**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Behold, the June Event Quest: Imperius Rex!

12346»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Jaded said:

KimilSung said:

@Kabam Miike hey, I was wondering if you’d be able to elaborate on the decision to include pathways like the attached in the monthly EQ. There is no champion on the additional route so appears to serve as a method of increasing energy usage by forcing another run on the map. In future would it not be more effective to simply add another route, add a champion to said route, or cut out the additional path altogether?

Every Event Quest will have the same number of paths per quest (except for situations like Thanos, or all beginner difficulty quests). Sometimes, we choose to do it in this fashion, other times you'll have branches that intersect.
    I think he means if there was a fight there instead of a empty node, he wouldn’t complain.
    They should add a thanos mini boss there to test that theory :)
    Still in mourning? Lol.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Jaded said:

KimilSung said:

@Kabam Miike hey, I was wondering if you’d be able to elaborate on the decision to include pathways like the attached in the monthly EQ. There is no champion on the additional route so appears to serve as a method of increasing energy usage by forcing another run on the map. In future would it not be more effective to simply add another route, add a champion to said route, or cut out the additional path altogether?

Every Event Quest will have the same number of paths per quest (except for situations like Thanos, or all beginner difficulty quests). Sometimes, we choose to do it in this fashion, other times you'll have branches that intersect.
    I think he means if there was a fight there instead of a empty node, he wouldn’t complain.

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Jaded said:

KimilSung said:

Still in mourning? Lol.
    Yea :( 117k namor just didnt do it for me.
    I'll register when I get there. Been Grinding for Maw and doing Heroic on Auto. Lol. Trying to get some Units back after Goldpool ravaged me.
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Jaded said:

KimilSung said:

Still in mourning? Lol.
    I'll register when I get there. Been Grinding for Maw and doing Heroic on Auto. Lol. Trying to get some Units back after Goldpool ravaged me.
    I get it I'm ravaged atm too. 100 percent act 6.1 and variant in the last 2 weeks
    That'll do it.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Jaded said:

KimilSung said:

Still in mourning? Lol.
    I get it I'm ravaged atm too. 100 percent act 6.1 and variant in the last 2 weeks
    Variant 1? I've also been ravaged by that... Waiting for my 10 revives from marvel insider to come through so I can finish up the 3.3 Ultron quest and be done.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Namor was easier to fight than Invisible Woman. Both interesting champions.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★

#BuffUncollectedRewards

They just explained it's more sensitive, but they're looking at it. Not sure if it's because of adding a Cavalier Difficulty or not, but I'd be in favor of that. Uncollected has such a range of Players now that tweaking the difficulty of it too much wouldn't be reasonable for those on the lower end. In any event, they're on it. Lol.
    Personally, I agree. I'm not **** about it being hard, UC/Epic is actually really easy for me. I haven't struggled in a long time because my roster has grown a lot, however I do feel bad for new UC people who have to go through the extra difficulty for no increase in rewards.

Add Cav, make it a slight increase from the current UC/Epic, and then decrease the current UC/Epic back to where it was when it was first released. Problem solved.
    Yeah, to be fair, I'm not necessarily advocating taking it down a step. If that is what happens when and if Cavalier comes out, great. If not, fine. My concern is when you look at increasing the Rewards, the possibility may come that it is made harder, and that is concerning. Also, the growing needs of Cavalier-level Players, and the large range we have all in UC.
    Back when I first became UC no way in hell I would have been able to do last months EQ. Now that I'm cav it's kind of a joke. Add a cav difficulty that's slightly harder than the UC we have today, and decrease UC to be what it was when it first came out IMO will solve a lot of problems. New UC players have GOT to be struggling with some of these new champs/nodes and the excessive amount of noded paths in UC event quests.

