**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Explore Stable and Unstable Atlantean Rifts for Great Rewards!

Comments

• ZandersanZandersan Posts: 6
    edited June 2019

Zandersan said:

Very excited for the solo events so credit where credit is due. The stable and unstable rewards look decent but gonna wait to see some mathwiz to determine which one is economically better lol

What about a paint god?
    Personally i rate 18000 t2a higher than a 5* featured, also, why is 5000 5* shards listed as awesome but a whole 5* as meh?
    Cause I am not a very smart person and didn't notice when doing this haha

Zandersan said:

Very excited for the solo events so credit where credit is due. The stable and unstable rewards look decent but gonna wait to see some mathwiz to determine which one is economically better lol

What about a paint god?
    Personally i rate 18000 t2a higher than a 5* featured, also, why is 5000 5* shards listed as awesome but a whole 5* as meh?
    Please don’t question the paint god
    Thank you sir
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    According to my math (assuming 10 of each)

Both will yield on average
    1 t2a
    2250 T5B
    2 Sig Stones

Difference comes down to

Stable:
    1500 6* shards
    15000 5* shards

Unstable
    1375 6* shards
    11500 5* shards
    .5 AG

Essentially comes down to giving up some shards for a shot at an AG.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    No matter what, it is still all RNG. How can stable rifts have "more predictable" rewards when it is still RNG based. Yes, the percentages are more even, but that even makes it harder to predict what you will get. Have a feeling those sig stones and low shard rewards are going to come up a lot.
  • TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike is the 5-star feature crystal the current one, I assume?

Yes, it will be the one that is currently available. It will not change over when the Crystal changes.
  • Denta89 said:

So the imperius Rex Event quest will have a epic difficult? Is this right @Kabam Miike

That was a typo! Fixing it now. It's meant to say Uncollected.
  • CUBCUB Posts: 146
    Zandersan said:

What about a paint god?
    wish I would have read up to page 3 before wasting my time in Excel...paint god!

• Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

@Kabam Miike is the 5-star feature crystal the current one, I assume?

Yes, it will be the one that is currently available. It will not change over when the Crystal changes.
    Damn was hoping for a shot at namor or cull obsidian
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    IKON said:

According to my math (assuming 10 of each)

Both will yield on average
    1 t2a
    2250 T5B
    2 Sig Stones

Difference comes down to

Stable:
    1500 6* shards
    15000 5* shards

Unstable
    1375 6* shards
    11500 5* shards
    .5 AG

Essentially comes down to giving up some shards for a shot at an AG.

That agrees with my calculations here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/861112/#Comment_861112

The alternate way I present the trade off: if you are interested in picking the statistically best value in the long run, the question is which would you value more: 7000 5* shards and 250 6* shards combined, or one AG. If you think the AG is worth more, the unstable crystal is more valuable. If you think the shards are worth more, the stable crystal is worth more.

That's averages. Here's a different, more complex question: which crystal generates better results more often? In other words, imagine you roll a six sided dice and you can choose one of two options: in the first option no matter what you roll you get ten dollars, and in the second option if you roll 1-5 you get a buck, and if you roll a 6 you get a hundred dollars. Statistically, the second option is better: you'll average $17.50 per roll compared to ten. However, 83% of the time the first option is better: its $10 beats the other option's one dollar five out of six times. So one option "wins" more often, and one option wins more stuff overall. Which crystal wins "more often?"

It would take too long to discuss the methodology in detail and justify it mathematically, but here's basically what I did: I grouped the rewards into four categories: 5* champion rewards, 6* champion rewards, T2/Sig stone rewards, and T5/AG rewards. There's a 40% chance to get 5* champion rewards in each crystal, 20% chance to get 6* champion rewards, 30% chance to get T2/Sig rewards, and 10% chance to get T5/AG rewards. Since these are now identical for both crystals they can be individually compared.

For 5* rewards there's a 75% chance for the unstable crystal to pull 500 shards which is worse than any stable 5* champion reward. So the stable crystal beats the unstable crystal here at least 75% of the time. Furthermore, in the one in eight chance that you pull 5000 shards from the unstable crystal, the stable one would still beat it if you pulled a 5* full crystal (in terms of value) which happens 25% of the time. So overall the stable crystal beats the unstable crystal 78.125% of the time.

