**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Mvp

Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391

Does a players defensive kills count towards Alliance War MVP?

Comments

• Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 527 ★★
    edited May 2019
    Na, usually person on the longest path or most fights first and foremost, and then ppl say your AW defensive rating is calculated in, but it’s mostly your # of fights and exploration

So some lanes won’t ever see it

Overall though, it means nothing as you can die 20x and still get MVP
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Kaladin_ said:

Does a players defensive kills count towards Alliance War MVP?

Only ur attack contribution counts toward being AW MVP. So it’s all about ur exploration and kills. This means that if u want to be an MVP u need to choose the most long and fulfilled path and of course solo it. :smile:
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,602 Guardian
    edited May 2019
    I’ve seen cases where someone without much Attack Explore and bonuses is much higher in MVP list than others, not really much defensive kills either. Looked like Defensive PI Rating counted too for some reason (?). They tell us exactly how to calculate Points, but nowhere have I seen calculations for determining MVP's.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    The weightage of defence is high. I can no longer get MVP since my alliance team started placing 3/45 or 4/55.

No matter if I score the most kills, I won't get MVP.
  • Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    So basically no one knows, this answers are all over the place. Help @admin
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Defense rating plays the major role...I have had a war with 9 attack kills on the left side of the map and still didn't get MVP...it's a useless thing either way so it doesn't matter to me
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    It’s mainly your defensive PI... yes if you do 3 fights and someone does 10 they’ll prob get it over you, however defense PI drives it the most. This is also a completely meaningless statistic... the means of determining it are flawed and someone in a top tier alliance might have 20 while a higher level player in a smaller allaince could have 200. They don’t differentiate the difficulty level they were obtained at so pretty meaningless stat.
    It almost always goes to the players with the highest defender team rating though. So mostly a reflection of defender PI places... which makes it even more meaningless. Means a 5/65 Phoenix is a better mvp contributor than a 5/65 Medusa.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Does it really matter how MVP is calculated when it’s such a worthless, throwaway stat anyway?
    Nope. It’s mainly defender PI though. 😉
    Drooped2 said:

Defense rating is key. Our top defense gets MVP almost every war no matter what he does

Took the top five (from left to right).

Fifth position has higher defender rating than first (second is the highest but only placed MVP#2).

There is a certain weightage attributed looking at this outcome. If you spot a pattern, please share the info. Thanks.

• ConcealedWisdomConcealedWisdom Posts: 31

Defense rating plays the major role...I have had a war with 9 attack kills on the left side of the map and still didn't get MVP...it's a useless thing either way so it doesn't matter to me

I don't like how it's structured because it favors people with suicide masteries.
    edited June 2019
    I am stumped by this set of result. :o
    One battle group only.

Reading from left to right.
    1st 13.7% (26% exploration; 24,920 defender rating)
    2nd 13.4%
    3rd 12.9%
    4th 10.8%
    5th 10.3%
    6th 10.3% (20% exploration; 31,973 defender rating)