**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino breaking blocks

Comments

• Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★

Hey there everyone, we've looked into this and we have a fix incoming in a future update that will readjust Domino's medium attack so that Champions who have blocked the first part of the attack won't be able to drop their block or attempt other actions between the hits of her medium attack. This will prevent them from getting hit if other commands are input between the hits of her attack. Thanks to everyone for their patience while we looked into this.

This will be resolved in the 23.1 update coming June 3.
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 72
    This bug isn't mentioned in 23.1 release notes. Are we going to have to wait ANOTHER month to get this fix? @Kabam Zibiit
  • DeathShooter85DeathShooter85 Posts: 38
    So when I was in Ch:4 she was the only one I could not get past because of this Kabam needs to get her um.... right removed or take that move out
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,719 ★★★★★

So when I was in Ch:4 she was the only one I could not get past because of this Kabam needs to get her um.... right removed or take that move out

Or fix her which they are doing right now smh
  • Yeo786Yeo786 Posts: 10
    edited June 2019
    Just fought Domino in aw today and I tried to swipe back while i was blocking her double medium and my block dropped and she combo'd me to death.
    I just read through the Patch 23.1 Bug fix notes and it does not state that this issue is now resolved, however, It was stated by @Kabam Lyra in this thread here https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/135987/domino-breaking-blocks#latest that it will be resolved in the upcoming 23.1 update.
    I hate bugs that are not being fixed but what has ticked me off the most is a Kabam official blatantly lying to their consumer base
    Anybody that has to fight domino, do not swipe back during her double medium if you are blocking, you will get hit.
    Phone : Samsung S9 Exynos
    Champions used : Ghost and Stark Enhanced Spiderman
    Where did this issur occur : Alliance War
    What champion are you having an issue in a fight with : Domino
    Confirmed this bug is not fixed in Patch 23.1 @Kabam Lyra nor was it included in the 23.1 Patch Notes yet you explicitly stated in this thread that it will be?

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,977 ★★★★★
    Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

That's all fine and dandy, but this is still a bug... I have had times when I am 100% confident that I am blocking and she still gets through my block. I even went and dueled a few times to check that I wasn't going insane, she is bugged and there is no question about that.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

That's all fine and dandy, but this is still a bug... I have had times when I am 100% confident that I am blocking and she still gets through my block. I even went and dueled a few times to check that I wasn't going insane, she is bugged and there is no question about that.
    She does not. You are not holding block. The only bug is that it *allows you to drop block*. You can get around this by holding block.
    Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

She does not. You are not holding block. The only bug is that it *allows you to drop block*. You can get around this by holding block.
    Well I'm not going to waste time trying to prove something that I saw with my own eyes. Ultimately the only thing that matters is that she is bugged and she needs fixed.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

Well I'm not going to waste time trying to prove something that I saw with my own eyes. Ultimately the only thing that matters is that she is bugged and she needs fixed.
    Seeing with your own eyes in a game where is natural to release block after the first hit because of an assumed parry does not mean much, you need to be able to prove what you think you saw. A video with pressure points enabled for instance. So far no one claiming she is "breaking blocks" has been able to show that she is actually breaking block.
    Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

Seeing with your own eyes in a game where is natural to release block after the first hit because of an assumed parry does not mean much, you need to be able to prove what you think you saw. A video with pressure points enabled for instance. So far no one claiming she is "breaking blocks" has been able to show that she is actually breaking block.
    I agree it is natural to release block, but after it happened once I purposefully didn't let go thinking that was what probably happened but she still got through. I can't replicate everything that was happening at the time, but I won't be trying to block her again. Best to just punish her medium. Like I said previously, she is bugged and that's what matters. Even if she is somehow getting in if you start to lessen your hold on block or something it doesn't matter its still a bug.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

I agree it is natural to release block, but after it happened once I purposefully didn't let go thinking that was what probably happened but she still got through. I can't replicate everything that was happening at the time, but I won't be trying to block her again. Best to just punish her medium. Like I said previously, she is bugged and that's what matters. Even if she is somehow getting in if you start to lessen your hold on block or something it doesn't matter its still a bug.
    The bug is that when she hits into your block, you shouldn't be able to release block. She can't and never will be able to break blocks.
    Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

Yes, it is a bug you can get around, that is supposed to be fixed in the current version.

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

The bug is that when she hits into your block, you shouldn't be able to release block. She can't and never will be able to break blocks.
    She actually was able to at one point in time. But I did just update to the current version and the bug appears to be fixed.
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Lormif said:

Werewrym said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

She actually was able to at one point in time. But I did just update to the current version and the bug appears to be fixed.
    I'm not going to keep going back and forth with this. Do a forum search and you can find the bug fix from the original instance. Its also in this thread. The original bug had to do with the speed of the medium allowing players to drop or accidentally by muscle memory try to dex out. The fix shouldn't allow you to drop the block even if you release it mid hit.
  • Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    edited June 2019

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

I don't think its a matter of trying to dex or evade the second part of her hit. It's whenever you try and swipe back for the first part as she dashes in and it registers as a block, and then there is nothing you can do as her second part breaks the block. I'm pretty sure people aren't trying to evade or dex the second part of her hit
  • Finalflash8Finalflash8 Posts: 72
    Sentinel received the announced patch. Dominos dash hasn't changed at all after updating to v23.1. This has nothing to do with what phone/OS we are using. What happened? Really hoping we dont get another month wait for you guys to track down a problem that was supposedly fixed. @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra
  • JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 138
    Just experienced this bug in AW. Holding block to bait a heavy and she tore me up with a Med-Light combo.

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

I don't think its a matter of trying to dex or evade the second part of her hit. It's whenever you try and swipe back for the first part as she dashes in and it registers as a block, and then there is nothing you can do as her second part breaks the block. I'm pretty sure people aren't trying to evade or dex the second part of her hit
    you can hold the block if it registered as a block. If you release it then it is not breaking the block. Generally speaking this thread is about people trying to do something after the first hit and then game letting them attempt it.
  • Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    Lormif said:

Don't
    Try
    To
    Dash
    Back
    During
    Mediums

you can hold the block if it registered as a block. If you release it then it is not breaking the block. Generally speaking this thread is about people trying to do something after the first hit and then game letting them attempt it.
    It doesn't really matter what you do after the first part of her hit, thats at least what Kabam said they would fix. If it registers as a block, then it should stay as a block through the second part of her hit. Those aren't my words, but Kabam's if you look at the thread.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Oh look @Demonzfyre @Lormif , a "bug" fix for domino is incoming in 24.1

@Archit_Tandon498 I don't see anything about 24.1. I never said she wasnt bugged. I said ahe doesn't break blocks. I am not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2019

@Archit_Tandon498 I don't see anything about 24.1. I never said she wasnt bugged. I said ahe doesn't break blocks. I am not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.
    Main site. It’s the fix for exactly why you’re/we’re saying people experience this.

BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
    • DOMINO: Fixed an issue where the Stun State from Domino’s Medium 1 attack was too short, making it possible for opponents to attempt to back away in the middle of the attack, but getting hit instead.

Main site. It’s the fix for exactly why you’re/we’re saying people experience this.

BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS:
    • DOMINO: Fixed an issue where the Stun State from Domino’s Medium 1 attack was too short, making it possible for opponents to attempt to back away in the middle of the attack, but getting hit instead.
    @CoatHang3r thank you sir.
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★