Oh and get rid of beginner and add the units for it elsewhere, another difficulty means we won't be able to explore everything even if we wanted to.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★

#BuffUncollectedRewards

They just explained it's more sensitive, but they're looking at it. Not sure if it's because of adding a Cavalier Difficulty or not, but I'd be in favor of that. Uncollected has such a range of Players now that tweaking the difficulty of it too much wouldn't be reasonable for those on the lower end. In any event, they're on it. Lol.
    Personally, I agree. I'm not **** about it being hard, UC/Epic is actually really easy for me. I haven't struggled in a long time because my roster has grown a lot, however I do feel bad for new UC people who have to go through the extra difficulty for no increase in rewards.

Add Cav, make it a slight increase from the current UC/Epic, and then decrease the current UC/Epic back to where it was when it was first released. Problem solved.
    Yeah, to be fair, I'm not necessarily advocating taking it down a step. If that is what happens when and if Cavalier comes out, great. If not, fine. My concern is when you look at increasing the Rewards, the possibility may come that it is made harder, and that is concerning. Also, the growing needs of Cavalier-level Players, and the large range we have all in UC.
    Back when I first became UC no way in hell I would have been able to do last months EQ. Now that I'm cav it's kind of a joke. Add a cav difficulty that's slightly harder than the UC we have today, and decrease UC to be what it was when it first came out IMO will solve a lot of problems. New UC players have GOT to be struggling with some of these new champs/nodes and the excessive amount of noded paths in UC event quests.

Oh and get rid of beginner and add the units for it elsewhere, another difficulty means we won't be able to explore everything even if we wanted to.
    Agreed with everything. Put those beginner units in UC and everyone's happy.
  • Barnes13Barnes13 Posts: 20

IMPRISONED IN THE DEPTHS OF ATLANTIS

Continuing their hunt for the remaining members of the Fantastic Four, Ant-Man joins Thing, Human Torch, and the Silver Surfer. Their search brings them to none-other than the lost city of Atlantis, adrift in The Battlerealm.

Inside they find Namor the Sub-Mariner, and Sue Storm-Richards (Invisible Woman), who reveals that the ruins of Atlantis are actually a prison! Escape will mean trusting the tempestuous Sub-Mariner, but can the Fantastic Four put aside their differences for the sake of survival?

SIDE-BY-SIDE WITH SUB-MARINER!

Diving into The Contest, two new Champions are making waves in The Battlerealm!

Invisible Woman, A.K.A. Susan “Sue” Storm-Richards, is the level-headed counterpart to both her brother Johnny Storm, and her husband Dr. Reed Richards. Often taking over as leader of the Fantastic Four, Sue is no stranger to danger, and uses her invisibility to out-maneuver her enemies while smashing them apart with her force field projections.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, A.K.A. Namor McKenzie, is the mutant son of a human sailor and an Atlantean princess, graced with immense strength, durability, aquatic powers, and flight. Being the Prince of Atlantis, Namor uses his incredible powers to protect its people from any threat that would endanger them, even if that puts him at odds with his fellow heroes.

Q&A
    How long does this Quest run for?
    This Quest will be starting on June 5th at 10:00AM PST and will run until July 3rd at 10:00AM PST. Those attempting Legends runs will have until 10 AM PST on June 19th to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

How do I get the Legends Title associated with Master Difficulty?
    The Legends Title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in this Event Quest the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this Quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the Event being live will win the Title. More information on that can be found here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program

In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:
    #1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    #6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    --

Rewards

The rewards for Beginner, Normal, Heroic, and Master Difficulty have been updated!

