**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Hood's Hex Nerfed?

The Hood's Hex is suppose to reduce ability accuracy 85%.

Hood's ability description now shows 65%.

Comments

• Zonix42Zonix42 Posts: 49
    Just before Hood is the basic arena champion too.

Kabam didn't mention anything, is the change intentional?
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Kabam said they fixed a problem with his description I assume that was it
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »

They said the problem was it didn't say that damages were magic. Nothing else
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    TKal wrote: »
    Sirnoob wrote: »

They said the problem was it didn't say that damages were magic. Nothing else

Then nvm
    Kabam changed the ability reduction % many times. During the past, the ability reduction was 56% (green % not fixed).

Then the ability reduction was 85% (white % fixed) for the longest time.

The week before Hood is the basic champ the ability reduction is now 65% (white % fixed).
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    56% is the correct number. If it showsn65%, then he was buffed.
    He deals 85% damage when Hex epires.

Thats what it is in his zpotlight. Maybe he was always like that, but the text ingame was bug, and then it got fixed
  • RipVanWinkleRipVanWinkle Posts: 13
    My 3* Hood still shows 65%, but I could have sworn that it used to be 85% (I know that the Hex damage is 85%). Does someone have a screenshot of a Hood's SP2 post-12.0 prior to this week?
  • Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    pwerxii3qds1.png
    Ext is right, 56% is the correct number and should always be like this
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    56% is the correct number. If it showsn65%, then he was buffed.
    He deals 85% damage when Hex epires.

Thats what it is in his zpotlight. Maybe he was always like that, but the text ingame was bug, and then it got fixed

Pre-12.0, Hood had a boostable 56% (green %) chance, this was very powerful because of Quake.

Kabam changed the % to 85% (white %) after the 12.0 update, this % could not be modified by Quake.

Now the % is 65% (white %) after the 14.0 update.
  • RipVanWinkleRipVanWinkle Posts: 13
    @Zonix42 Thank you.

Hood, and obviously his spotlight, reflect pre-12.0 stats. The fact that he's gone to 85% and then 65% since 12.0 tells me that there's no way that 56% is still the correct value.
    Just as I said ...
    85% was incorrect. That's what was fixed in his text. During combats, he reduced enemy's ability accuracy by 65%.
    The only thing wrong was his text. Nothing changed on him besides that
  • ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Just as I said ...
    85% was incorrect. That's what was fixed in his text. During combats, he reduced enemy's ability accuracy by 65%.
    The only thing wrong was his text. Nothing changed on him besides that

Can I ask how you can be certain that Hoods abilities have not been altered "nerfed". Or changed without notification in any update patch notes. What is your reference?
    If you compare the original spotlight to the current description of Hoods abilities, I can't find any patch notes that explain the differences. there was a time when Kabam made an effort to keep players informed of any character updates/changes before the updates went live.

Unannounced changes as to how champions perform can't be tolerated by the player base.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    It was a bug. 65% was the intended. Not 85%. It was fixed.
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    edited August 2017
    I saw Seatin's rank up the hood video and he had 48% ability accuracy on sp2. This number was green. Now it is 65% and white text. 2/5/17 look at 7 min mark

Can you please provide the update and patch notes that clarify this? Also they adjusted his crit dmg boost from 105% increase to 67% effective increase before CR. We know they reduced his siphon from 15% of his attack to basically nothing.

I assumed the increase def abil reduction to 85% was to neutralize the impact of the other changes.

Again if I Just missed the notes regarding these changes, I'd appreciate any help in locating them.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    ViperKingV wrote: »

Can you please provide the update and patch notes that clarify this? Also they adjusted his crit dmg boost from 105% increase to 67% effective increase before CR. We know they reduced his siphon from 15% of his attack to basically nothing.

I assumed the increase def abil reduction to 85% was to neutralize the impact of the other changes.

Again if I Just missed the notes regarding these changes, I'd appreciate any help in locating them.
    From August 1st changelog.

"Fixed text error in The Hood’s Special 2 description"
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

From August 1st changelog.

"Fixed text error in The Hood’s Special 2 description"

Beat me to it. v61qz72umh4y.png
    Yes I read Kabams note that the text in the description was corrected. My question for you was, Do you know the update number associated with the change? Because the responses here seem to indicate that some of you were aware that the rate was intended to be 65%.

Im asking, prior to August 1 changelog, is there another changelog or announcement that Hoods SP 2 was being changed? Or any of the other changes that have been made to him?

Someone was nice enough to provide a pre 14.0, post 12.0 screenshot of Hood's ability.

lj1k74kzg165.jpg
    edited August 2017
    Zonix42 wrote: »
    Someone was nice enough to provide a pre 14.0, post 12.0 screenshot of Hood's ability.

lj1k74kzg165.jpg

That was the text error. He causes 85% damage when hex expires, so when that damage was replaced for flat values, the text changed and that happened.
    Now is working as intended
    Thank you Zonix. So again, is there any known mod post stating that Hoods Def, abil reduction rate was being overstated in his player description by 20% and was merely a text error that would be corrected in the next update? Because Kabam has been making adjustments to Hood almost every update. So it's not a little mistake if it wasn't brought to our attention as soon as it was discovered.
    I've seen enough Kabam Shadiness to know that half of what they tell us is either misinformation or straight out lies.
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Thank you Zonix. So again, is there any known mod post stating that Hoods Def, abil reduction rate was being overstated in his player description by 20% and was merely a text error that would be corrected in the next update? Because Kabam has been making adjustments to Hood almost every update. So it's not a little mistake if it wasn't brought to our attention as soon as it was discovered.
    I've seen enough Kabam Shadiness to know that half of what they tell us is either misinformation or straight out lies.

Yes, you might try reading the update notes:
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/70020/#Comment_70020

Unless there is research and trials performed pre 14.1 to test if it really was 85% instead of 65% then we have to go back to it just being a text issue in the game files itself.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/70020/#Comment_70020

Unless there is research and trials performed pre 14.1 to test if it really was 85% instead of 65% then we have to go back to it just being a text issue in the game files itself.

Kabam changed Hood's Hex % three times during the past, and only mentioned a "typo" one time.

Kabam shouldn't be changing champions so much, it's a form of bait and switch, similar to the 12.0 scandal.

Why do players keep referring to the 14.1 Update when the description was changed in an earlier update? I am not willing to accept the possibility that Kabam employees edit character descriptions unless a change was made by the game team. The reason I treat this as a serious issue is that I now have 2 featured 5*s that were weakened after I made the decision to buy the crystals. I also had the pleasure of having my top 4 champs nerfed by 12.0. So Please understand that Kabam betrayed a lot of players trust and things like this "visual bug" bring a lot of bad feelings back
    Kabam is reluctant to update Archangel's Neurotoxin description, or fix the ability. Why work so hard to fix Hood's ability description?
  • Zonix42 wrote: »
    Kabam is reluctant to update Archangel's Neurotoxin description, or fix the ability. Why work so hard to fix Hood's ability description?

They didn't work that hard to though...if it was not fixed until the last update yet he has been out since 12.0 then that tells me that it was low priority and only recently corrected. Either way I have had him 5/50 since I got him near when he originally came out and there has been no noticeable change in his abilities. If anything I believe it has probably increased (which would validate the story of it being increased from 56% to 65%). It never processed anywhere close to 85% which makes me believe it was a typo.