**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

[ANDROID] Unit Store Broken After Update

KrDavidKrDavid Posts: 16
edited June 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Dear Kabam,

Please do not close this thread without a proper investigation on this issue. After the update today, The store no longer works for me and for many of my friends on our Android devices. This is a bug with the new update because the application isn't able to sync with the Google account that's logged into the device anymore after the new update. Kabam developers has to investigate this issue and make an update for ANDROID devices as soon as possible. I have attached the image below! Please kindly investigate and fix this problem as soon as possible.

The reason I have stated not to close this thread is because I am sure many Android users around the world is facing this issue, Please Investigate this issue and close this thread only after the issue has been resolved otherwise many will open new threads as this is a major bug in the new update.

Meanwhile I checked on my iPhone XS and Unit store is working perfectly fine. This seems to be an Issue for major Android Users.

Looking forward,
KrDavid

Comments

• Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Thanks for the info. We will look into this!
    If you press the "Sign in" button and go through the process of signing in to Google Play does it not work? What happens exactly?
  • KrDavidKrDavid Posts: 16
    edited June 2019

If you press the "Sign in" button and go through the process of signing in to Google Play does it not work? What happens exactly?

My MCOC account is not linked to Google Account, It's just linked to my Kabam ID as I signed up using Kabam back in 2014. Anyways when I tap that SIGN IN button in the Unit Store. It asks me to choose the Google Account to sign into the Google Play Games and then I choose my Google account and It asks Google for permissions to manage.etc and I agree to everything after that It simply logins to Google Play Games and pops up my Google Play account with level on top of screen (Meanwhile account is already logged into Google Play App) and after that that's it no difference. Again the SIGN IN button is there and It's like a loop hole, More like keeps on logging in and again logging in and again!

I never ever had this issue, This is first time and It's since the Application was auto updated from Google Play Store. My some friends are also facing this issue already (Android friends). I am able to purchase on other applications but not MCOC, So I contacted Google via Help and Feedback in Google Play Store and they said that the application isn't able to sync the Google account and to contact the Game Developers. Hence this is a bug because many are facing this issue.

I have already tried entirely deleting the application and reinstalling it fully but doesn't seem to help.

Best,
    KrDavid
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

For me, it works when signing in, but previous to this we were never forced to sign in to Google Play to access the Unit Store.
  • koening73koening73 Posts: 22
    edited June 2019
    Same problem here, when i click sign in and accept it logs me to Google account, which is not my main account, never had this problem until last update
  • designsodadesignsoda Posts: 118
    Same issue as OP. Same behavior.

What I see
  • MrBrightside13MrBrightside13 Posts: 5
    edited June 2019
    I am running into the same issue. Says to log into a Google Account, I log in, but nothing happens. Never had this issue until the 23.1.0 update.

• I am running into the same issue. Says to log into a Google Account, I log in, but nothing happens. Never had this issue until the 23.1.0 update.

When you say that "nothing happens", what do you mean exactly? Is there a pop-up, or are you returned directly to this screen, or the home screen? Or is there something else that happens?
  • MrBrightside13MrBrightside13 Posts: 5

I am running into the same issue. Says to log into a Google Account, I log in, but nothing happens. Never had this issue until the 23.1.0 update.

When you say that "nothing happens", what do you mean exactly? Is there a pop-up, or are you returned directly to this screen, or the home screen? Or is there something else that happens?
    After pressing the SIGN IN button and signing into my Google Play account it returns back to this same screen. I have restarted the game after this, and even my mobile device, but I still reveive this message when I attempt to access the unit store.

Can't speak for OP but what happens to me is that it asks me to log in to my Google Play account. But when I do it connects me to my Google Play game account which ia not linked to my Kabam account. It's a just started MCOC account that has basically nothing. My MCOC account since forever is logged in via the Kabam login. Not google.
    OP the fix is to do the following:
    1. Login using Google.
    2. Then go to login options and log in with your Kabam account.

Back in action.
  • KrDavidKrDavid Posts: 16
    edited June 2019

OP the fix is to do the following:
    1. Login using Google.
    2. Then go to login options and log in with your Kabam account.

Back in action.