For completing and mastering all of the Beginner Quests, you earn:
    1x Premium Hero Crystal
    2,400x Premium Crystal Shards (2.2x Crystals)
    1,700x 3-Star Hero Crystal Shards (85% of a Crystal)
    2x Tier 1 Basic Catalysts
    2x Tier 2 Basic Catalysts
    150x Units
    900x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
    7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
    18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
    17,450 Gold
    1x Invisible Force Title
    1x 2-Star Yellowjacket

For completing and mastering all of the Normal Quests, you earn:
    2x Premium Hero Crystal
    8,500x Premium Crystal Shards (4.25x Crystals)
    1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
    1,000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (50% of a Crystal)
    150x Units
    2x Tier 2 Class Catalyst Crystals
    3x Tier 2 Basic Catalysts
    2x Tier 3 Basic Catalysts
    1x Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst
    12x Tier 3 Generic ISO
    24x Tier 4 Generic ISO
    30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
    19,325 Gold
    1x Invisible Force Title
    1x 3-Star Yellowjacket
    10,000x Tier 1 Atlantean Coral

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic Quests, you earn:
    4x Premium Hero Crystals
    4,450x Premium Crystal Shards (2.225x Crystals)
    1x Ultimate Crystal
    1,400x 4-Star Crystal Shards (70% of a Crystal)
    1,000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal)
    150x Units
    1x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst
    7200x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    2x Tier 3 Basic Catalysts
    2x Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst
    2x Tier 3 Class Catalyst Crystals
    25x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals
    30x Tier 4 Generic ISO
    5x Tier 5 Generic ISO
    30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
    28,825 Gold
    1x Invisible Force Title
    10,000x Tier 2 Atlantean Coral

For completing and mastering all of the Master Quests, you earn:
    3x Premium Hero Crystals
    1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
    3,000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1.5x Crystals)
    1x 4-Star Hero Crystal
    2,300x 4-Star Crystal Shards (1.15x Crystals)
    2,750x 5-Star Crystal Shards (27.5% of a Crystal)
    150x Units
    3x Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst
    1x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst
    36,000x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragment (1x Catalyst)
    3,600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
    95x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
    10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    12x Tier 5 Generic ISO
    38,825 Gold
    1x Lord of the Seven Seas Title
    10,000x Tier 3 Atlantean Coral

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected Quests, you earn:
    4,020x 4-Star Crystal Shards (2.01x Crystals)
    7,500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (75% of a Crystal)
    2,500x 6-Star Crystal Shards (25% of a Crystal)
    12,000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment (33% of a Catalyst)
    10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
    9,000x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Shard (20% of a Catalyst)
    1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    12,825x Gold
    10,000x Tier 4 Atlantean Coral

Which characters give me a bonus during this quest?
  • zeustarzeustar Posts: 67
    Just a quick suggestion on Uncollected rewards bumped up. Keep Event Quest uncollected difficulty only for Uncollected people, where as for people who have Cavalier title. Change Uncollected to Cavalier with bumped up rewards. Instead of introducing another difficulty after uncollected. Its gonna be a lot of content to do. Considering people who complete all from Beginner to Uncollected.

Just replacing the uncollected difficulty to Cavalier with bumped up rewards will make it easier for everyone with Cavalier title.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    zeustar said:

Just a quick suggestion on Uncollected rewards bumped up. Keep Event Quest uncollected difficulty only for Uncollected people, where as for people who have Cavalier title. Change Uncollected to Cavalier with bumped up rewards. Instead of introducing another difficulty after uncollected. Its gonna be a lot of content to do. Considering people who complete all from Beginner to Uncollected.

Just replacing the uncollected difficulty to Cavalier with bumped up rewards will make it easier for everyone with Cavalier title.

That will kind of screw over all the Uncollected players though...
  • aleksdayumaleksdayum Posts: 8
    Really hope we see a Cavalier difficulty. We deserve this bump in rewards for getting to the end game content and achieving the title/unlock. only makes sense as a uncollected difficulty was introduced

Uncollected this month quests dont give unit rewards, has it always been like this?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★

Really hope we see a Cavalier difficulty. We deserve this bump in rewards for getting to the end game content and achieving the title/unlock. only makes sense as a uncollected difficulty was introduced

Uncollected this month quests dont give unit rewards, has it always been like this?

Uncollected has never ever given units
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

xNig said:

Good that rewards are increased. But as usual, because the increment is relatively small, there will be complaints like “That’s it?”, which is kinda disappointing but expected.

