**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Continue to Explore the Battlerealm with Carina in Act 6 Chapter 2!

Comments

• V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Does Lifecycle function like Corvus’ immunity? For example, if the final blow came from the final hit of a special or an L3, would they be knocked out or would it not work?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Looking forward to this, I’m worried about a 100k ok boss though, especially if it’s someone a bit bs with damage back
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Will 6.2 legends runs be analyzed for account sharing. 4 of the top 20 6.1 legends runs were done by the same person. That number increases if you include all 100 6.1 legends.

Report them then
  • KbugiiKbugii Posts: 167 ★★

Gamer said:

Instant of lol me pliz espline the node. I’m not the best to English but I’m migt not understand all of them @xNig can u tell me is all chmap like covus and ghost gone and no longer usbael ikow u don’t can tel much but my English ist the best.

Backblast in Quest 2 is definitely going to challenge you to choose Champions other than Corvus or Ghost, but that doesn't mean they are not useful for the rest of the Quests.
    Dont the gates and the fact that some of us are going to be forced to use trash 6 stars to fill roster spots already challenge some enough?

I mean lets be honest. 75% of the 6 star pool right now are what the community consider after thought champs because they didn't really do well in previous quests. A good chunk don't really stand well in this meta of the game and it's great that some champs are getting reworks but its only a few which arent included in 6 stars and many from the bottom quarter of the total game roster right now probably need some reworks.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Now that the nodes have been revealed...

@Akhilxcx how does your words taste?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Regarding Backblast, I cleared it with Ghost. Not an issue, but requires a change in playstyle. Just saying. 😊
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited May 2019
    MCOC Team said:

EMBRACING GUIDANCE

CLASS AND RARITY GATES

This Chapter comes with a new feature called “Class and Rarity Gates”. Some paths in each Quest will contain Gates that require Summoners to have a specific number of Class and/or Rarity combinations within their roster! Take a look at our announcement dedicated to Class & Rarity Gates for more information.

According to the class and rarity gates post it is not in the roster but in the team. Can you please clarify this?
  • LeagueofShadows_LeagueofShadows_ Posts: 9
    Isn’t this almost a pay to win? Not everybody can just rank up any champ they want to be powerful enough to be useable. On top of that since there are no crystals that guarantee certain champs, many people might not even have the needed champs to beat this. It would then take probably hundreds of dollars to get the needed champs, with then another few hundred to rank them high enough and that’s just for a single needed champ. To make it fair, every aspect of the game should be beatable with any champ. Some may take more skill, but that’s it, skill to live, not instant death if using the “wrong” champ.
  • Furion17Furion17 Posts: 267
    edited May 2019
    MCOC Team said:

EMBRACING GUIDANCE

Carina continues to explore The Battlerealm, tapping into her unique powers and finding out exactly what she’s capable of. Under the tutelage of Dr. Strange’s astral form she pushes the limits of her strengths, however her abilities have been wreaking havoc across The Battlerealm, leaving AEgon and the Summoner to clean up the mess while villainous elements take advantage of the madness. With Carina leaving a trail of destruction wherever she goes,The Grandmaster has grown weary of what she has done to “his” Batterealm and decides to send an old friend to teach them a lesson...

RELEASE AND LEGENDS:

Act 6 Chapter 2: Guidance releases on JUNE 12TH for all who have completed Chapter 1!

Like Chapter 1, you will also have an opportunity to become one of the skilled Summoners that earn a Legends title for Act 6! This Legends run will begin the moment you start Act 6 Chapter 2, and end the moment you 100% explore all Quests in the Chapter. You’ll have until July 12th at 10:00:00 AM PDT to log a time.

The rewards for the Legends run of Act 6 Chapter 2 are:

Rank 1-5
    10x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals (2% each of a random Tier 5 Class Catalyst)
    22,500x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    2x Tier 2 Alpha Catalysts

Rank 6-100
    5x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals (2% each of a random Tier 5 Class Catalyst)
    11,250x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    1x Tier 2 Alpha Catalysts

Additionally, the Top 40 Summoners from this Chapter’s Legends run will be awarded a new 6-Star Champion that has never before been owned by any Summoner! That Champion will not be awarded until after Act 6 Chapter 4’s Legends Run is complete.