For 6* rewards there's about a 67% chance for the unstable crystal to pull 250 shards which is worse than either of the stable crystals, so the stable crystal beats the unstable crystal 67% of the time.

For T2/Sig rewards the stable crystal generates T2 67% of the time and sig stones 33% of the time, the unstable is the reverse. If you value T2A more than a few 5* sig stones (and I think most but not all players would) then the stable crystal beats the unstable crystal 67% of the time.

Finally, there's the T5AG rewards. Assuming you value an AG as more than 2250 T5 fragments, then the unstable crystal beats the stable one 100% of the time in this category.

Overall, this means the stable crystal will beat the unstable crystal about 64.75% of the time. If you just care about getting better or worse rewards, but not how much better or worse, the stable crystal beats the unstable crystal about two times in three. If you care about the total average haul across lots and lots of openings, then the unstable crystal probably wins overall (assuming you agree with the value of an AG as stated above).
  • Bossdog55555Bossdog55555 Posts: 56
    @Kabam Miike is there a way we can obtain tier 4 atlantean coral besides event quests? Or do we only get 1 shot at the rift?
  • ochochochoch Posts: 13
    Will there be Atlantean Coral in objectives?
  • AsterFreya13AsterFreya13 Posts: 23
    Do you have any timeline when the Special Login Calendar be available to get the additional rifts? I want to set a timeframe where I can receive it. I have been planning for a vacation and I dont want to miss it. :'(@Kabam Miike
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★

Do you have any timeline when the Special Login Calendar be available to get the additional rifts? I want to set a timeframe where I can receive it. I have been planning for a vacation and I dont want to miss it. :'(@Kabam Miike

It started with todays reset
  • AsterFreya13AsterFreya13 Posts: 23
    Buttehrs said:

But why did I get this? is there something wrong?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Not sure have you restarted or cleared your cache
  • kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120

Buttehrs said:

you have to update your game before that (assuming that you are not updated still)
  • AryannaAryanna Posts: 76
    Is there a coles notes for this post?
  • Ehhe13Ehhe13 Posts: 2
    Today is the new X-Men movie coming out, than why you made now Fantastic Four Event Quest? You don't give a .... to X-Men?
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 124
    I thought you said rift shards were in the fantastic 4 event? I dont see them in the current one
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    Rift crystals look much better than I expected and EQ rewards update, as small as it is, is also much appreciated. Semi-good job
  • SoPro14SoPro14 Posts: 5
    edited June 2019
    @AsterFreya13 did not update the app before claiming the login rewards for today? maybe the reason why your Coral Calendar is not up yet and but that calendar will surely appear in the next day reset
  • HyogasaintHyogasaint Posts: 25
    MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Atlantean Rifts are coming to the Contest from June 5th to July 3rd!

Over the month, you can collect Atlantean Coral that you can use to open Stable and Unstable Atlantean Rifts by completing and exploring the Imperius Rex Event Quest on Normal to Uncollected Difficulty, achieving Rank and Milestone rewards in the Fantastic Four Champion Use Solo Event (don’t worry, there have been a lot of members of the Fantastic Four!), and in a special Login Calendar!

Four Tiers of Rifts

There are 4 Tiers of Atlantean Rifts, each with increasingly valuable rewards. A Tier 1 Atlantean Rift will include rewards such as Premium Hero Crystal Shards or Tier 2 Basic Catalyst Fragments, whereas a Tier 4 Atlantean Rift includes 6-Star Hero Crystal Shards or Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments.

You may remember that from a previous version of Rifts. But we’ve introduced something a little different this time. Each Tier of Rift has 2 different versions;

Stable Atlantean Rifts have closer percentages and more predictable rewards, while Unstable Atlantean Rifts are more risky, with a lower base reward but a greater potential prize.

Fantastic Four Champion Use Solo Events:

Each day, there will be a 24 hour “Fantastic Four Champion Use” Event. These events will give you points for using any of your Champions, but will choose a specific Champion that has taken on the mantle of a Fantastic Four member in the past, or is an important part of the Fantastic Four universe (like their villains).

