**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Arena Grind and "Brackets"

I only just recently found out about the "brackets" for arena that depends on your level, if you're not a beginner you would LITERALLY have to spend one or two WHOLE days grinding on arena for 3*'s and higher, you gotta consider that not everyone has the time for that much grind if your someone who works full time or does various things throughout the day and very much wants those new champs. I personally think that 3* Arena should at least only be 1K or a little bit over because that's not so impossible and it should be the easier arena to accomplish; I only say this because I believe 4*'s and higher should be more of a challenge of course but I still think even those arena's cutoffs should be toned down a bit for people above the beginner bracket which are so goddamn impossible for me. I just aim for as much milestones as possible instead of the champ unfortunetely.

Comments

• UHJ69UHJ69 Posts: 132
    I do 2-3 runs with my max 3* champs and I easily get enough points to hit the top milestone or get the new champ depending on what run it is. Work on building your roster and you'll need to devote less time to arena. I do much less arena in terms of time compared to when I was first starting but get much more in terms of points
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Adding a 4-star or elite 3-star to a near-empty roster can be a huge boon to your progression. It should take an enormous investment of time or resources.
  • H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    @UHJ69 thanks for the advice, what's your bracket if you know it?
  • Ahhhh, the perils of moving up out of the beginner's bracket, lol. Fact is, the amount of people participating and grinding any arena directly effects the outcome @H3LLSHOW247 . Once you're out of the beginner's bracket, you have more competition, and it requires more work. You'll get there in time! I think there's only 2 brackets though. Maybe 3. Not sure. Been in the top tier in arena for so long I can't remember. @UHJ69 said it best. It gets easier to put up those points as you go. More ranked up champs will get you more points. Then it will take less work overall to get there. All in due time :wink:
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

I only just recently found out about the "brackets" for arena that depends on your level, if you're not a beginner you would LITERALLY have to spend one or two WHOLE days grinding on arena for 3*'s and higher, you gotta consider that not everyone has the time for that much grind if your someone who works full time or does various things throughout the day and very much wants those new champs. I personally think that 3* Arena should at least only be 1K or a little bit over because that's not so impossible and it should be the easier arena to accomplish; I only say this because I believe 4*'s and higher should be more of a challenge of course but I still think even those arena's cutoffs should be toned down a bit for people above the beginner bracket which are so goddamn impossible for me. I just aim for as much milestones as possible instead of the champ unfortunetely.

Everyone thinks this at first. But unless you're playing super-casual and have virtually zero time to grind in the arena, every player can budget some time into the arena and get pretty good rewards out of the grind. You just have to know what you can and are willing to do, and then find a decent strategy to spend that time wisely. In your case, going for milestones is probably the best thing now.

You have to have a long term perspective when it comes to progress in this game, and that includes the arena. At first, I couldn't get much out of the grind besides battle chips. Eventually I could get the 3* champ when it was not in high demand, then I could get him all the time, and eventually I could get the 4* basic when it was a rerun, then the 4* basic when it was not a top-tier champ. Then the arenas were revamped and I aimed for the 5* milestones, got to the point where I could get 2000 5* shards consistently, and now I can come close to getting all the milestones in all the arenas if I put enough time into it because my roster is large enough to do them all, and to get the top 5* milestone much, much quicker than before.

But that took years of time to slowly build up roster. You have to have patience, and take what you can when you can, because it all matters.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,420 Guardian
    Brackets are not based on what Summoner Level or Rating you are. It is based on how long since you started playing. 0-30 days, 30-60 days, and then 60+ days.

3* New Feature Hero (in 60+ days veteran bracket) typically goes for between 1.2m to 1.4m (to reach top 10% of everyone in that arena that put up at least the points required to qualify for Rank rewards). Older 3* heroes (they alternate New/Old each week) go for much less.

Not sure what Original Poster reference to only 1K is (?) 1000 Points ? Scale seems a bit off in that reference.
  • UHJ69UHJ69 Posts: 132

@UHJ69 thanks for the advice, what's your bracket if you know it?

I've been veteran's bracket for a little less than a year now. I remember when I first started, I actually didn't know about beginner and intermediate brackets until it was almost too late and I was wondering why I wasn't getting the champ anymore.