CLASS AND RARITY GATES

This Chapter comes with a new feature called “Class and Rarity Gates”. Some paths in each Quest will contain Gates that require Summoners to have a specific number of Class and/or Rarity combinations within their roster! Take a look at our announcement dedicated to Class & Rarity Gates for more information.

BUFFS

There are 5 new Global Buffs making an appearance in Act 6 Chapter 2. Each Quest features one of these Buffs to test Summoner skill and roster:

Lifecycle:

The Defender is immune to damage from debuffs and has a shield that prevents them from being knocked out. If the shield is not already disabled, knocking down the Defender disables it for 0.5 seconds. Each time the shield is disabled its downtime is increased by 0.5 seconds up to a maximum of 3.5 seconds. Every hit that would knock the Defender out while the shield is active heals 10% of their max health.

Backblast:

The Attacker's Critical Damage is doubled, however if damage from a critical hit exceeds 5% of the Defenders max health or the Attacker lands 4 or more guaranteed crits throughout the fight, the Attacker suffers from an Incinerate Debuff dealing damage equal to their last crit over 5 seconds.

Icarus:

When the Defender is struck by an attack or stunned by a parry, the Attacker gains a Fury Buff granting 10% Attack Rating for 10 seconds. If the Attacker gains more than 8 Fury Buffs in this way or one of these Fury Buff expires, the Attacker is inflicted with a Degeneration effect dealing 100% of the Defender's attack over 4 seconds. If the Attacker lands a heavy attack their Fury Buffs are removed with no penalty.

Destructive Feedback:

At the start of the fight, the Defender gains a Kinetic Shield preventing them from taking damage for 10 seconds. While this shield is active, all damage dealt by the Attacker excluding damage from Special 3 attacks is stored. When the shield expires the Defender takes all stored damage, however if the Defender makes contact with the Attacker the damage is reflected onto them instead. When this shield expires there is a 15 second cooldown before it activates again.

Do Not Go Gentle:

The Attacker gains 1 charge for every 5 hits in their combo meter. When the Defender receives damage from any source that would knock them out and the Attacker has 1 or more charges, a charge is consumed instead and the Attacker receives damage equal to the Defenders attack. If the Attacker Intercepts the Defenders Attack, 2 charges are removed with no penalty. Landing a Heavy Attack also removes up to 1 charge with no penalty.

PI RANGES

Here is an approximation of PI ranges you should expect to encounter in each Quest:

Quest 1
    Paths: ~24,000-30,000 PI
    Boss: ~50,000 PI

Quest 2
    Paths: ~26,000-32,000 PI
    Boss: ~60,000 PI

Quest 3
    Paths: ~28,000-34,000 PI
    Boss: ~70,000 PI

Quest 4
    Paths: ~30,000-36,000 PI
    Boss: ~80,000 PI

Quest 5
    Paths: ~32,000-38,000 PI
    Boss: ~90,000 PI

Quest 6
    Paths: ~34,000-40,000 PI
    Boss: ~100,000 PI

ENERGY/PATHS

On average, All quests in Chapter 2 will have:

3 Energy Per Step
    10 paths
    4 of which have Class or Rarity Gates
    Approximately 600 Energy for Quest Exploration

REWARDS

We’re doing things a little different for Act 6. Instead of putting a majority of the Rewards in Act Completion and Exploration, we’re going to be redistributing a big portion of those rewards throughout the Chapter rewards, so those of you that are finishing them as they come can make use of those Rewards earlier.

While the final Act completion/exploration rewards may not be as relatively “juicy” as Act 5’s were when that was released, you’ll be receiving better rewards earlier than otherwise.