Here’s the Point Breakdown:

And here’s the list of potential Champions that could be chosen at Random Daily:

Annihilus
    Ant-Man
    Black Panther
    Diablo
    Ghost Rider
    Human Torch
    Joe Fixit
    Luke Cage
    Medusa
    She-Hulk
    Spider-Man (Classic)
    Storm
    Thing
    Wolverine

If you were to use the Specific Champion of the day, it would take less than 30 Fights to reach the Top Milestone that day.

For those not familiar with Rifts:

After you spend your Atlantean Coral to open an Atlantean Rift, you’ll have to enter a Random Portal and be transported to a mystery path! There, you can collect your reward before defeating enemies on your way out! When you open an Atlantean Rift, you’ll only have 1 Hour to defeat the final boss and collect your rewards, so make sure you can complete your Rift when you enter! If you quit or run out of time, all of your hard-earned rewards will be lost to the abyss!

If you are having trouble completing higher Tier Rifts, Atlantean Crystals will be arriving in the Contest starting on June 19th, and running until July 10th. For the same cost of Atlantean Coral as entering an Atlantean Rift, you can choose to open an Atlantean Crystal to get guaranteed rewards.

The rewards in both the Unstable and Stable Rifts will always be greater than if you open these Crystals, so only open one if you don’t think you can complete that difficulty!

How Much Coral does it cost to Open a Rift?

Opening a Rift Costs 10,000x Atlantean Coral of that Tier. Completing a Rift in Tiers 1-3 will reward you with 5,000x Coral for the next Tier Up. So, completing a Tier 1 Rift will give you your reward, and 5,000x Tier 2 Atlantean Coral.

For those who have reached the level of Uncollected (by completing Act 5 Chapter 2 and Level 40+) or higher, 10,000x of the first three Tiers of Atlantean Coral can be directly exchanged for 5,000x Atlantean Coral of the next Tier through the Featured Tab in the Store. If you choose to do this direct exchange, keep in mind that you will ONLY receive the Atlantean Coral. This is intended for late-game players who want to save time and Energy at the expense of not receiving rewards for the lower Tier Rifts.

What are the rewards for each Atlantean Rift?

Here we go… the Good stuff!

Remember! These are only around June 5th until July 3rd! Don't miss out!

So..I got an inbox message with 10k Atlantean Coral 1 and I played Unstable rift tier 1. I got 750 phc shards...How is that possible? I mean, its better than the 500 phc crystals from the table, but I thought the 750 was in the stable rift. Paths were 500 phc, 750 phc and 1000 phc. Non of them had 2000phc shards. Whats goin on?
    So I decided to analyze all of the stable/unstable rift choices, similar to how I analyzed the tier 4 rift: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/861112/#Comment_861112

Just to summarize the math, assuming most people prefer champion shards (of any kind) to low level catalyst fragments, then for tier 1 and 2 the unstable rift generates better rewards on average (of course, standard caveat: no one individual is going to necessarily get the average). It comes down to 100.75 vs 84.5 T2B and 84.5 vs 71.5 T2C in favor of the stable crystal, but 362.5 vs 412.5 PHC in favor of the unstable rift tier 1. A similar story for tier 2: a little more cat frags (420 vs 280; 350 vs 245), but slightly more 3* shards (325 vs 350) for the unstable rift.

The interesting one is rift 3. Here, the stable rift completely wins, with a caveat. The stable rift as 2340 vs 2160 T4B frags, 1980 vs 1980 T4CC frags (a tie), and 250 vs 162.5 4* shards (and identical sig stone value). The difference is the unstable rift has a 4* awakening gem 7.5% of the time. If a 4* awakening gem has value to you, the unstable tier 3 rift might make sense. But if it doesn't, like say for many players above a certain progress level, then the stable rift generates more rewards on average *and* has less variability in rolls (less chance to get bad luck).

In other words, for players that can still use 5* awakening gems but don't value 4* awakening gems much, the best statistical strategy appears to be to go unstable tier 1, unstable tier 2, *stable* tier 3, and unstable tier 4. This strategy gives you fewer tier 2 and tier 3 catalyst fragments, more PHC, 3*, and 4* shards, and about the same amount of everything else but passes up on the 4* awakening gem.

