**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Map 5 Hype Mini Boss Options

KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
So, who is everyone finding to be the best bet against the Hyperion mini bosses on Map 5? Cap IW seems like a good option. What do you all think are some great options?

Comments

• TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Luke stack a few exhausts and the spite and his piwer gain turn to power drains.

Used to use it on war node spite blewd immune all the time

And if he's awakened he can tank l3's if you're unable to bait out his specials. Iceman can do the same as well. Dorm is another option as he can power drain without needing specials
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Damn I almost brought LC to AQ today but when I saw that science champs have a handicap in attack I opted out, skill champs have an attack boost
  • Frankie_jFrankie_j Posts: 3
    Iceman doesn't start out with ice shield. I didnt get it at all during the fight and got murdered
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Void. Have to bait specials like crazy until you get a petrify debuff but after that it's easy
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    My favorite for killing hype is symbiote supreme, I'm not sure what nodes map 5 has for him though that may that cause him not to be the best. Either him or magik
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Node shares power lock with defender for 10 secs. Does not work. SS might be good, but slow.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Madcat said:

Node shares power lock with defender for 10 secs. Does not work. SS might be good, but slow.

SS usually doesn't gain power at first anyways and he will stop most of the power gains from hype, all you need to do is get to a special 3 and the fight is down hill from there
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Used gwenpool first go... usually power control options weren’t gonna work with the power lock issue. Used gwenpool.. ate a couple sp3’s he went down though. Don’t have a ghost above 4*.... ghost with hood synergy would be good though for those who do. Def disliking the power lock to start and the heal block also as I run suicides and it negates the willpower healing. 😫
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    edited June 2019
    Used hood on first and Hood LC on second.. personally think he's a bit much.. timed out on first day of AQ with a six star hood on first one and again on second from 3/4 health with 4/55 LC.. thats a bit much.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I don’t run map 5, but best options would be magik lc and any other power lock champ, void would also work well if you could get a petrify or 2 up esrly
  • Swimmer15Swimmer15 Posts: 118
    Drooped2 said:

Swimmer15 said:

Used hood on first and Hood LC on second.. personally think he's a bit much.. timed out on first day of AQ with a six star hood on first one.. bit much

Think I had around 30 seconds left with luke.

But I'm running champion synergy for added exhaust at start too (more exhaust if you dont dash back)
    Whats your luke at? I didn't try him on the first one. How you like champion, i pulled recent but haven't ranked, working to get SS up to 4/55
  • TechonefortyTechoneforty Posts: 79
    I’ve been using Symbiote Supreme and he just wrecks Hyperion. Yes there’s power lock for 20 seconds but once that’s up, he jumps to sp3 from all the nullify. Just bait out his specials and you’re good.
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Hawkeye did well on 1st hype. Was going to try iceman, but his ice armor would trigger spite so not sure that is ideal. havent tried 2nd hype yet...
  • ChadhoganChadhogan Posts: 456 ★★★

Enjoy
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    @Lvernon15 you prob don’t know because you don’t do map 5... the map 5 hype mini has node that power locks at the start of the fight... magik could work.. have to hope you can bait his specials while you’re waiting for power lock to expire and then get to L2 and hope he keeps throwing specials. Same issue with void... he gets his timer debuffs... L1 won’t happen for 40-50 seconds approx. dealing with hype isn’t the problem... it’s the node attached.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    That 20 second timer before both champs can gain power should be removed.
    Yea 2nd hyperion was silly... and its day1
    At least there is no point healing up, thats the good news :/
  • dynastyhowldynastyhowl Posts: 45
    my problem is less with the emphatic lock but with the oscillate on the second hyperion. When he's in the passive armor phase he basically won't any specials and then the moment he turns to fury phase, launches sp3 and my sym supreme gets rekt. I need to change him for iceman next time.
  • raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I was able to one shot both Hyperions with an R5 5* Magik. But with little life left since I had to take one SP3 from each of the Hyperion bosses I fought today.

I think the best way around this is to have all alliance members to have at least one power control champ brought in AQ and help with the mini bosses.

Nobody ever said that it has to be just the boss killers who should take the mini bosses down anyway.

I told my alliance, starting tomorrow, everyone brings a power control champ and chip in the damage against both Hyperion, and everyone do their part in defeating the final boss Nameless Thanos.