**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam, when are you going to act against the practice of piloting missions and events?

2»

Comments

• Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    edited June 2019

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Really don’t think that this is that big of a deal. Only people they are cheating by doing this is themselves, what fun is a game if you are just relying on someone else to do everything for you without learning how to do it yourself? Sort of pointless if you ask me.
    Piloting in AQ and AW is a problem because you are cheating others out of something

Content equal rewards rewards equal war defense.or attack or prestige

All.cheating is the same

And no, not all cheating is the same, that’s like saying all crime is the same. No interest in getting into a debate though lol
    I disagree all cheating is done to get an advantage you didnt earn and all should be a perm ban on first offense.

That's not saying all crime is the same at all
    Yeah let’s ban the 11 yr old kid who got his brother to complete act 4 for him so he could pull his next 4* 🙄 you been at the top too long dude. Story content is story content, the rewards are available to everybody, if someone wants to cheat themselves out of the gratification of personal achievement by taking the easy option then so be it. Can’t see it being addressed anytime soon
    The problem with that mentality is that rules cease to be rules when you make light of when it's acceptable to break them or not. Cheating cheats everyone out of a fair game where everyone else earns their own Rewards and progresses to the best of their own abilities.
    Yeah where we disagree is I don’t think getting someone else to clear permanent content for you is cheating anyone bar yourself. In most cases if you don’t have the drive to clear this stuff by earning your way there you’re not going to be around playing that along anyway. Certainly not long term and certainly not long enough to impact on anyone else’s experiance. Only place I see this as a problem is legends runs. Hesitant to keep replying as I know how much you live a conversation
    It's cheating more than yourself. It's cheating the game that explicitly says only you are to use your Account. It's cheating the rest of us who have cleared it ourselves and respected the rules. It's cheating a system that is based on growth through honest progress to the best of our abilities.
    Yeah it’s game bud. Love the righteousnous pf the reply but think you might be taking it a little to serious, opinion though. In this case, which is why I believe there are varying degrees of what you would term cheating, I don’t think it’s a big enough problem to have it addressed.
    I wonder if that mentality would hold up in Court. "It's just a Bank, bud. You take it too seriously.". There are rules in place, and they need to be adhered to.
    Yeah again, taking it a little too serious. Sort of illustrates your mindset, you just compared robbing a bank to someone clearing 5.4 for you lol
  • Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Really don’t think that this is that big of a deal. Only people they are cheating by doing this is themselves, what fun is a game if you are just relying on someone else to do everything for you without learning how to do it yourself? Sort of pointless if you ask me.
    Piloting in AQ and AW is a problem because you are cheating others out of something

All.cheating is the same

And no, not all cheating is the same, that’s like saying all crime is the same. No interest in getting into a debate though lol
    I disagree all cheating is done to get an advantage you didnt earn and all should be a perm ban on first offense.

That’s literally the same as saying death penalty for the first time u get caught by the cops doing anything
    Drugs speeding
    Murder
    And U think it’s all the same
    That would be one messed up world
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

Yeah let’s ban the 11 yr old kid who got his brother to complete act 4 for him so he could pull his next 4* 🙄 you been at the top too long dude. Story content is story content, the rewards are available to everybody, if someone wants to cheat themselves out of the gratification of personal achievement by taking the easy option then so be it. Can’t see it being addressed anytime soon
    The problem with that mentality is that rules cease to be rules when you make light of when it's acceptable to break them or not. Cheating cheats everyone out of a fair game where everyone else earns their own Rewards and progresses to the best of their own abilities.
    Yeah where we disagree is I don’t think getting someone else to clear permanent content for you is cheating anyone bar yourself. In most cases if you don’t have the drive to clear this stuff by earning your way there you’re not going to be around playing that along anyway. Certainly not long term and certainly not long enough to impact on anyone else’s experiance. Only place I see this as a problem is legends runs. Hesitant to keep replying as I know how much you live a conversation
    It's cheating more than yourself. It's cheating the game that explicitly says only you are to use your Account. It's cheating the rest of us who have cleared it ourselves and respected the rules. It's cheating a system that is based on growth through honest progress to the best of our abilities.
    Yeah it’s game bud. Love the righteousnous pf the reply but think you might be taking it a little to serious, opinion though. In this case, which is why I believe there are varying degrees of what you would term cheating, I don’t think it’s a big enough problem to have it addressed.
    I wonder if that mentality would hold up in Court. "It's just a Bank, bud. You take it too seriously.". There are rules in place, and they need to be adhered to.
    Yeah again, taking it a little too serious. Sort of illustrates your mindset
    I could say the same for the actions of the people who think it's acceptable.
    Is it robbing a Bank? No. Is it breaking rules? Yes. Both are situations where there are rules, and regardless of whether you think they are lesser or greater, they are as explicit as can be in the TOS. In playing, you agree to abide by all those rules. You don't have to like them or think they're serious. You just have to respect them. If not, you don't get the luxury of saying it's not that serious. Not that I'm implying you are. Just speaking to you in the general sense.

