomly selected between the two.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    I comprehend it's been that way. It isn't right. You should get the rewards for the map your against.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306

It's always been that way. When you Match with an Alliance in another Tier, the Map is randomly selected between the two.

My alliance was recently paired up with another one where we're both in Tier 4 multiplier, and had to play the Tier 3 map....! Sucks big time. Contacted support and cannot get a straight answer. Mods silent on this one too... it’s a big disadvantage to a team that doesn’t have the map experience. Lucky for us we’d been hovering between Tier 3 and 4 so have done it a few times now.

I have never seen the reverse where you can be in Tier 3, play an opponent in Tier 4 and get given a Tier 4 map...
  • mcv222mcv222 Posts: 7
    Same with us two ally’s in tier 6, played challenger (tier5) map and rewarded at tier 6 multiplier. Wtf explain how that is normal and always been that way.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    We were in tier 1 and matched with a (stronger) tier 2 group on the way up from tanking. The +/- had us favored even though we were the weaker group. It showed us with the x7 multiplier all through placement and then switched to x6.2 the next day. We lost the war and a ton of war rating and didn't get the benefit of the higher multiplier we had earned. @GroundedWisdom the way it has always been no one, whether Support or Mod, seems to be able to adequately explain. I agree with the OP. The way they say it works isn't the way it always works or the way it should work.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Traditionally, it has chosen Maps randomly and given Rewards based on the Tier you are in. Some had issue with that because you could play a higher Map and get lower Rewards, however that's how it's been. Recently, it's been awarding different Multipliers, and that's come up before. My best theory on this is it takes a Snapshot when you Enlist, and you earn based on that. Not sure if that's the case or there is an issue. I do know the issue has been brought up since the new Matchmaking system has been implemented.