Quests 1-6 Completion and Exploration (Total):

30x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    180,000x Gold
    99,000 Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments
    540x Units

Chapter 2 Completion :

22,500x Tier 5 Basic Fragments
    4000x 6-Star Shards
    10,000x 5-Star Shard
    1x 5-Star Rank up Gem Crystal (Rank 3 to 4)
    750,000x Gold
    3x Cavalier Crystals
    1x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst

Chapter 2 Exploration:

1x T5CC Fragment Crystal (Note: This is a Special Crystal that contains 25% of a T5CC, and not the regular Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal)
    1x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst
    6000x 6-Star Shards
    15,000x 5-Star Shard
    4x Tier 2 Alpha Catalysts
    1,250,000x Gold
    5x Cavalier Crystals

1)Lifecycle- Archangel,void,blade,supreme,Nick fury,GP nerf global node.
    2)Backblast- corvus,ghost,spidy stark,cull,Agon nerf global node.
    3)Icarus- Hyperion nerf global node may be ??? But for sure a disadvantage to players who relies greatly on parry mastery to get opening...
    4)Destructive feedback- Just combine BPCW with Nameless Boss Thanos last stand ability to take damage only by intercepting for a very small time gap availability.

Thanks kabam
    :wink::wink::wink:
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Isn’t this almost a pay to win? Not everybody can just rank up any champ they want to be powerful enough to be useable. On top of that since there are no crystals that guarantee certain champs, many people might not even have the needed champs to beat this. It would then take probably hundreds of dollars to get the needed champs, with then another few hundred to rank them high enough and that’s just for a single needed champ. To make it fair, every aspect of the game should be beatable with any champ. Some may take more skill, but that’s it, skill to live, not instant death if using the “wrong” champ.

That wouldn't be much of a challenge at this stage of the game. In fact, most of the latter part of the game is built on options that are the best, and in some cases, mandatory.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Will these nodes be affected by ability accuracy reduction? It sounds like Crossbones will be a viable option for many of them.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Report them then

How many times? Players have been reporting this at least since the top 5 Act 5 legends time were done by one person.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Instant of lol me pliz espline the node. I’m not the best to English but I’m migt not understand all of them @xNig can u tell me is all chmap like covus and ghost gone and no longer usbael ikow u don’t can tel much but my English ist the best.

Backblast in Quest 2 is definitely going to challenge you to choose Champions other than Corvus or Ghost, but that doesn't mean they are not useful for the rest of the Quests.
    So that incinerate damage will be passive? Because otherwise it will just make her even better lol
    It a debuff so can tour it of
    I have yet to see a degen effect that can be shrugged off or be countered by Gulk (except starburst) so I highly doubt Gulk or debuff shruggers like AV, CB, or Ghost will be able to counter.
    Setting aside the conflation of the two different nodes, Gladiator Hulk's Face Me is triggered by passive DoT, so it should be triggered by all passive degen effects. In particular, Act 6.1.1's No Retreat node applies that form of degen. As a passive effect, it cannot be shrugged off by champions that explicitly shrug off debuffs, as passive degen is not considered a debuff in that context.

Another specific place to see Gulk counter passive degen is dueling Dormammu: his degen is a passive degen effect and Face Me activates when that effect is applied.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

So that incinerate damage will be passive? Because otherwise it will just make her even better lol
    I have yet to see a degen effect that can be shrugged off or be countered by Gulk (except starburst) so I highly doubt Gulk or debuff shruggers like AV, CB, or Ghost will be able to counter.
    Setting aside the conflation of the two different nodes, Gladiator Hulk's Face Me is triggered by passive DoT, so it should be triggered by all passive degen effects. In particular, Act 6.1.1's No Retreat node applies that form of degen. As a passive effect, it cannot be shrugged off by champions that explicitly shrug off debuffs, as passive degen is not considered a debuff in that context.

Another specific place to see Gulk counter passive degen is dueling Dormammu: his degen is a passive degen effect and Face Me activates when that effect is applied.
    I should’ve been more specific I guess. I meant degen nodes. There’s quite a few out there including degeneration, starburst, flare, life transfer, and bane. The only one that Gulk interacts with is starburst and I haven’t seen AV, CB, Ghost shrug off the others.

pretty much any aspect of the game can be beaten by any champ, some just take more skill. The only time it is not is if you fight maw with elecktra.