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

Yeah again, taking it a little too serious. Sort of illustrates your mindset
    I could say the same for the actions of the people who think it's acceptable.
    Is it robbing a Bank? No. Is it breaking rules? Yes. Both are situations where there are rules, and regardless of whether you think they are lesser or greater, they are as explicit as can be in the TOS. In playing, you agree to abide by all those rules. You don't have to like them or think they're serious. You just have to respect them. If not, you don't get the luxury of saying it's not that serious. Not that I'm implying you are. Just speaking to you in the general sense.
    It’s a game GW, played by people of varying ages where the only competitive side is already heavily monitored and the consequences are justified. Is it cheating going by the terms of service? Yes. Is it a problem that impacts enough people that it should be harshly punished and hastily acted on? No. Have a feeling Kabam would view it in the same vein.
    You can debate opinions all you want but this is mine. Unless it directly stars effecting other users and starts impacting their own experiance like it would with a legends run then I can’t see it being high on the priority list.
    It does affect other Users. That's what you seem to be missing. All of it is a game. That doesn't make it any less wrong when people break the rules.
    What they choose to do for punishment is entirely up to them, but we're debating whether or not it's equally as wrong to Pilot for Story or other permanent content, and I absolutely believe it is. There is no such thing as a less wrong way of doing the wrong thing.
  • mdsubmdsub Posts: 180
    Fixing the lag should be the number 1 priority.

There is no lesser, more acceptable way to cheat. Spade is a spade. Cheating is cheating.

While I do agree with this statement, I do think there are different degrees of offenses in MCOC, just like in the real world. I don’t think having someone move in AQ for you would be as bad as say, arena botting for weeks. Just like how going 10MPH over the speed limit isn’t as bad as say, Driving Under the Influence (aka drinking & driving). Both are bad & illegal, but some are on different levels from the rest.
    Disagree on that. If you're not available to play, you shouldn't be moving in AQ.

It does affect other Users. That's what you seem to be missing. All of it is a game. That doesn't make it any less wrong when people break the rules.
    What they choose to do for punishment is entirely up to them, but we're debating whether or not it's equally as wrong to Pilot for Story or other permanent content, and I absolutely believe it is. There is no such thing as a less wrong way of doing the wrong thing.

Do you think when Kabam put together the terms of service this was the scenario they had in mind? Or this was situationally what they were trying to prevent? You can say it breaches the terms of service and technically you are right but these rules are written to prevent other things like people profiting from clearing content (Merc’s) or people preventing problems like stolen and hacked accounts or competitive games modes like AW, AQ, arena and legends runs where you directly hinder someone else’s playing experience. Story content is inconsequential and has minimal to no impact on another users experiance, therefore the likelyhood of it being addressed is fairly low. I don’t think I’m missing anything, this is my opinion.

• Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171
    edited June 2019

There is no lesser, more acceptable way to cheat. Spade is a spade. Cheating is cheating.

While I do agree with this statement, I do think there are different degrees of offenses in MCOC, just like in the real world. I don’t think having someone move in AQ for you would be as bad as say, arena botting for weeks. Just like how going 10MPH over the speed limit isn’t as bad as say, Driving Under the Influence (aka drinking & driving). Both are bad & illegal, but some are on different levels from the rest.
    Disagree on that. If you're not available to play, you shouldn't be moving in AQ.
    Who’s to say this physical world is real
    We could all be in the matrix
    Could be perfectly legal🤔
    Ghosty64 said:

Who’s to say this physical world is real
    We could all be in the matrix
    Could be perfectly legal🤔
    When Neo comes, I'll believe it. Lol.

Do you think when Kabam put together the terms of service this was the scenario they had in mind? Or this was situationally what they were trying to prevent? You can say it breaches the terms of service and technically you are right but these rules are written to prevent other things like people profiting from clearing content (Merc’s) or people preventing problems like stolen and hacked accounts or competitive games modes like AW, AQ, arena and legends runs where you directly hinder someone else’s playing experience. Story content is inconsequential and has minimal to no impact on another users experiance, therefore the likelyhood of it being addressed is fairly low. I don’t think I’m missing anything, this is my opinion.

Kabam created the Terms of Service to very clearly and in no uncertain terms outline what it is we agree to when using their product. What they did or did not want to prevent in creating that is not as important to us as what we need to abide by. Any violation can be grounds for banning, or other forms of punishment. Any. That's also clearly stated.
    When I go to someone's house and they have a rule about taking your shoes off when you enter, I don't have to agree with it or know whether they have a cultural reason, or just want to keep the floor clean. All I need to do is take my shoes off. If I don't, and they tell me to leave, the responsibility is my own.
    This is their house. Their rules.
  • TotalMonster109TotalMonster109 Posts: 57
    just finished act 4 for a friend😂
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Any player in a competitive alliance knows who exactly got many of the top 20 times in act 6.1 (hint: skilled player in a whale alliance). Players that follow the rules will be affected yet again when 6.2 is released this month. If one player has access to top rosters and clears same content multiple times (on different accounts), he obviously has a big advantage over others that attempt a single legend run. Kabam is losing real revenue here because some of these guys that hire mercs will need quite a few odins to clear end game content. Experienced mercs will use minimal amount of items.

