**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Calendar Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    I like it, the 4 star shards are amazing for me but keep in mind I’ve only been playing for a month
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    I do agree on there being a calendar revamp. But being so hostile about it isn’t going to get us anywhere.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

My free stuff isnt good enough wahhhh.

Try earning what you want

Ok I agree here but kabam need to increase the amount we can earn via more events or other ways
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It ain't free. We grind our butts off for one disappointment after another and the calender is a way to mitigate that. Some things on the calendar are not available to "win" or open or collect as a drop anywhere in the game, so rather than work on their rng, and rather than putting more useful items in the games as drops (and losing control of them) kabam has stuck a few of them on a monthly calender. That is why we have these stupid time wasters like "halls of healing." So yeah i could say goodbye to the calender! If they would put a team revive or a tier 2 restore in as a drop someplace in the game, instead of hording them to provide as they feel like or to sell them.
  • BigdogbobBigdogbob Posts: 125
    I have been playing this game since day one and I have some advice for those complaining about the calendar: lower your expectations. Lower them way down. Expect garbage from pretty much every aspect of the game. Expect rewards to suck. Expect to get crappy champs from opening your crystals. Expect to get gems and stones you can’t use. Expect bugs that will affect the game play and cost you items to clear basic content. Expect all of these things. About 80% of the time you will be correct in your expectations so you won’t be so disappointed. Then when something food does happen it will be that much more awesome for you as you won’t be expecting it.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    If they don't want new or mid tier players getting too goo of rewards then there needs to be different versions of the log in calendar. They love to tell us how being Caviler gets u access to more shards, how about actually doing what they say with a Cav log in calendar?
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

Never fails. Video is made. People follow. Lol.

Seatin told me the sky is brown and I have the ability to read minds if I eat only fish...you telling me that’s not true?
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

@UmbertoDelRio I feel like your overly dishonest and just think you’re cool because you don’t agree with someone as notable as seatin in the MCOC community. He rarely does make the rant videos. The guy that just complains is honestly just Proff Hoff, guy can’t go a day without making a 10 min complaint video about the game he milks the heck outa issues. Seatin wouldn’t upload a video about something without having a reasonable cause, in fact if you look at his channel the other video that’s a rant is his satirical comedy sketch of being a the CEO of kabam, which was made two weeks ago after that it’s very rare for him to go on rants. We share his videos because they are well produced and provide relevant information for players. I use many of his guides and champion usage guides

wait how is prof hoff the complaint guy and why blame him when kabam cannot fix the issues. he is just generally making videos on the content his subscribers and follower ask him for and i think he's doing a pretty good job raising issues when we can't on forums bcoz of all the usual suspects. also one day seatin rants another day he buys $200 crystals so yeah i dont agree with most of what he says bcoz of duplicity but i agree with this calendar thing though. calendar and other reward areas require a major overhaul and not remain stagnant as they are.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    There needs to be tiered calendars (with reasonable rewards for logging on, not this trash), and a revamp to this current calendar as well
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    The recent in game offers and calendars rewards are terrible. Unfortunately the company doesn't see how unhappy summoners are with this. Most threads that express the disappointment of the summoners are shut down or flooded with posts by a few on the forum defending the game team and their offers and rewards. Yes it's a free calendar and you are rewarded for just logging in everyone knows this. Attacking posters and calling them entitled is really unnecessary. Unfortunately mods allow these posts while removing any post directed at these people saying it's a violation of the tos. The game team seems to be out of touch with the player base and although they claim to play this game they don't seem to recognize the frustration of the players when the game is full of glitches. The loyal players who have stuck with this game and made it one of the top rated games are just ignored or their comments are removed. The monthly login calendar is a great way to entice people to keep playing and an update to the login rewards would be a great way to show that they care and give something worthwhile back to the players. While I'm sure this will either be removed or trolled by those who support every decision kabam makes I think it needs to be said. Make the calendar progression based and reward your players for continuing to play this game at higher tiers with useful items or relevant shards to their progression. As a company it was stated that 5 and 6*s as well as rankup resources would be more available in the current meta of the game so stand behind that statement and use your calendar as a way to provide this without requiring spending or come out with a revised statement saying they are only more available if you are willing to spend.

Never fails someone speaks against kabam and the forum trolls come out to belittle them. The calendar sucks unless you are a 2 week old account
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Drooped2 said:

My free stuff isnt good enough wahhhh.

Try earning what you want

I know i have to earn smh but As I said before back then they would award us with 2-3k 5 shards but why not now when mid tier players need those 5 star shards the most for things like act 6
    They've only done 3k 5* shards once or twice. It's never been an ongoing calendar item.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Act 6 is a different topic. And a much larger one at that.

But since you mentioned it, I’d have to agree. But looking at rewards patterns in prev acts, kbm started giving good rewards on chapter 3. Act 4 first two chapter had the horrible ascendant crystal. Act 5 had rank up gem for four stars when the actual reward should have been a rank up gem for 5 star. The 5* awakening gem was introed in 100% of ch 3,4 and exploration of act 5.

If this pattern continues, kbm will just issue better rewards and of course much harder content on act 6.3

What’s worse is... that act 6 gives cavalier crystals crystals that have a 90% chance to drop a champion you cannot use in the content you earned the reward in. LOL

Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Never fails someone speaks against kabam and the forum trolls come out to belittle them. The calendar sucks unless you are a 2 week old account
    Never fails people are.given more.then they deserve and whine its still not enough
    Just curious. If you are that content with the state of the game why are you always on the forum ? It's not to offer constructive advice since you spend most of your posts to condemn anyone who questions any aspect of the game and cutting down anyone who has a concern about the state of the game. The level of toxicity you and a few others are bringing to these posts take away from the discussion. I think everyone understands you believe all is well but I have yet to see you convert anyone else to that way of thinking with your spite filled posts
    Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Never fails people are.given more.then they deserve and whine its still not enough
    Just curious. If you are that content with the state of the game why are you always on the forum ? It's not to offer constructive advice since you spend most of your posts to condemn anyone who questions any aspect of the game and cutting down anyone who has a concern about the state of the game. The level of toxicity you and a few others are bringing to these posts take away from the discussion. I think everyone understands you believe all is well but I have yet to see you convert anyone else to that way of thinking with your spite filled posts
    Contrary to the forum beliefs I'm allowed to speak just as you are.
    That isn't an answer to the question. I don't see anywhere it says you can't speak
    Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Drooped2 said:

Dshu said:

Contrary to the forum beliefs I'm allowed to speak just as you are.
    That isn't an answer to the question. I don't see anywhere it says you can't speak
    Fine ill more detail it before I go back to farming heals for act 6.
    I dont feel all is well I feel kabam gives too much to incessant whiners. Demanding more free stuff and like to post my opinion on the matter. I think kabam shouod remove the entire calendar system you get what you earn in game.

Im not trying to convert anyone I'm just stating an opposition viewpoint of the mainstream.

This "community" people speak of is toxic as can be with the demands for this and that without any earning imo.

You can call me toxic all you want but trying to shut down the constant whine fest is actually fighting the toxic community
    That's at least an answer. Now let me expand on my original post.

The calendar as it stands is ****. There is nothing on the calendar not easily farmed or that really helps anyone who has played this game for more than a few weeks progress in the game. If they are going to tie up server space (servers being a huge issue in this game) they should at least make the items offered more progress based. If not then sure scrap the whole calendar we didn't have it when I started playing anyway.

In regards to you trying to clean up the forum single handedly by shutting down the so called whine fest you see. Your attacks on other posters are just as bad if not more toxic than the original posts demanding free rewards.
This discussion has been closed.