**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Calendar Discussion [Merged Threads]

EliOrSomethingEliOrSomething Posts: 112 ★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
So you put 5* gates on act 6 but you give us 4* shards for the calendar? I understand it’s free and I probably shouldn’t be complaining, but I feel like it would make more sense to have tiered calendars, like you do with the free 4 hour and daily crystals
Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Now I'm sure if you watch his vids you'll know what I'm talking about. The Daily Calendar. It's total bullcrap. For playing an entire month you get less than 150 units, a 4 star (which I suppose is helpful to earlier players but not to more experienced players), one T4 Catalyst, A T4CC crystal, only a few hundred 5 star shards and an 3 or 4 star darkhawk. Really? You know the level some players are at, and for me and lots of you I'm sure, these rewards are literally nothing. Lots of people have suggested for an uncollected or cavalier login calendar, (a great idea which I see no faults in) and they haven't replied once. The Daily Calendar was made so that people play regularly, but with these rewards, I might as well go on holiday for a month and I wouldn't be missing out! The Daily Calendar is seriously outdated, and admins, I hope you read and consider this and all the other posts about the same thing.
    Thanks for reading
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    👀 you don't get a guaranteed 4* though
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★

No offense, but the fact that people have standards for Free Gifts is confusing to me. Let alone a list of what should be given for free.

It's more that login calendars are supposed to be there to motivate people, especially newcomers, to play the game more. As a company, Kabam should be doing a better job at providing this motivation as it means more people who download this game will want to play it
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

No offense, but the fact that people have standards for Free Gifts is confusing to me. Let alone a list of what should be given for free.

Well kabam said since cavalier they have made 5* and 6* shards much more available which is a blatant lie and with the avengers event there’s actually been much less then usual
    Only increase has been cavalier crystals but unless you whale out there’s no difference so unless they increase the amount of events with 5* and 6* shards I think we should be entitled to extra rewards
    There were 5 and 6* shard offers today....😁
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Well kabam said since cavalier they have made 5* and 6* shards much more available which is a blatant lie and with the avengers event there’s actually been much less then usual
    Only increase has been cavalier crystals but unless you whale out there’s no difference so unless they increase the amount of events with 5* and 6* shards I think we should be entitled to extra rewards
    There were 5 and 6* shard offers today....😁
    I suppose kabam has made 6* much more available for spenders but outside of them not really
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Since the purpose of the login calendar is to make players login at least once a day, I think where some people are coming from, they dont see it as attractive much less an incentive to login. Yes, free is free, but we have to know whats driving such sentiments against the calendar.

The calendar itself is not an issue for me. I’m actually glad they extended the calendar from 28 days to 30/31 depending on month. But looking at it closely, who would be enticed to login if the item is 1000 gold? If not for the resetting of rewards due to failure to login, or alliance events that you have to do sometimes as a chore or duty, then people would just leave it untouched.

In fairness to kabam, they made the shards a lil bit more accessible. Of course, we either grind for it or buy it. Some are already free - five star shards after the 28th? Yipee! But not everything is given away. Act 6, Back issue quests, monthly event quests, side quests, celebrity challenge, weekly offers and bundles - it’s there. Not just in the way we thought or expected.

At the end of the day, it’s how you look at something and deciding if it really matters or not.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    bm3epps said:

You get 2k 4* SHARDS. The login crystal is almost always a 3* anyway
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

You ever wanted something or expected in return for hard work, but didn’t get it?
    Same thing here
    It's not hard work. It's turning the game on. If you're playing the game by just turning it on, then you're playing wrong. The hard work comes from the content you do, and there are already Rewards for that.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    I don't see the problem. It's free stuff, simply by turning the game on for 5 minutes waiting for it to load. It's not meant to have large rewards. There's other content for that which you need to actively do to earn them. Although wouldn't mind a slight buff to the 5* shards near the end of the month to 1k instead of 750
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,413 Guardian
    When a lot of people first started playing, there was no free calendar rewards, there was no Hero Shards, there was no Cat Fragments, etc. You needed to work at getting a whole something (or nothing at all).

The first 4* for most people (because amount of PC Crystals was much lower, thus lowering your chances at pulling a 4* from there) was either from completing Act-3 Thanos (which needed a long while to build up enough hard-to-get 3* to max ranks), or from saving up a lot of Units (2500 Units) and waiting to get an offer to buy a 4* after many times at opening a 3* Hero.

There was no Mastery, so no big Cruelty/Precision increases to make your hits more powerful. No Parry that allows people now to just block once and then swipe in for their combo attacks.

Now there is so much free stuff, and yet people want the free stuff to be even better ?? (It's been 1 month of playing, why don't I have the resources to fully max rank-5 one of my many 5* heroes yet). Have patience, young Padawans.

Not sure if letting the Big people build at even a higher rate than already exists (compared to Lower people) would be better or worse that current. As it is, lower people will never be able to catch up to them, so maybe let all the free stuff be scaled by rating/title/etc, or else you should basically just remove Acts 1-3 completely from game because after even a very short while of playing those Acts become pointless.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Eh, no skin of my nose. It means I'm not pressured to log in for all 30 days, I missed one last month, probably miss one or two this month, at least when the "No Grace Days" thing was worth it, I actually logged in every day, but now, if AQ isn't running, likely hood is I can spend more than 24 hours off the game at a time. These rewards aren't compelling me to log on every day, and instead of complaining, just don't log in for them either if you don't want to play and don'tfeel the rewards are worth solely logging on for.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    Wake up summoners... Cavalier cristals have 2 big purposes....

1- making you spend units and $$$ to have a chance to pull a great 5* or 6*
    2- making you spend $$$ to buy resources to upgrade those new 5* and 6*
  • Narwhal52xNarwhal52x Posts: 513 ★★★
    bm3epps said:

In shards, yes
This discussion has been closed.