It is perm content, you dont have to beat it in any timeframe. If you dont have the champs you can wait.
  • LeagueofShadows_LeagueofShadows_ Posts: 9

That wouldn't be much of a challenge at this stage of the game. In fact, most of the latter part of the game is built on options that are the best, and in some cases, mandatory.
    It’s very possible to make the game challenging without making it impossible unless certain champs are used. I see this as them just trying to get people to buy hundreds of crystals to get the few needed champs to beat this new content. If you could specifically buy a single champ with a certain amount of shards, that way you could get specific champs, then I could understand a challenge where you have to use specific champs, but since it is random, this is just a money maker. As I said earlier, it is very possible to make the game challenging without making it impossible unless specific champs are used.

To make it fair, every aspect of the game should be beatable with any champ.

That's a preference, not a rule, and it is a preference this game does not, and never will honor. If this is something you believe strongly, you should consider playing games that honor that axiom.

And to be honest, that type of game is not something I have any particular interest in at the moment. I actually prefer playing a game where the state of my roster actually strongly impacts the game I experience, which makes the act of building roster meaningful. I don't consider that any more unfair than allowing people of different heights to play against each other in basketball.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Actually, it's not. With over 150 Champs and counting, there's only so far you can challenge people without restricting what they bring, especially before a new plateau is introduced like R3 6*s, which is what this is building up to. Seasoned Players are used to the same usual basic mechanics and Nodes, and there's only so creative you can get before it's no longer challenging. Challenge comes from limiting options. Whether through Champs, Nodes, Gates, Rank, Rarity, or any other way you can conceive in the current Meta. It's the Top Level thus far, and using whatever Champ you want to get through it is no longer an option. I'm not sure what game that is, but it's not this one. Pokemon, perhaps.
    V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

I should’ve been more specific I guess. I meant degen nodes. There’s quite a few out there including degeneration, starburst, flare, life transfer, and bane. The only one that Gulk interacts with is starburst and I haven’t seen AV, CB, Ghost shrug off the others.
    As I mentioned, No Retreat is a degen node that Face Me activates in the presence of (when it applies the degen). I'm not sure why nodes like Bane do not activate it; I suspect this is due to some technical ambiguities in how those effects were defined in the game prior to the devs trying to take a more consistent stance on how passive effects were defined. In general, I would assume that newer passive damage over time node effects added for new content would be more likely to trigger Face Me to reinforce that passive effect distinction.
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

As I mentioned, No Retreat is a degen node that Face Me activates in the presence of (when it applies the degen). I'm not sure why nodes like Bane do not activate it; I suspect this is due to some technical ambiguities in how those effects were defined in the game prior to the devs trying to take a more consistent stance on how passive effects were defined. In general, I would assume that newer passive damage over time node effects added for new content would be more likely to trigger Face Me to reinforce that passive effect distinction.
    They said this ability would be a buff, not passive though to be honest.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    Furion17 said:

MCOC Team said:

EMBRACING GUIDANCE

Carina continues to explore The Battlerealm, tapping into her unique powers and finding out exactly what she’s capable of. Under the tutelage of Dr. Strange’s astral form she pushes the limits of her strengths, however her abilities have been wreaking havoc across The Battlerealm, leaving AEgon and the Summoner to clean up the mess while villainous elements take advantage of the madness. With Carina leaving a trail of destruction wherever she goes,The Grandmaster has grown weary of what she has done to “his” Batterealm and decides to send an old friend to teach them a lesson...

RELEASE AND LEGENDS:

Act 6 Chapter 2: Guidance releases on JUNE 12TH for all who have completed Chapter 1!

Like Chapter 1, you will also have an opportunity to become one of the skilled Summoners that earn a Legends title for Act 6! This Legends run will begin the moment you start Act 6 Chapter 2, and end the moment you 100% explore all Quests in the Chapter. You’ll have until July 12th at 10:00:00 AM PDT to log a time.

Rank 1-5
    10x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals (2% each of a random Tier 5 Class Catalyst)

Rank 6-100
    5x Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals (2% each of a random Tier 5 Class Catalyst)

Additionally, the Top 40 Summoners from this Chapter’s Legends run will be awarded a new 6-Star Champion that has never before been owned by any Summoner! That Champion will not be awarded until after Act 6 Chapter 4’s Legends Run is complete.

