**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam, please take this into account/keep this in mind when deciding AW season 11 rewards

EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
Below are several screenshots from various friends in various alliances. I made the decision to pursue a highly competitive AW alliance this season, because everyone was pushing AQ and I do not have the time to grind arena required for donations. This season was rough, my ally has been Platinum 1 the past 4 seasons but we ran into a lot of adversity with members getting really busy in their work and home lives and it definitely cost us some wins. That being said we still reached Platinum 2, and therefore got 5 Alliance War Seasons crystals. I opened my 5 crystals and got 7k T2A and 5k T5B, since it was my first time in such a high ally (last season I was in a Gold 1 ally) I immediately went to our alliance discord to see if this was a decent haul.

Immediately I see that my BG officer got 2 T2A in his screenshot, the result of, as he said, 44k T2A shards. I was pretty ticked off, I mean that's about 6x the amount of shards I got! Then I went to the channels of other ally that I have been with over the year that I have been playing and I saw someone in Gold 1 who got 39k T2A and 6k T5B! In another alliance, who got Gold 2 (two crystals) one guy received 22k T2A and 2k T5b!

The fact that there is such a disparity in the amount of T2A one gets from these "rewards" and the fact that it is purely driven by RNG is a bad design. If this is not corrected for Season 11, then season 10 will be my last season playing this game. I have spent about $2k if not more on this game, so it is extremely frustrating to me to have these kinds of poor RNG based rewards.

Please change this going forward, I understand the point of RNG and even the need for it, but a swing of 7k to 44k purely due to RNG is absolutely ridiculous. That's like giving me 5000 5* shards when my ally mate gets 3 full 5* crystals. We did the same work, we should have the same rewards or at least very close. Your RNG is ruining the game and driving people away.

Photos:

Comments

• EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    @Kabam Zibiit please read this over and forward input to the team. It’s a reasonable suggestion imo
  • YoungcrossYoungcross Posts: 20
    I’m RNG loved on those crystals... however every other crystal in the game shafts me
    i think those are the only crystals that RNG is in my favor lmao...
    However I agree that someone in p2 shouldn’t be getting less amounts of fragments than someone in gold 2. We pay money to finish paths and dedicate ourselves to an ally just to get shafted by RNG... sorry that you got screwed bud
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    6 crystals, 55k T2A and 6k T5B.

Looks good ya?

For the last 2 seasons that I opened 10 crystals in total, I had a total of 30k T2A and 10k T5B.

So yes, rng hurts but it evens out over time.

My wife opened 3 crystals last Season (Gold 1), 40k T2A. But her opening this Season was meh.
  • D3adbolt99D3adbolt99 Posts: 1
    Yes kabam please look at this. To put in so much work for these crystals and get little return due to RNG is absurd. this is a huge turn off, and doesn’t motivate me to continue playing whatsoever. Please don’t treat your players like this. Change the system.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I'm not opposed to the rng in the crystals but most would agree that the disparity is too great. Someone in Gold 1 shouldn't be getting more t2a or/and t5b fragments than someone in Plat 2, etc. Monstrous difference in competitiveness (and, yes, I've played in both).
    Like I said I’m fine with a little RNG but this level of disparity is absurd. I worked my ass off this season and someone in my old ally which I could have gotten through the season literally not giving an ounce of effort got more T2A than me. Ridiculous.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Looks good ya?

For the last 2 seasons that I opened 10 crystals in total, I had a total of 30k T2A and 10k T5B.

My wife opened 3 crystals last Season (Gold 1), 40k T2A. But her opening this Season was meh.

xNig said:

Looks good ya?

I think the problem is that a lot of people are waiting for it to even out yet it almost never happens. This season I ended up getting 22k t2a from gold 1. That’s twice the amount then anytime I finished in plat 2/3. I’ve personally received bottom of the barrel shards every season. So getting twice the amount that I normally get is still not “evened out” in my books.

I agree with you. But kabam really needs to move away from these rng based rewards for war.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    I got far less than 10k t2a from those crystals
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    I got the (almost) minimal amount. One 2k T2A, the rest all 1k
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Looks good ya?

They have been terrible for me every season but the first when the crystals were better. I got lucky on t2 alphas this time but t2 alphas come a lot faster now anyway. It's all about the t5 basic
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,138 ★★★★★
    For past 6 seasons I've been getting the worse amounts of either 3k or 4k this season I got 7k
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Bendy 7k out of how may crystals? We finished Plat 1 and I got 7k from 6 crystals.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★
    Just need to get rick of the 1 and 2 3 4k and make it 5k ever time.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Looks good ya?

In all but one season I’ve gotten the bare minimum t2a
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Lucky t2a isn’t really a big choke now. 😂
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    another, "OMG my luck was worse than yours" post.. I mean sheesh, sometimes it is great to open up those crystals in the lower tier and get a full t2a.. I dont think they consider that the primary reward, where you seem to.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    my 2 cents, war seasons has ruined the game for me. the rewards vs the effort required are less than desirable
  • Bergy25Bergy25 Posts: 57
    I was disappointed also. You can get more 5* and 6* shards from grinding arena for 2 weeks.
  • Mr_MMr_M Posts: 35
    edited May 2019
    Gold 3 for my alliance means I only got one shot at some decent rewards

https://youtu.be/frXIFA92Y2Y

I think I did okay.
    Lormif said:

another, "OMG my luck was worse than yours" post.. I mean sheesh, sometimes it is great to open up those crystals in the lower tier and get a full t2a.. I dont think they consider that the primary reward, where you seem to.

These days, with crystals pouring out of high tier content, the crystal shards are NOT the best reward from AW season rewards, the catalysts are. I would have gladly traded my 1k 6* shards to get my buddies 39k T2A and 6k T5B... To say that it isn't the primary reward tells me what tier you are in...
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    RNG rewards are garbage. We ended up Gold 1 because of the stupid prestige matchmaking and I ended up with the most t2a I've ever gotten in all 9 seasons with 22k shards. Not great but better than i got in Plat 3 for 8 seasons.