**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CjlocoCjloco Posts: 13
    I had this happen yesterday. I was using masacare fighting green goblin mini boss in aq. Was hitting block to get ingintion charges and gg one shot me wi
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Happened just now aq map 5 expert. Sect 3 cosmic sentinel last one on middle right.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has provided specific information about instances in which AI has used a special while blocking. We've passed those on for investigation into instances where it may be more likely to occur in order to evaluate the situation.

But, as has been stated previously in this thread, the previous update provided an improvement but not a 100% fix. It has always technically been possible and will continue to be so. This is not a situation where changing a single variable will fix the situation 100% and any change will have many considerations to take into account. Please keep this in mind and we thank you for understanding.

In my mind:
    "...previous update provided an improvement but not a 100% fix." = Indicates this is a bug.

" It has always technically been possible and will continue to be so." = Indicates this is not a bug.

I hope you can see how this response can be seen as confusing. Could you provide some more clarity? I have been affected by this bug and/or intentional mechanic for two months now. The above official response doesn't help me, as a customer, determine if this issue will either persist as a permanent game mechanic or be treated as a bug and fixed.

For the record, it happened to me yet again this morning with OR facing Medusa in the T4B arena. Anticipating a concise, transparent explanation from the game team. Thanks.
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    In aq map 5 section 2 on the poison lane there is a cyclops. While fighting him I was using omega red and doing a 4 hit combo into his block to stack spores. After the first 2 hits he fired his special while I was mid swing. So all my spores got knocked off and so I parry 5 hit and then go ahead and hit into his block again and he fires it again. Since when can you throw a special while still blocking.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    I don't hit into block much and haven't had it happen since update, but it is a small test window so far. What I still see though is enemies evading out of a multi hit special after the first 2-3 hits of it. I still think that if the first hit of a special hits, all should hit. With that still happening, I'm going to assume they are probably still able to throw a special in there during a blocked combo.
  • Mr_KonmanMr_Konman Posts: 16
    The potential is still there. The AI sometimes still comes out of the block state on the second or third hit when hitting into their block. Haven't been hit by a special yet but this bug still makes it very challenging to fight any character/node that requires you to hit into their block (Thing, NC....).
  • MetaphorUraniumMetaphorUranium Posts: 83

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has provided specific information about instances in which AI has used a special while blocking. We've passed those on for investigation into instances where it may be more likely to occur in order to evaluate the situation.

But, as has been stated previously in this thread, the previous update provided an improvement but not a 100% fix. It has always technically been possible and will continue to be so. This is not a situation where changing a single variable will fix the situation 100% and any change will have many considerations to take into account. Please keep this in mind and we thank you for understanding.

This response is a non-response. Are you seriously telling us, who've been playing this game since 2015, that something that has never happened prior to 2019 has always been "possible"? You'll have to do better than that. This isn't some simple frame rate issue. This is a full speed combo hitting into a block, but having the AI interrupt the active attack with its own special.

Something changed, and you know it. You have two options: 1) it's a bug you didn't intend; 2) it's not a bug, and you did intend it.

If it isn't a bug, then I'm left with the only other option: it's an intentional change that Kabam intends to keep. If that's so, just say that, Kabam, so the community can adapt. This is not rocket science; it's economics. Since Kabam is the one raking in the $$. Hence the secret changes and then public ***** responses a month later. SMDH.
  • 4cyke4cyke Posts: 43
    It still happens.
    Unlike some bugs affect specifiable charcters or nodes,this affect all players, so maybe we shouldn't move on so soon .
    And on this subject , I'm not so sure it's a bug , more like a intended change :
    First , guard/block stun is a common concept in FTG , basicly means the period time you stuck in (unable to move) when block an attack.
    What I think happened is , they reduced AI''s block stun, so the AI can react faster after blocking attack , thus they can :
    fire SP mid blocking,catch you up backdrafting ,back step mid blocking...
    When we call them out on this , kabam tweaked block stun length back a little ,so it don't look so obvious,but still as long as it's before .
    Though we have no solid prove , concidering rencent events change , the AI tweaks , it adds up...