CLASS AND RARITY GATES

BUFFS

There are 5 new Global Buffs making an appearance in Act 6 Chapter 2. Each Quest features one of these Buffs to test Summoner skill and roster:

Lifecycle:

The Defender is immune to damage from debuffs and has a shield that prevents them from being knocked out. If the shield is not already disabled, knocking down the Defender disables it for 0.5 seconds. Each time the shield is disabled its downtime is increased by 0.5 seconds up to a maximum of 3.5 seconds. Every hit that would knock the Defender out while the shield is active heals 10% of their max health.

Backblast:

The Attacker's Critical Damage is doubled, however if damage from a critical hit exceeds 5% of the Defenders max health or the Attacker lands 4 or more guaranteed crits throughout the fight, the Attacker suffers from an Incinerate Debuff dealing damage equal to their last crit over 5 seconds.

Icarus:

When the Defender is struck by an attack or stunned by a parry, the Attacker gains a Fury Buff granting 10% Attack Rating for 10 seconds. If the Attacker gains more than 8 Fury Buffs in this way or one of these Fury Buff expires, the Attacker is inflicted with a Degeneration effect dealing 100% of the Defender's attack over 4 seconds. If the Attacker lands a heavy attack their Fury Buffs are removed with no penalty.

Destructive Feedback:

At the start of the fight, the Defender gains a Kinetic Shield preventing them from taking damage for 10 seconds. While this shield is active, all damage dealt by the Attacker excluding damage from Special 3 attacks is stored. When the shield expires the Defender takes all stored damage, however if the Defender makes contact with the Attacker the damage is reflected onto them instead. When this shield expires there is a 15 second cooldown before it activates again.

Do Not Go Gentle:

The Attacker gains 1 charge for every 5 hits in their combo meter. When the Defender receives damage from any source that would knock them out and the Attacker has 1 or more charges, a charge is consumed instead and the Attacker receives damage equal to the Defenders attack. If the Attacker Intercepts the Defenders Attack, 2 charges are removed with no penalty. Landing a Heavy Attack also removes up to 1 charge with no penalty.

PI RANGES

Here is an approximation of PI ranges you should expect to encounter in each Quest:

Quest 1

Quest 2

Quest 3

Quest 4

Quest 5

Quest 6

ENERGY/PATHS

3 Energy Per Step
    10 paths

REWARDS

We’re doing things a little different for Act 6. Instead of putting a majority of the Rewards in Act Completion and Exploration, we’re going to be redistributing a big portion of those rewards throughout the Chapter rewards, so those of you that are finishing them as they come can make use of those Rewards earlier.

While the final Act completion/exploration rewards may not be as relatively “juicy” as Act 5’s were when that was released, you’ll be receiving better rewards earlier than otherwise.

180,000x Gold
    540x Units

Chapter 2 Completion :

4000x 6-Star Shards
    10,000x 5-Star Shard
    750,000x Gold
    3x Cavalier Crystals
    1x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst

Chapter 2 Exploration:

1x T5CC Fragment Crystal (Note: This is a Special Crystal that contains 25% of a T5CC, and not the regular Tier 5 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal)
    1x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst
    6000x 6-Star Shards
    15,000x 5-Star Shard
    1,250,000x Gold
    5x Cavalier Crystals

1)Lifecycle- Archangel,void,blade,supreme,Nick fury,GP nerf gate
    2)Backblast- corvus,spidy stark,cull,Agon nerf gate
    3)Icarus- Hyperion nerf gate may be ??? But for sure a disadvantage to players who relies greatly on parry mastery to get opening...
    4)Destructive feedback- Just combine BPCW with Nameless Boss Thanos last stand ability to take damage only by intercepting for a very small time gap availability.

Thanks kabam
    1) Not debuff immune, doesn't take debuff damage. Iceman, AA, Domino, Fury, Void, and all the champs that get an effect from debuffs and/or proc passives should still work just fine.
    2)Incinerate immunes (Havok, Night Thrasher, Rulk, Annihilus, Human Torch, Duped Vulture, Mephisto), Crossbones, and champs with weak crits.
    3) Parry into heavy, heavy intercept, and hit heavies more often.
    4) That could be tricky depending on the implementation. If they mean any contact via any contact attack, blocked or not, trickier. If they mean getting hit, easier. If I can use a champ that doesn't make contact or play keep away with specials that push away on block, knock away on hit, or don't make contact, even easier.
    5) Sounds like intercepts and heavies to keep the count low and/or Wasping it.

