**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unfair Blackout Period

So, I went on vacation for 2 weeks and didn't have/want internet access. Needless to say, I had to leave my alliance. I got back into my alliance after 15 days and I'm still subject to the blackout period?!?!

Kabam, this is not alliance hopping (which is why you implemented the blackout period) and needs to be fixed immediately. You should not be punished for going on vacation/taking a break from the game. Please note the big factor, I did not join any other alliance during this 15 day period. I should not have to wait another 10 days or whatever it is to get AQ rewards as well as missing out on another week of SA rewards. Please remedy this as it doesn't seem right.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    It doesn't matter. You left your alliance, you get rewards locked.
  • KrazewulfosKrazewulfos Posts: 165
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. You leaved your alliance, you get rewards locked.
    Left*. and OP, I know the feeling, I took a 6 month break for school purposes, and alliance kicked while I was gone, even after promises of no kicks, I had to wait a while to get rewards too. and again, this was put into place to prevent hopping to the best alliances to get top rewards for minimal work. why punish those who need a break due to IRL? @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Miike

• MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    its 10 days....get over it. 1 week of rewards doesnt put you behind anything
  • OngellOngell Posts: 55

False.
    You're missing out on a full 2 T4b if you miss a week. They need to lower the blackout period to 7 days. There's no reason you should be able to participate every single day of the alliance quest and still miss the rewards.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★

Yeah but your logic here is stupid, yes there are rules and a blackout period... but the guy left for a valid reason and if anything shows he doesn't share accounts and doesn't get covered if away.

He shouldn't have to put up with a blackout period anyway. Pretty sure it still gets manipulated anyway I've heard if you leave at the right time, it runs out just quick enough to claim the following AQ rewards.

Same way war is manipulated and the big boys are too scared to have a proper matchup
    Ongell wrote: »

False.
    You're missing out on a full 2 T4b if you miss a week. They need to lower the blackout period to 7 days. There's no reason you should be able to participate every single day of the alliance quest and still miss the rewards.

again, it doesnt put you behind anything. you still get map crystals and can accumulate those t4b later. its really not as big of a deal as players make it.
  • KrazewulfosKrazewulfos Posts: 165

False.

again, it doesnt put you behind anything. you still get map crystals and can accumulate those t4b later. its really not as big of a deal as players make it.
    uh, yeah it is. quit downplaying it lol.

False.

uh, yeah it is. quit downplaying it lol.

lol. im not down playing anything. i went through a bit of a burn out playing in top tier allies before settling in one. i went through a few black out periods. i really isnt the end of the world. players just need to deal with it.

there are multiple ways to earn t4b. you only miss out one 1 through ranked rewards. glory is used to buy wuat you want.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Maybe kabam could add an inactive slot in alliances. Give each alliance one slot and a player can remain there so long as he doesn't sign into account. If he signs in before moving to active he gets auto kicked. Otherwise the leader can kick another player or move another player to inactive to move that player back in and there is no black out period. That way if people are away (or dealing with the tax deadline and last minute filers) the alliance is not hurt by their absence and the player does not need to be kicked or leave an alliance they have worked with for a while.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Note: I would not kick an "active member" from our alliance if they informed us of a vacation for a week or two. Why on Earth would you kick a good player for taking a vacation? Take your vacation. We'll hold the fort. Do the same for me.
    I guess if you are top 100's I guess it may be that competitive but...
    Are you a good active player in your alliance or there something I'm missing here?
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited August 2017
    OP is right.
    So, I went on vacation for 2 weeks and didn't have/want internet access. Needless to say, I had to leave my alliance. I got back into my alliance after 15 days and I'm still subject to the blackout period?!?!

Kabam, this is not alliance hopping (which is why you implemented the blackout period) and needs to be fixed immediately. You should not be punished for going on vacation/taking a break from the game. Please note the big factor, I did not join any other alliance during this 15 day period. I should not have to wait another 10 days or whatever it is to get AQ rewards as well as missing out on another week of SA rewards. Please remedy this as it doesn't seem right.

In fact, if you're joining a different alliance you shouldn't be punished by the blackout because it's obvious you were not hopping.
    The current system is punishing innocent players just for use a feature of the game in the right way.
    This system is punishing false positives and should be fixed. (Same for the Crash Penalty System).
    It should detect actual hopping and only punish it.
    edited August 2017
    Fail to see how it is "unfair" in any way? Thats the rules and you knew them before all this, so what is unfair?
    It's unfair because it's punishing false positives.

If the law want punish killers then the law is unfair if jail everyone out the house after 8pm because most killers are outside at that hours.
    Are you seriously asking Kabam to monitor and check every single ally switch in the game, and if the person says they did it for another reason, then they wait less time? Seriously, is that what you are asking? This would need literally hundreds of extra staff, and even then you would be asking them to believe the players claim for swapping on every occasion as well!
    Software.

Plus, hopping require a perfect and specific timing, and a specific tier pattern. It's not necessary to do an interview to everyone joining alliances, if someone don't follow that timing and patterns then he's no hopping. Simple.
    This guy was two weeks out then return again to his former alliance, that's an obvious innocent case, for example.

• Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Its not unfair in any way at all, its the rules, they applied the rules that the OP already knew. Nothing unfair, your logic doesnt make sense at all? Whether you agree with the rules or not, they are the rules. They have been applied fairly in this case, not unfairly

Software, really. Software that can tell WHY a player changed allys? What is this magic software that you speak off? Plus does it manage and update itself as well, and deal with all the tickets raised by people who dont agree with the software decisions?

All to save this player 3 days?

Sounds good
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    heres the simple fix blackout period starts when you leave the alliance not when you join a new one simple done theres no reason it shouldnt be this way
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    whaler213 wrote: »
    heres the simple fix blackout period starts when you leave the alliance not when you join a new one simple done theres no reason it shouldnt be this way

that's a really good idea.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Its not unfair in any way at all, its the rules, they applied the rules that the OP already knew. Nothing unfair, your logic doesnt make sense at all? Whether you agree with the rules or not, they are the rules. They have been applied fairly in this case, not unfairly

Software, really. Software that can tell WHY a player changed allys? What is this magic software that you speak off? Plus does it manage and update itself as well, and deal with all the tickets raised by people who dont agree with the software decisions?

All to save this player 3 days?

Sounds good

Actually pretty simple. If the last ally you were in has the same tag as the one you are joining again, then no blackout. Wouldn't really be as difficult as you're making it seem.
  • LegendsForgedLegendsForged Posts: 364
    edited August 2017
    I waited 3 days bc i joined a sister alliance on friday the day before AQ only to realize that i cant claim the first 3 milestones in Alliance Quest Completion. SERIOUSLY WHY THE HELL PUT A LOCKOUT IF I WAS GONNA MISS 3 OF THE 5 MILESTONES ANYWAYS WHEN IT SAID I BE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM IN 3 DAYS WELL GUESS WHAT IM NOT ABLE TO CLAIM
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

Yeah but your logic here is stupid, yes there are rules and a blackout period... but the guy left for a valid reason and if anything shows he doesn't share accounts and doesn't get covered if away.

He shouldn't have to put up with a blackout period anyway. Pretty sure it still gets manipulated anyway I've heard if you leave at the right time, it runs out just quick enough to claim the following AQ rewards.

Same way war is manipulated and the big boys are too scared to have a proper matchup

Play on vacation. Simple.
    If you want to go on vacation and leave the game, then is your choise. You already know that you'll loose rewards if you do so, then there is no need to cry due to that later
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Just to throw it out there guys.

People take poops on vacations too.

Bring your phone, get your AQ moves in. You can spend 15 minutes, total, front to back, to participate in AQ..
  • Ja55Ja55 Posts: 155
    whaler213 wrote: »

This is my kind of guy/gal. Months and months of complaining and someone finally has a good idea. Bravo.

The blackout period is dated now anyway with the new aq setup. The swapping abuse is taking place in aw which has no blackout.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Why not have pro-rated rewards? You leave (or get kicked from) an alliance and give up those rewards you helped with, then join a new alliance and help there, but end up with no rewards for either for that week.

I've seen ally's kick players the day before SA is over to drop their numbers into a lower tier. Those players get nothing. Additionally, you join a new ally after SA starts and contribute to their points in their SA for 6 days but you get nothing from it.

In the case of SA, if your ally earns a 41-70% rank reward you get 425 5* shards, but you could cut it to 60 shards per 24hrs with the ally. Crystals and pots are bonuses for being there the whole 7 days.

Join an hour after SA starts? get 6 days worth. Get kicked on the 3rd day, get 3 days worth. All of it zeroed out if you have no participation (just like milestones in the other events).

The rest of the blackouts seem fair. You qualify for any milestones that occur after you join.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    AQ lockouts are completely redundant now with the new brackets
  • Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
    I think this should be something that an alliance leader has the option to turn on or off.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I'm not entirely a fan of the black outs but understand the purpose. Alliances used to deal with hoppers all the time, maybe lower alliances still do, don't see it as an issue with higher alliances where players have established a good holding. I've always felt that if you joined an alliance before an event started you should get the rewards, like joining day 1 of AQ. But if you join after the event started than you shouldn't.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Just to throw it out there guys.

People take poops on vacations too.

Bring your phone, get your AQ moves in. You can spend 15 minutes, total, front to back, to participate in AQ..

this, play on your spare time, before u sleep, i mean DOES IT REALLY HURT to login?

your missing login rewards thats 1 thing, you already took 2 weeks of vacation thats 2 aq sessions.

and another, your alliance said they wasnt going to kick you, and THEY did!!!
    since you went on vacation your already behind.

unless there is some force thats making you not be on your phone...to not even be on social media aswell, fb,instagram,snap that u cant loging for 2 minutes to mcoc to login? u can even do bare minimum in aq.

its your fault

• NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Listen, the rules are in place for every single one of us. Please quit with the poor me routine. I just changed alliances and I'm not complaining about the blackout period. The system was put into place to stop mercs from ruining the game.
  • Bigdrail93Bigdrail93 Posts: 48
    Missing rewards for 10 days isn't gonna kill you. This game is a marathon not a Sprint. Everyone is aware of the system. Do your 10 days and don't leave the alliance again.
    I'm in vacation then I left my alliance. Now I'll be punished for use a feature of the game in the right way just because there are mercs and wasn't made a system just for punish them.
This discussion has been closed.