**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No Max Signature Crystal for taking a 5*'s Signature ability to 200??

Kabam

How is it that once a player maxes out a 5*, meaning they reach 200 for the signature ability, if they duplicate the 5*, they get 24 pieces of ISO and gold?

How is that fair? That's 10,000-15,000 5* shards and for some of us it takes months just to get 10,000.

Is there a fix for this? Anything that's being worked on?

This isn't a big issue right now for most players cause most players haven't reached that point yet, but if one does, then what? They are penalized for trying to advance in the game?

Help me understand this?

I have a 5* who's almost there and I dont even want to open my crystals because of this...

Thx in advance

Comments

• Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    This has been brought up before, googleplexian specifically comes to mind, but most of the community isn't in the position yet to care about it. They will get it soon enough, though their shortsightedness will hurt many in the meantime.

It's awful that there aren't 5* shards, t2a shards etc for these situations. It's happening to lots of us and we haven't even unlocked rank 5 yet.

This needs fixed like yesterday @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Spice @Kabam Iko @Kabam Valkyrie
  • Nabz034Nabz034 Posts: 209 ★★
    Thx Spartacus, kabam, is there anything being worked on?

Gold and ISO in exchange for 10-15k of 5* shards is kind of ridiculous. And if spinning crystals is truly all luck, then this is really going to hurt players a lot.

I would stop playing if this happened to me personally.
  • 5* max sig crystal should be the same as the 4* one, but replace the 4* shards with 5* shards in a larger quantity, and also with a chance at 1800 or 3600 t2a fragments, and possibly a higher chance at 5* WIF.
    I think the simple solution is to provide a 5 star crystal and no gold or iso in the event of this happening. Basically get a do over.

I was thinking the same thing.
    mutamatt wrote: »
    5* max sig crystal should be the same as the 4* one, but replace the 4* shards with 5* shards in a larger quantity, and also with a chance at 1800 or 3600 t2a fragments, and possibly a higher chance at 5* WIF.

If no 5* Shards then at least 9000 T2A Shards so that maxing the signature ability is something we strive towards, not something we are afraid of reaching....

I don't think this was intentional on Kabams end, I just don't think they thought most of us would progress this quickly.

I'm hoping someone from the game team responds.

It's awesome what they are doing with the uncollected stuff, but addressing this should have come first.

• SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    I see this a major oversight, likey Kabam didn't intend on anyone getting that far along in the content so there is a major void in terms of selling 5* champs for adequate value and getting next tier rewards for maxing out your champs
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Skylord wrote: »
    I see this a major oversight, likey Kabam didn't intend on anyone getting that far along in the content so there is a major void in terms of selling 5* champs for adequate value and getting next tier rewards for maxing out your champs

I wouldn't necessarily call it a major oversight. Considering the number of people with Max Sig 5*'s who are rolling repeats. A good number of Players are still waiting to Dup one. There's simply no more to offer in terms of the Max Sig Crystals. There are no 6* Shards or 6* IIF. There are other Rewards, and it may be an idea to offer something, but I don't see it as a major issue.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a major oversight. Considering the number of people with Max Sig 5*'s who are rolling repeats. A good number of Players are still waiting to Dup one. There's simply no more to offer in terms of the Max Sig Crystals. There are no 6* Shards or 6* IIF. There are other Rewards, and it may be an idea to offer something, but I don't see it as a major issue.

How about a 5* UC, or T2A Shards, or even a 5* Awakening gem?

Don't you think the player should be rewarded for reaching that point?
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    Nabz034 wrote: »
    Kabam

How is it that once a player maxes out a 5*, meaning they reach 200 for the signature ability, if they duplicate the 5*, they get 24 pieces of ISO and gold?

How is that fair? That's 10,000-15,000 5* shards and for some of us it takes months just to get 10,000.

Is there a fix for this? Anything that's being worked on?

This isn't a big issue right now for most players cause most players haven't reached that point yet, but if one does, then what? They are penalized for trying to advance in the game?

Help me understand this?

I have a 5* who's almost there and I dont even want to open my crystals because of this...

Thx in advance

Yes this needs to be addressed soon, unless they make it where that champ is removed from your 5* pool. That would be a better solution to more shards.
  • Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    Why not a crystal with 5* immortal if, 10k 5* shards or a class specific 5* awakening gem?

