**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Calendar Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    B4nanaJo said:

1,000 gold?

Even after a few hours of playing for the first time 1,000 gold is less than peanuts.

OP is right - calendar should be tiered.
    And it should also be brought a few years forward.
    Which is ironic for a calendar.

It’s amazing with what ease Kabam manages to turn even something free into frustration.
    To the point where (whilst we’re on that topic) I wonder if they use a calendar of their own to schedule things like growth and how to control/allow it in their game?

Forget tiers for a second, 1000 gold is not even useful to players in the begginer bracket.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty sure that it is June so why is this calendar such a joke lol
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Free stuff. You shouldn’t rely on the calendar for anything. It units, revives and nothing else
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Yawn
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Never fails. Video is made. People follow. Lol.

I'm pretty sure people don't need to watch a video to know this months calendar is trash
    No. They complain whether they watch them or not. The Video just encourages more of it.
    You don't have to log in if you don't like the free Rewards.
    Drooped2 said:

My free stuff isnt good enough wahhhh.

Try earning what you want

I know i have to earn smh but As I said before back then they would award us with 2-3k 5 shards but why not now when mid tier players need those 5 star shards the most for things like act 6
    Drooped2 said:

Zuro said:

Drooped2 said:

I know i have to earn smh but As I said before back then they would award us with 2-3k 5 shards but why not now when mid tier players need those 5 star shards the most for things like act 6
    I dont feel like calendars should award near and game stuff like 5 shards or t2a which theyve done.ot cheapens the accompaniment of earning a reward.

I'm all for removing the calendar
    I wouldn't say remove it, but I agree it's not a one-stop source for all progression needs. Once in a while, some larger Rewards are nice, but it's not a way to get everything we need to grow. That comes from playing the game. To be honest, it's a bit absurd that we're here putting work in to earn things and people want them for turning the game on. It's all free. Not mandatory. Certainly not meant to give significant Rewards that come from playing. Not all the time anyway.

Drooped2 said:

Zuro said:

Drooped2 said:

I dont feel like calendars should award near and game stuff like 5 shards or t2a which theyve done.ot cheapens the accompaniment of earning a reward.

I wouldn't say remove it, but I agree it's not a one-stop source for all progression needs. Once in a while, some larger Rewards are nice, but it's not a way to get everything we need to grow. That comes from playing the game. To be honest, it's a bit absurd that we're here putting work in to earn things and people want them for turning the game on. It's all free. Not mandatory. Certainly not meant to give significant Rewards that come from playing. Not all the time anyway.
    I'm not trying to say I want everything straight up handed to me I just thought since kabam said with the original release of act 6 they would make 5 stars more accessible but with this calendar I thought we would get at least something minor for mid tier-endgame players
    Zuro said:

Drooped2 said:

Zuro said:

Drooped2 said:

I'm not trying to say I want everything straight up handed to me I just thought since kabam said with the original release of act 6 they would make 5 stars more accessible but with this calendar I thought we would get at least something minor for mid tier-endgame players
    They have, through a number of ways. I'm sure more will come, but the Login Calendar is a small bonus for daily patronage. Not a "meal replacement". Lol. Everyone shares the same Calendar, so you can't release too much or it affects earlier levels of progress. It's not a piece of content that doesn't pay out in a way that needs to be scaled. It's not a substitute for playing. Put too much in it, people won't bother earning. They'll just turn the game on and progress.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    The 1000 gold was out of kabam’s generosity. If not for alliance events or the prospect of losing out on later login rewards, you think people would log in everyday in to the game? I have no issue with the calendar. My issue is the rng based system that hinders the progression of some players.
    Not really. People who are that much farther along don't really need to rely on incentive to log in.
    It's meant to encourage people who are new. Everyone receives it, yes. However, it's not really targeted at Seasoned Players who are already logging in on a regular basis and earning big Rewards.

It's meant to encourage people who are new. Everyone receives it, yes. However, it's not really targeted at Seasoned Players who are already logging in on a regular basis and earning big Rewards.

Although it was targeted to seasoned players when they were giving 5 star shards and t2a a few months back
    edited June 2019
    They have a few big ticket Items yes. That's because all Players receive it. If you're depending on the Calendar as a source for material by the time you're into a certain point of the game, something is wrong. That's my issue with the whole subject. People look at it as payment for playing, like it's to be expected, and it should be suited to where they're at. It's a small Bonus so people look forward to logging on starting out. It's not wages that need to be negotiated because of inflation. If you need better Materials, you have to play the game.

They have a few big ticket Items yes. That's because all Players receive it. If you're depending on the Calendar as a source for material by the time you're into a certain point of the game, something is wrong. That's my issue with the whole subject. People look at it as payment for playing, like it's to be expected, and it should be suited to where they're at. It's a small Bonus so people look forward to logging on starting out. It's not wages that need to be negotiated because of inflation. If you need better Materials, you have to play the game.

With the way the game has been progressing some of these things like five more shards have lost value to many and can be big for the newer players so why not just hand out some five stars shards as it is way less rare then it used to be and even back when it was rarer we got more of those shards from the calendar then than we do now
    Like I said, by the time you need that many more Shards, you shouldn't be relying on the Calendar to give them to you. You should be earning them in the game.

Like I said, by the time you need that many more Shards, you shouldn't be relying on the Calendar to give them to you. You should be earning them in the game.

But with kabam saying they are going to make 5 stars more available why not put it in the calendar
    edited June 2019
    They said they would make them more available. They didn't say you would get them by doing nothing. Lol.
    edited June 2019

They said they would make them more available. They didn't say you would get them by doing nothing. Lol.

Ik but putting shards in the calendar is an option
This discussion has been closed.