**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2015 Rank up Gems as rewards - one class only?

13»

Comments

• KrohideKrohide Posts: 5
    He’s in the 5* genesis dungeon crystal.
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Krohide said:

He’s in the 5* genesis dungeon crystal.

That's not daredevil (classic).
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

No response is going to make a difference when people are convinced RNG can't be trusted. Either people accept not getting what they want, or they don't.

I’m not complaining about the rng what happened here was extremely rare but in this case where he has 3 gems and there’s only 2 champs that could use it ( 1 isn’t a 5* yet ) they should be able to swap it
    What's the point of having a random system if people choose what they want?
    No what I’m saying is he should have the option to spin for one of the other 5 gems why should someone get less rewards than other people
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

Please do not comment if there is nothing of substance in your post, it is against forum rules. If you had bothered to read what I have said, you would not have had to post. Not even going to bother refuting what appears to be an obvious trolling post with multiple logical fallacies.

Wait, you are going to cite rules when you are in violation of said rules? You realize it is a violation of the forum rules to call out the mods right?
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

TwmR said:

Madcat said:

No, you have a 1 in 6 chance. You pull a Skill one time, your next chance is the same odds as the first. That's the problem with calculating probability concerning separate RNG occurrences. It doesn't account for the fact that each separate outcome is not swayed by the previous one. It doesn't remove that selection from the Drop Rates. It is literally 1 in 6 each outcome. Equal chance at any Class.

And what are the odds that all 6 are the same for a 1 in 6 chance? (1/6)^6 - period. Compound probability.

Start at Khan Academy if you need to learn how this math works:

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/precalculus/prob-comb/compound-probability-of-ind-events-using-mult-rule/v/independent-events-3
    The chance of all 6 being the same class is actually (1/6)^5 the first pull is irrelevant if you are talking about odds for the same event happening
    No. That is absolutely incorrect and misleading. Please reference either link I have provided to see where you are mistaken.
    No, you are mistaken.. If you look ar your own video, at 2:16 they show you the probability is (1/2)*(1/2)*(1/2), which is the same as (1/2)^3....
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    A remedy for this is to make 2015 rank ups generic I guess
    So you don't have to worry about pulling the same class over and over
    Besides it really makes no difference if its generic 2015 champs aren't really awesome anymore
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

Besides it really makes no difference if its generic 2015 champs aren't really awesome anymore

Best suggestion in this entire thread. I hope someone at Kabam is listening.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

No response is going to make a difference when people are convinced RNG can't be trusted. Either people accept not getting what they want, or they don't.

I’m not complaining about the rng what happened here was extremely rare but in this case where he has 3 gems and there’s only 2 champs that could use it ( 1 isn’t a 5* yet ) they should be able to swap it
    No what I’m saying is he should have the option to spin for one of the other 5 gems why should someone get less rewards than other people
    He's not getting less. It's the same amount as anyone else. The Class is random. My point is, if you're going to have a random system in the name of fairness, you can't negate the purpose of that by allowing respins. It defeats the purpose of having a random one to begin with.
    I do have a loose idea for Variant #3 that could allow one of each Class, perhaps having Gated Paths where you do the Class Path and earn that Class Gem. That way, everyone would get one of each. That could be an option.
    Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

He's not getting less. It's the same amount as anyone else. The Class is random. My point is, if you're going to have a random system in the name of fairness, you can't negate the purpose of that by allowing respins. It defeats the purpose of having a random one to begin with.
    I do have a loose idea for Variant #3 that could allow one of each Class, perhaps having Gated Paths where you do the Class Path and earn that Class Gem. That way, everyone would get one of each. That could be an option.
    I agree no respins in most cases but if you have more gems then can ever be used.. you deserve a resolution and a respin in those cases is justified.

Perhaps, but how do you introduce a system that allows respins for people who have more than can be used only?

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

I agree no respins in most cases but if you have more gems then can ever be used.. you deserve a resolution and a respin in those cases is justified.

Perhaps, but how do you introduce a system that allows respins for people who have more than can be used only?
    That’s what I was saying I wasn’t saying you couid respin no matter what
    Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Fair enough, it's just not an easy thing to implement. It would likely have to be the same as the T4CCs. The Crystal pools are on the server, and they don't analyze what you have, so you would have to introduce a trade-in system. Otherwise, it has no way of knowing what you have. I do agree that it makes sense to have something in place for people who pull more than can be used. I'm just not sure how to implement a solution specifically.

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Fair enough, it's just not an easy thing to implement. It would likely have to be the same as the T4CCs. The Crystal pools are on the server, and they don't analyze what you have, so you would have to introduce a trade-in system. Otherwise, it has no way of knowing what you have. I do agree that it makes sense to have something in place for people who pull more than can be used. I'm just not sure how to implement a solution specifically.
    I’d think it’d be more a contact support thing at least then they can see your legit on if you have every possible champ ranked up
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

I’d think it’d be more a contact support thing at least then they can see your legit on if you have every possible champ ranked up
    That might pile on for Support after a while.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Jh_Dez said:

Best suggestion in this entire thread. I hope someone at Kabam is listening.
    Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Drooped2 said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Sadly, tried that with zero response the first time, and the second time it was a canned response.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    What they should have done, for at least variant 1, was that each chapter should have two classes. For example, the first chapter was skill and mutant. You could only get one of two, not every class. I also got 3 skill gems and i still have to finish two chapters in variant 1. I am done with first chapter of variant 1 and 100% variant 2.