Assuming I've done the math right; I was working all night.
    Addendum: I skipped over discussing the 3* awakening gem in the tier 2 rift, because I was tired and I think that's a less interesting choice. Anyone who wants to analyze that choice for players that need 3* awakening gems, have at.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Thanks @DNA3000.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★

MCOC Team said:

Summoners!

Atlantean Rifts are coming to the Contest from June 5th to July 3rd!

Over the month, you can collect Atlantean Coral that you can use to open Stable and Unstable Atlantean Rifts by completing and exploring the Imperius Rex Event Quest on Normal to Uncollected Difficulty, achieving Rank and Milestone rewards in the Fantastic Four Champion Use Solo Event (don’t worry, there have been a lot of members of the Fantastic Four!), and in a special Login Calendar!

Four Tiers of Rifts

There are 4 Tiers of Atlantean Rifts, each with increasingly valuable rewards. A Tier 1 Atlantean Rift will include rewards such as Premium Hero Crystal Shards or Tier 2 Basic Catalyst Fragments, whereas a Tier 4 Atlantean Rift includes 6-Star Hero Crystal Shards or Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments.

You may remember that from a previous version of Rifts. But we’ve introduced something a little different this time. Each Tier of Rift has 2 different versions;

Stable Atlantean Rifts have closer percentages and more predictable rewards, while Unstable Atlantean Rifts are more risky, with a lower base reward but a greater potential prize.

Fantastic Four Champion Use Solo Events:

Each day, there will be a 24 hour “Fantastic Four Champion Use” Event. These events will give you points for using any of your Champions, but will choose a specific Champion that has taken on the mantle of a Fantastic Four member in the past, or is an important part of the Fantastic Four universe (like their villains).

Here’s the Point Breakdown:

And here’s the list of potential Champions that could be chosen at Random Daily:

Annihilus
    Ant-Man
    Black Panther
    Diablo
    Ghost Rider
    Human Torch
    Joe Fixit
    Luke Cage
    Medusa
    She-Hulk
    Spider-Man (Classic)
    Storm
    Thing
    Wolverine

If you were to use the Specific Champion of the day, it would take less than 30 Fights to reach the Top Milestone that day.

For those not familiar with Rifts:

After you spend your Atlantean Coral to open an Atlantean Rift, you’ll have to enter a Random Portal and be transported to a mystery path! There, you can collect your reward before defeating enemies on your way out! When you open an Atlantean Rift, you’ll only have 1 Hour to defeat the final boss and collect your rewards, so make sure you can complete your Rift when you enter! If you quit or run out of time, all of your hard-earned rewards will be lost to the abyss!

If you are having trouble completing higher Tier Rifts, Atlantean Crystals will be arriving in the Contest starting on June 19th, and running until July 10th. For the same cost of Atlantean Coral as entering an Atlantean Rift, you can choose to open an Atlantean Crystal to get guaranteed rewards.

The rewards in both the Unstable and Stable Rifts will always be greater than if you open these Crystals, so only open one if you don’t think you can complete that difficulty!

How Much Coral does it cost to Open a Rift?

Opening a Rift Costs 10,000x Atlantean Coral of that Tier. Completing a Rift in Tiers 1-3 will reward you with 5,000x Coral for the next Tier Up. So, completing a Tier 1 Rift will give you your reward, and 5,000x Tier 2 Atlantean Coral.

For those who have reached the level of Uncollected (by completing Act 5 Chapter 2 and Level 40+) or higher, 10,000x of the first three Tiers of Atlantean Coral can be directly exchanged for 5,000x Atlantean Coral of the next Tier through the Featured Tab in the Store. If you choose to do this direct exchange, keep in mind that you will ONLY receive the Atlantean Coral. This is intended for late-game players who want to save time and Energy at the expense of not receiving rewards for the lower Tier Rifts.

What are the rewards for each Atlantean Rift?

Here we go… the Good stuff!

Remember! These are only around June 5th until July 3rd! Don't miss out!

So..I got an inbox message with 10k Atlantean Coral 1 and I played Unstable rift tier 1. I got 750 phc shards...How is that possible? I mean, its better than the 500 phc crystals from the table, but I thought the 750 was in the stable rift. Paths were 500 phc, 750 phc and 1000 phc. Non of them had 2000phc shards. Whats goin on?
    You ran stable