This may be the smartest solution, but that's if they can do it.

Yes this needs to be addressed soon, unless they make it where that champ is removed from your 5* pool. That would be a better solution to more shards.[/quote]

Draco2199, This may be the smartest solution, but that's if they can do it.
  • In the past, kabam used to award 5x 4* signature stones once you dupe 4* to max level. This was done before the shards systems.

Maybe a solution could combine some 5* shards and signature stones of the same class as rewards in duping 5* to level 200.

The UC is exclusive to Loyalty. The other two may be possibilities, but as I said the number of people with Sig 200 5*'s floating around is small. For that matter, at that stage, there's not much of a shortage of Rewards. In the same way that we can't sell T2A's and T4CC because there are no higher returns in the current meta, the same applies to a Max Sig 5*. Not at the moment anyway.
    edited August 2017

Oh lawd. Just because this issue only affects a "minority" of players then it is not a big issue? Since when do we discriminate against beginners, veterans, and super-veterans? It doesn't matter what stage you are at in the game, a 5-star hero crystal is hard to come by. It is a major oversight that the most dedicated players with sig 200 5* champions get absolutely nothing from a dupe. There needs to be something there when you dupe that 5*. As someone suggested above, a 5* max sig crystal that has 550 5* shards and a chance at 5* IIF would be a start, and perhaps this can be updated at a later date with Uncollected to introduce new rewards, if they those new rewards are not appropriate at this time. Either way, this is a big flaw in the system.

That's not discrimination. When something is labeled a major problem, that would mean it affects a great number. It does not. Some suggestions are good, and could be applied to a potential 5* Max Sig. 5* IIF is in the 4* Max Sig, so that wouldn't apply. Awakening Gems are an idea for the rarest pull, but unlikely given the value. The point I'm making is there aren't many people with a Max Sig 5*. Even less now that the pool is growing. Could they add one? Sure. Is it a major problem? No. When someone Maxes out the highest Star Level in the game, there's not much room to go from there. If people have enough Rewards to Max a 5*, I wouldn't call it a huge imbalance, given the fact that they go through enough Rewards to do so, considering the majority has yet to Dup one.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Oh lawd. Just because this issue only affects a "minority" of players then it is not a big issue? Since when do we discriminate against beginners, veterans, and super-veterans? It doesn't matter what stage you are at in the game, a 5-star hero crystal is hard to come by. It is a major oversight that the most dedicated players with sig 200 5* champions get absolutely nothing from a dupe. There needs to be something there when you dupe that 5*. As someone suggested above, a 5* max sig crystal that has 550 5* shards and a chance at 5* IIF would be a start, and perhaps this can be updated at a later date with Uncollected to introduce new rewards, if they those new rewards are not appropriate at this time. Either way, this is a big flaw in the system.

That's not discrimination. When something is labeled a major problem, that would mean it affects a great number. It does not. Some suggestions are good, and could be applied to a potential 5* Max Sig. 5* IIF is in the 4* Max Sig, so that wouldn't apply. Awakening Gems are an idea for the rarest pull, but unlikely given the value. The point I'm making is there aren't many people with a Max Sig 5*. Even less now that the pool is growing. Could they add one? Sure. Is it a major problem? No. When someone Maxes out the highest Star Level in the game, there's not much room to go from there. If people have enough Rewards to Max a 5*, I wouldn't call it a huge imbalance, given the fact that they go through enough Rewards to do so, considering the majority has yet to Dup one.

O yeah I guess when there was that issue where people from a certain region couldn't log in at all, that was a minor issue as well because they were such a small percentage compared to the whole playerbase lmao

O yeah I guess when there was that issue where people from a certain region couldn't log in at all, that was a minor issue as well because they were such a small percentage compared to the whole playerbase lmao

You're comparing an inability to log in and play the game with the lack of a Max Sig Crystal for the highest Star Level of Champ available? Interesting comparison.
    Does the game team even read these threads?

@GroundedWisdom

Ok, not a huge problem??

Put yourself in these shoes...you pull a 5* Captian Marvel multiple times, then after that, use gems, to get she's now at level 200...