Adding a Cav difficulty isn’t a bad option but the level of challenge it should provide is questionable. Should it be tuned to 5* R5/6* R2 level? Or 6* R3/4 level?

If it were the former, then after a short time, Cavalier difficulty becomes “too easy”. If the latter, then it might be “too difficult” upon release. Imo it’s a tough balancing act and definitely not a sustainable one, with the game’s future in mind. It’s unlikely that we want to stack Easy / Normal / Heroic / Masters / Uncollected / Cavalier / xxx / yyy etc.

My suggestion to Kabam will be to have a limit on the number of difficulties made available to players. Eg max of 5 based on the highest story progression title the player holds, in the current context, it’s Cavalier. Energy considerations might need to be considered as well.

Having a 6th doesn't mean people have to necessarily go out and do all 6.
    Correct but it becomes cluttered and lags more the more you add. Without.taking something away.

Think future beginner normal heroic.masters uc cavalier some other title, and so on it's bad design
    At the moment, we have Cavalier to worry about. Uncollected has been around quite a long time. I don't think we need to worry about another past Cavalier for some time. Besides, it's almost necessary. Once people have R3 6*s, they're going to feel even more under-rewarded and bored with the level of challenge. The only alternative is to increase the challenge level to a point where it's not fair or reasonable for those lower.
    Man I'm a programmer you NEVER design for today by the time your done it's already tomorrow and your outdated.

Always design with the future as the goal
    Designing for the future is exactly the reason I suggested adding one to begin with. Lol.
    I'm saying design it for r3 6s now or regret it later maybe even r4s .
    How long do you think you can cram everyone into the same Difficulty before it becomes a significant issue? The level of challenge has to meet the level of growth. Otherwise, it puts strains on a number of areas. Uncollected encompasses a large demo, one that is growing because of Act 6. I mean, it may be possible to add another Chapter that is accessible after 100% UC, but even that is just buying time. You have to create something that people can grow into. Not just a kennel for the level thus far.
    That's why you future proof it to be harder then what's available make it just below variant level.

Making it after uc wont really help as UC has grown too easy anyways..
    Not sure where I crammed everyone in.

I'm just saying 5 difficulties is fine cutting beginner wont hurt anyone really
    I really don't see how cutting Beginner will help anyone. It's literally for Beginners. Lol.
    Actually, I started a new account 2 months ago and I didn't even bother with beginner and normal. Just went ahead and did heroic and master last month and now on course for a single run of uncollected. Now, granted I have experience of a past account to back me up, its not too much of a stretch to imagine that people can at the very least jump into normal difficulty right off the bat.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    xNig said:

Drooped2 said:

Honestly the only other thing I can think of would be to make pi and health scale based on what you bring (were gonna use prestige as an example) all r2 6s? Content is *harder* then the guy with r3 5s.

And make rewards scale to that somehow

Alternative is to gate it similar to how A6.2 is gated. As much as it artificially increases the difficulty, it’ll be better than just slapping more health more attack on defenders.
    Please don't give them any ideas man..
  • Sagar_28Sagar_28 Posts: 7

Corvus taking damage from coldsnap while having glaive charges in this new monthly event quest uncollected difficulty , chapter 3 round 2
  • AirWrekAirWrek Posts: 5
    How do we find out the Legends Title qualifiers?
  • BigjtccBigjtcc Posts: 16
    What is up with collosus? Can we get some typa word on him seems like we made a big deal about him than kabam back burner I understand that you guys are really busy with all the new stuff but cmon guys like why hype up everybody voting and what not and still krickets since than not even a leak thank you
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Bigjtcc said:

What is up with collosus? Can we get some typa word on him seems like we made a big deal about him than kabam back burner I understand that you guys are really busy with all the new stuff but cmon guys like why hype up everybody voting and what not and still krickets since than not even a leak thank you

@Bigjtcc As they’ve stated multiple times, they’re starting his buff in the Fall