This change ( as i said ,not sure it's a bug) present us players 3 problems imo:
    1. 1 Backdraft as an effective way to attack , is no longer useful. But hey, with the AI constantly being tweaked , what's new?
    2. 2 When blocking attack you can't move , this is/was one of the fundamental mechanics of the game. When it's not reliable , what can we players count on? I think broken maybe quite fit to decribe the game.
    3. 3 By shorten the block stun , they gave AI quite an advantage , because even if players' and AI's block stun length are same , we can never react as fast as machine to utilize it . We are not supposed to compete reaction with micro computers .It's simply unfair . And if we allow them keep giving AI unfair advantages , what's next? where it end?
    The 1st problem we can adapt and deal with it. But i think we really should take the 2nd & 3rd problem seriously.
  • xCristoxCristo Posts: 30
    edited June 2019
    It happens even more frequent and it looks like it's specific to omega red. I tried hitting in block with other champs and no response at all from them, but when starting to hit them with omega's medium, it immediately starts to either use a sp or intercept with a light attack out of nowhere. I would suggest to either slow down the god damn AI OR make the animation between the medium and the first light faster so that you can actually hit them in block without being killed. (Just got killed by a killmonger with his sp1 after hitting him in block with a medium and then trying to use a light attack (that was it's first sp in the match) and kinda triggered because this issue has been signaled 2 months ago and it's still not fixed...). @Kabam Lyra
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Same here. Map7 yondu on invade node
    I was using red hulk, hitting on guard, when yondu dexed away and countered me once,
    Launched sp once
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra As 4cyke stated, this looks to be a bigger issue with AI reaction time overall that is causing lots of issues. This is something has been brought up multiple times but never responded to. What is the intention of the game design team here?
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra As 4cyke stated, this looks to be a bigger issue with AI reaction time overall that is causing lots of issues. This is something has been brought up multiple times but never responded to. What is the intention of the game design team here?

This is not correct. There has been no change made to AI response time.
    edited June 2019
    Event quest

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

Event quest 3.1 - the invisible woman map vs killmonger. Was playing with omega and hit it's block with a medium and then proceeded with a light for the MLLL back combo. After the medium, it sp1 me. It happens against lots of champs with omega though. Seems like omega's transition from medium to light is a lot slower than any other champ and the AI sees that as an opportunity to counter almost everytime. Will play more with him and try to get all the champs that do this, or at least as many as I can.

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

In Arena, this happens pretty much to every character i play and against any character. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens. It's happened in war, Starlord was killed by CAIW on my second fight. Most recently, i was using blade in AQ against Electra.
    Just happened again in arena, Blade vs CAIW.
    Event quest 1.2 omega vs hawkeye. Hawkeye sp1 after medium in block.
  • 4cyke4cyke Posts: 43

There has been no change made to AI response time.

So AI's block stun didn't get shortened ? Then pls tell us what exactly DID change so that all of sudden ai can attack , backstep , fire sp while blocking .

From what i read on the forums and myself's experience , this happened to a lot people with a lot different champions against a lot different opponents . So it may not be "everyone", but isn't limited to a few specific champions either.
    It should be easy to test , just find anyone with large health pool , preferably stun immue and have some power gain — on top of my head , that hyperion in 5.4.6 fits , but really anyone fits above requirements should do. Just pick any champ you want to test to fight that guy , see what's gonna happen .
    again in arena. Iceman vs Hyperion.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    Happened to me with Mephisto against Hela. Hit her block once and she land a special on me while I was hitting her.
    What more proof do you want(details of the device, fights, etc...)? Everyone who plays the game knows for a fact this is happening. I can keep posting fights as it occurs.
  • RomankarlikRomankarlik Posts: 22
    Happened to me as well, in arena with nebula against archangel.
  • 18sae5618sae56 Posts: 126
    I was hoping this would get fixed in the last update, but it just happened to me in EQ. I'm punching into Medusa's block to push her back while she has 3 fury and all the sudden she hits me with an L2 on my second hit. I'm not doing it slow, I've been playing this game for a long time. This is clearly a bug and not something a user can do. If you're holding block down you can't attack, yet the AI somehow can.

@Kabam Miike this was in uncollected EQ. 3.3 R4 Aegon vs. Medusa top left path.
This discussion has been closed.