**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

why I’m considering quitting ...

To start off , I love this game. The gameplay is extremely fun and interactive and as a F2P player I can say I have enjoyed my time on Marvel Contest of Champions.
However, the crystal luck is absolutely shocking on my end. As a free to play pleb it takes a guy like me roughly 2 months to grind out enough shards for a five star crystal and I get shafted every single time. My last 5 pulls from a five star crystal have been
Hulkbuster
Hulkbuster
Hulkbuster
Red Skull
Storm
Honestly I have never seen worse luck in my life. I have a 200k rating and am Uncollected. None of these five stars are usable for anything at this point in the game and I see no point to continue further with 550 four stars. I have nothing to do at the moment as all content now is extremely difficult using generally flimsy four stars. The AW rewards are severely lacking in my opinion making the competitive element completely obsolete. All I want in the game at the moment is a decent 5 star that will aid in act 5 completion, and not a five star that makes me want to head butt a table after pulling it .

This is so sad

Comments

• TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    If you're uncollected you should be getting 5*s much more regularly than every 2 months
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    to be fair Red Skull is pretty useful in content.
  • LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Sorry, but I kinda need proof of a triple hulkbuster. The basic pool is so freaking large as of right now, getting three of the same champ in a row is near impossible. This is just another post to vent at Kabam. If you are quitting, the whole community doesn't need to know. There's plenty of people who quit everyday
    In addition, there's already a thread talking about people's problems with the game.
  • LordScatsburyLordScatsbury Posts: 170
    I will give proof
    Here

• LordRaymond3LordRaymond3 Posts: 394 ★★★
    edited May 2019
    Looks like you put some sig stones in him as that 41 rating isnt possible without sig stones. You might have pulled him twice, which is believable, and then dumped sig stones in him just to try and prove a point
    my friend thought it would be funny to put 1 sig stone into him
    You can believe what you want to believe but I know that my luck has been abysmal
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

As a free to play pleb it takes a guy like me roughly 2 months to grind out enough shards for a five star crystal and I get shafted every single time.

It is likely that your 5* shard earning is limited by the fact that you haven't progressed enough in the game yet, not that you're free to play.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    DNA3000 said:

As a free to play pleb it takes a guy like me roughly 2 months to grind out enough shards for a five star crystal and I get shafted every single time.

It is likely that your 5* shard earning is limited by the fact that you haven't progressed enough in the game yet, not that you're free to play.
    Agreed. I haven't spent any money in I think half a year now, and I never spent much. I still get multiple 5*s a month.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian

Sorry, but I kinda need proof of a triple hulkbuster. The basic pool is so freaking large as of right now, getting three of the same champ in a row is near impossible.

Not really. There's something like 120 5* champs in the basic pool, and of course there were fewer in the past. But let's say for simplicity that there were always exactly 120 champs in the basic pool. The odds against pulling three of the same champ in a row out of three pulls is one in 14,400. The first pull can be anything, but the next two must be one out of 120 (the exact same one as the initial pull). That's rare, but not impossible (or near impossible).

But no one opens only three crystals. As players open successive crystals, the odds against avoiding three in a row drop kinda but not really linearly for a while (the closed form equation is a bit messy) but as a rough approximation someone who's opened about thirty crystals has about a one in 500 chance of pulling three in a row at some point. Uncommon, but not impossible. In fact, it has almost certainly happened to hundreds of players.
  • RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    edited May 2019
    RNG always can be hard. But I think the last EQ (6 looong weeks) has been especially scarce on 5* splitter. So progress and rolling the dice is even more longsome and frustrating. hopefully next month will be better.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    bb_81 said:

@LordScatsbury i am very proud of you for atleast considering quitting this abysmal game. i hope that you do end up doing so and i wish nothing but the very best for you and others like you, who has found the courage and strength to put this game down. it isn't an easy thing to do, after all we have all spent a considerable amount of time, money and effort into this once wonderful game. and for some, this game has lost it's luster and allure. thank you for sharing your thoughts, may you find something else that makes you happy in your free time. cheers to you :)

@bb_81 if that's how you feel about the game why are you here? Not trying to be a jerk, actually curious.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Okay LordScatsbury, I'm not blaming you or anything but for an uncollected player, 1 five-star every 2 months is a bit too long.

This is a game which requires a good amount of commitment from the player, especially if you're F2P. I'm not saying you should give your time, but it's kinda difficult to progress without doing so. I think quitting is your best option here.

As for Act 5 completion, it can be done with the right 4 stars too. There are plenty of guides for the easy paths.