Really hope this will be addressed as OP mentioned. There should be no difference between Act 6/Variant level content and wars/arena.

@Kabam Miike FYI
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Ghosty64 said:

I'm actually with Drooped on this one. Cheating is cheating. Regardless of whether you're doing it in competitive game modes or not. To me, there is no lesser of evils. However, where we differ is our thoughts on punishment. He is more liberal with the Ban Hammer, where I believe you need to take things into account like effect, circumstances, repeat behavior, etc. Fortunately, we don't have to worry about that since it's up to their discretion. I do agree that cheating is cheating and it's equally as wrong. I just wouldn't necessarily go through clicking Delete. Lol.

So me squashing an ant is the same as me going on a rampage with an AK?
    2 8 yr old sharing an iPad therefore they share an acc is the same as someone jailbreakibg their iPad and getting unlimited gold and units
    You don’t see one of those as being a lesser wrong
    Dam
    That’s kinda messed up
    Squashing an ant isn't a crime. We are talking about different game modes and different kinds of piloting, 8 year olds are kind of irrelevant to the topic. You might want to consider something other then analogies to make your point...
    Ghosty64 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

All.cheating is the same

That’s literally the same as saying death penalty for the first time u get caught by the cops doing anything
    Drugs speeding
    Murder
    And U think it’s all the same
    That would be one messed up world
    No, it isn't. Saying that all cheating in a game should result in a ban is in no way, shape, or form the same as saying all infractions of the law should result in the death penalty. Personally I am good with different punishments for different kinds of cheating, but you don't seem to get this analogy thing.

I do agree that piloting in story outside of legend runs has less direct impact on other players. Although presumably you are then better able to compete in those other modes with a team you didn't earn.

I do agree that piloting in story outside of legend runs has less direct impact on other players. Although presumably you are then better able to compete in those other modes with a team you didn't earn.
    Still got RNG to contend with but yeah it will help a little I guess. In terms of the problems facing this game in what kabam has defined in the terms of service as a breach though I’d put this right near the bottem. Personally I could care less if someone has to get aided in clearing story content, story content is a solo player mode which is meant to be challenging and engaging for the user.

If people want to cheat themselves out of that challenge then that’s up to them but like I said the impact it has on anyone else is fairly minimal and that’s how we as a society generally decide what’s important and what’s not when tackling issues whether it be in society or in a game.

I never said it was ok, I said it was not as offensive as say, arena botting. Read my post next time 🙄.
    Arena Botting should be an automatic ban, but someone moving in AQ for you is something that should start with a warning. Again, neither are good things & should be punished, but there are different degrees of offenses.
    I read your post and I disagree. Punishment is up to them, but cheating is cheating. Period. Account Sharing is against TOS. There's no reason at all why it should be considered less offensive to move someone in AQ than it is to cheat in the Arena. There's a natural occurrence that is supposed to take place when someone is unavailable. That means the Ally will either have to work around it, or accept the outcome of being down one. It's this ridiculous obsession with Rewards no matter what that drives people to break the rules. Can't miss a move in AQ, gotta get someone to move you, the Ally comes first, etc. It's cheating because more than one person is not meant to run an Account. You have multiple people running double-time for Rewards when they should be accepting that someone isn't around and taking what they can muster. It's not less offensive at all, and it's that same justification that's had people absolutely flabbergasted when they realized it is in fact, against the rules. I've been here through the years and I know how long people have made that excuse, they don't punish people for it, it's lesser, right down to Allies making it mandatory to exchange Logins. It's misinformation, and it's risking Accounts just to get ahead. It is not lesser than anything, and cheating is cheating. People need to deal with it when someone is busy, not break the rules. Everyone else is playing by them. Period.
    The moment you start making justifications and exceptions for rules, they cease to be rules. It's either agaisnt the rules or it's not. Which it is. You can't say Account Sharing is wrong in one area and less heinous in another.
    Sorry if I'm a little strong in my views. Lol. I'm just stern when it comes to cheating, and there's a double-standard. People would have a fit if it was War but let it slide for AQ. Both are competitive game modes. Both are cheating.
  • Hey guys, we're always looking into any possible exploits, and we really appreciate it when players report anything suspicious that they notice in The Contest.

Let me assure you, we take every report extremely seriously, and we investigate each and every one of them. Our Terms of Service exists to help keep The Contest a fair place for everyone and if we determine that an individual player or Alliance has violated them to gain an advantage over others, we will take any actions we deem necessary to punish their behavior. However, due to our Privacy Policy, we are unable to divulge any information related to investigations that we have previously or are currently conducting.

If you ever suspect someone of cheating, please take the time to report this to our Support Team. You can submit a Support ticket by clicking HERE. Alternatively, from the game's Home screen, click on the gear shaped icon, located in the top left corner. From there, tap the button that says “Support”, and then tap on the option for “Need more help? Contact us”.

You should try to provide as much of the following information as possible in your email:

- Date and time that this occurred
    - Name of the suspected player or Alliance
    - A detailed description of any strange behavior during the battles and of the Champions used
    - Any relevant screenshots or videos

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
This discussion has been closed.