It might be a workaround I think not sure, It wasn’t so before. Anyhow I tried logging in using Google account and It simply loads a brand new account and takes me through the tutorial of Iron Man IW versus Thanos, I really don’t want to go all through this tutorial again because Its kinda lengthy process and I am sure it is not funny thing to go through. I never had this issue before. So to save time apparently what I did to resolve this temporary was, I uninstalled the new version of MCOC and I downloaded the previous version of the MCOC and installed it. After that my unit store is back and working perfectly fine, I am not going to update to new version until Kabam fixes this issue within the new update that is causing failure to sync with the Google Account logged in unless some workaround like that above quoted is done. This has to be fixed. Because linking Kabam account to Google is not mandatory and If you are primary iOS user there is no reason to simply link account to Google ID just because you play on an android as Secondary device and If you own multiple kabam account with domain other than Gmail like Yahoo.etc then you will need to sign up for new Gmail and link those accounts to that new Google ID as well which is totally very much unnecessary. I figured that whoever is using Kabam linked account login I mean Login using Kabam feature (Never linked their account to Google) are facing this issue after the update. Has to be fixed asap! Also I am using the new version of MCOC in my iPhone XS and I happen to receive problem connecting to network error in middle of AQ and Quest. Everytime new update comes, something bug also comes. It’s just bug with the new version that the application is failing to sync with the Google Account that’s logged in, Instead It is forcing users to link their Kabam ID with the Google ID to use the Unit store. However, Fingers crossed I hope Kabam will quickly fix this and provide another update for Android users so I can update and enjoy new version on my Android Device. Thank you

Best,
    KrDavid
  • ArthurMestreMoitaArthurMestreMoita Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    I had the same problem here and don't know what to do. I can't even see the units store now, in place there's the button to sign in. I made recent shoppings on the last version, and I never had experienced this before. Please @Kabam Miike, fix this bug as soon as possible. You and us are missing a lot. Nick name: Mestre do Infinito.
  • The_Savage_AncientThe_Savage_Ancient Posts: 134
    After clicking on 'sign in' it takes me to my other account! Never had this problem before. This is happening after the update, and now I cant access the unit store due to this issue.
    You are right KrDavid my suggestion is a workaround. Not a fix. This should be fixed.
    Now the game logs me in to the Google MCOC account automatically. Everytime. I have to manually log in to the Kabam account. This is annoying and makes me want to use the game less. Didnt need to jump through this hoop before.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,729 ★★★★★

Now the game logs me in to the Google MCOC account automatically. Everytime. I have to manually log in to the Kabam account. This is annoying and makes me want to use the game less. Didnt need to jump through this hoop before.

Can you log-out from mcoc Google account?

Yes. But then I can't see the unit store.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,729 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

Till the problem is fixed, I suppose you just need to see it once a day? Take a screenshot.
    Basically this are the possibilities:
    1. Login Google -> Login Kabam -> Unit Store there with the account I want (Kabam)
    2. Login Google -> Unit Store there with account I DON'T want (Google)
    3. Login Kabam -> Unit Store not there

Option 1 is annoying. 2 and 3 are unacceptable.

Till the problem is fixed, I suppose you just need to see it once a day? Take a screenshot.
    Yeah we'll see.
  • The_Savage_AncientThe_Savage_Ancient Posts: 134
    If I stop the game and re open it, it again asks to get into the google account. I don't wanna sign in because my Google is linked with another Id! This is getting ridiculous.
  • MzenobiMzenobi Posts: 10
    Hi Mike! With the new update v23.1, when i want to buy Peter parker wallet or another one, now is necessary tonlogin to google olay games. Before v23.1 uodate i dont need tonlogin to google account to huy with my credit cards. I dont have the app foogle play game installed in my phone because me and my son use the same phone tonplay MCOC with sifferent kabam account. So could i buy without login to google play game in these new update ?
    Any update on this? I tried nuking my Google account and starting from scratch so my Kabam account becomes linked with my Google account and it still doesn't work. Tried reinstalling the app. I can't make my Kabam account be THE main account on my Google device no matter what I do.
    Thanks for all the additional information everyone. We are still looking into this issue.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Any ETA on fix
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Logging into Play Games logs me into another one of my accounts that I no longer play. I had that one linked to Play Games. So the account I play I cant buy units if I want to. Huge acrew up on your side as always. I'm honestly shocked this wasn't fixed in 10 minutes. It has to be costing you money
  • DonszechuanDonszechuan Posts: 3
    Adding my name to the list. I have a google account & a Kabam ID separately. When I had previously asked them to remove my old google account they were very confused and I didn't want them accidentally deleting my main Kabam account hah.

(sidenote: there really should be an easier way to change/update your email address)
  • DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    One more to add to the pile.
This discussion has been closed.