You save 45,000 5* Shards to go for that Green Goblin you've been eyeing, open the crystals and guess what, you get 3-Captain Marvels....

You're telling me you're fine with just having wasted 45,000 5* Shards getting gold and ISO?

Or would you rather have T2A Shards, or a chance at a 5* Punisher, your crystals back, or anything but measly gold and ISO?

Before you say it's not a major problem, try looking at it from more than one point of view...cause there's going to come a point in time where this is gonna happen to you and you're going to call it more than a major problem.

First off, the chances of pulling 3 CM consecutively are very slim. Secondly, I said it could be looked at. It's just not a major problem. The fact is, there is nothing more to offer at this time. I'm not opposed to them creating one. I'm putting it into perspective. It's not an issue that many people will be running into often.

@GroundedWisdom

Ok, not a huge problem??

Put yourself in these shoes...you pull a 5* Captian Marvel multiple times, then after that, use gems, to get she's now at level 200...

You save 45,000 5* Shards to go for that Green Goblin you've been eyeing, open the crystals and guess what, you get 3-Captain Marvels....

You're telling me you're fine with just having wasted 45,000 5* Shards getting gold and ISO?

Or would you rather have T2A Shards, or a chance at a 5* Punisher, your crystals back, or anything but measly gold and ISO?

Before you say it's not a major problem, try looking at it from more than one point of view...cause there's going to come a point in time where this is gonna happen to you and you're going to call it more than a major problem.

First off, the chances of pulling 3 CM consecutively are very slim. Secondly, I said it could be looked at. It's just not a major problem. The fact is, there is nothing more to offer at this time. I'm not opposed to them creating one. I'm putting it into perspective. It's not an issue that many people will be running into often.

First off Grounded Wisdom, I respect your opinion, and second, thx for participating in this discussion.

In regards to the scenario of getting Captain Marvel three times, It just happened to me with Winter Soldier last month but 2 times...so trust me, it happens, and it will happen to all of us at one point or another.

@GroundedWisdom

Ok, not a huge problem??

First off Grounded Wisdom, I respect your opinion, and second, thx for participating in this discussion.

In regards to the scenario of getting Captain Marvel three times, It just happened to me with Winter Soldier last month but 2 times...so trust me, it happens, and it will happen to all of us at one point or another.

I love how my comment was Flagged as Abuse. Lol. Some people don't know how to disagree without being civil. It would offend me if I cared. Not that I think you did it. You seem to be respectful. :)
    I can see that it's frustrating. I didn't mean it's impossible. Just rare. As I said they could add one. My question is, do you still get Shards and ISO for Max Sig 5*'s?

@GroundedWisdom

Ok, not a huge problem??

I love how my comment was Flagged as Abuse. Lol. Some people don't know how to disagree without being civil. It would offend me if I cared. Not that I think you did it. You seem to be respectful. :)
    I can see that it's frustrating. I didn't mean it's impossible. Just rare. As I said they could add one. My question is, do you still get Shards and ISO for Max Sig 5*'s?

I didn't flag you, I'd never do that even if you were being vulgar which u weren't....

For max 5*, if it's maxed and 200 and you dupe him you get 24 ISO and 1500 gold I think. No shards at all. Crazy, right? That's the point of this discussion.
    Why does the discussion say closed by @Kabam Wolf
    And how come Nobody from Kabam is bothering to respond?
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    It's like someone didn't read the first line of the OP but jumped into the convo and typed paragraphs without knowing the reason for and scope of the discussion.

Anyways, the argumentation reads poorly because if it is taking months to get the 10,000 shards you are not going to be max sigging your 5*s. Asking if there is a fix suggests it is a bug, it's not. It is not penalizing. Finally if you are max sigging champions you don't need a leg up you have max sig champions. Max siggers are the 1%, people are not going to be overly concerned with what happens with thier excess and by the time a larger population gets there Kabam will have already put something in place for the event.

*Wolf prolly moved your thread out of bugs n problems. And the forums are not for direct communication with Kabam that's what support is for.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    edited August 2017
    Ugh it will be a pain for those people who already got their 5* over 200 a lot of times. Kabam would need to play it smart if they will introduce something new after getting more dupes of those maxed 5*s and an unimaginable amount of butthurts from player base who just happened to be the unlucky ones