Again, these could be bugged to the moon and paired up with the usual suspect BS nodes (DON'T DO IT, KABAM!!!!!), but as-is, they don't seem that bad.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Furion17 said:

MCOC Team said:

EMBRACING GUIDANCE

RELEASE AND LEGENDS:

Rank 1-5

Rank 6-100

CLASS AND RARITY GATES

BUFFS

Lifecycle:

Backblast:

Icarus:

Destructive Feedback:

Do Not Go Gentle:

PI RANGES

Quest 1

Quest 2

Quest 3

Quest 4

Quest 5

Quest 6

ENERGY/PATHS

3 Energy Per Step
    10 paths

REWARDS

180,000x Gold
    540x Units

Chapter 2 Completion :

4000x 6-Star Shards
    10,000x 5-Star Shard
    750,000x Gold
    3x Cavalier Crystals
    1x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst

Chapter 2 Exploration:

1x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst
    6000x 6-Star Shards
    15,000x 5-Star Shard
    1,250,000x Gold
    5x Cavalier Crystals

1)Lifecycle- Archangel,void,blade,supreme,Nick fury,GP nerf global node.
    2)Backblast- corvus,ghost,spidy stark,cull,Agon nerf global node.
    3)Icarus- Hyperion nerf global node may be ??? But for sure a disadvantage to players who relies greatly on parry mastery to get opening...

Thanks kabam
    Learn what a nerf is. Nodes arent nerfs.
    Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Which ability are you referring to?
    DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Icurus and Backblast
    edited May 2019
    DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Both Icurus and Backblast, which seems to be the only 2 that is placed on you unless I am mistaken, unless you are talking about Do Not Go Gentle.
    Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Both Icurus and Backblast, which seems to be the only 2 that is placed on you unless I am mistaken, unless you are talking about Do Not Go Gentle.
    I was only discussing @V1PER1987 's statement about Face Me and passive nodes in general, but I think there's a completely different point of confusion here. The nodes are referred to as Global Buffs, but that's because they are buffs on the defenders, i.e. the stuff we fight on the map. Those buffs give the AI defenders the abilities described, but the effects of those abilities are not (necessarily) buffs.

Because I'm not 100% certain about how the 6.2 nodes work since the content hasn't been released yet, I'll refer to 6.1 here just so I'm sure about what I'm saying. "No Retreat" is a Global Buff in Act 6.1.1. That buff applies a passive degen on the player when the player dashes backward twice in the timeout period. The node is a buff, but the node's effects on the player are not a buff - and not a debuff either - they are a passive effect. This distinction between what the Global Buff is, and what the Global buff does, is important to understanding how the effects will work. In other words, the fact that all the Global nodes are listed as "Buffs" is generally irrelevant to how they will affect the players.
    DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

Lormif said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

I was only discussing @V1PER1987 's statement about Face Me and passive nodes in general, but I think there's a completely different point of confusion here. The nodes are referred to as Global Buffs, but that's because they are buffs on the defenders, i.e. the stuff we fight on the map. Those buffs give the AI defenders the abilities described, but the effects of those abilities are not (necessarily) buffs.

Because I'm not 100% certain about how the 6.2 nodes work since the content hasn't been released yet, I'll refer to 6.1 here just so I'm sure about what I'm saying. "No Retreat" is a Global Buff in Act 6.1.1. That buff applies a passive degen on the player when the player dashes backward twice in the timeout period. The node is a buff, but the node's effects on the player are not a buff - and not a debuff either - they are a passive effect. This distinction between what the Global Buff is, and what the Global buff does, is important to understanding how the effects will work. In other words, the fact that all the Global nodes are listed as "Buffs" is generally irrelevant to how they will affect the players.
    i dont know, all I know is they were asked if it was passive or a debuff and they said a debuff, and they differentiate the two. They do not call a passive a debuff.