**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The "Cannot" beats "Always" concept is fundamentally flawed and dangerous

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    You just won't stop clearly.
  • Ghosty64Ghosty64 Posts: 171
    edited June 2019

Christ...50 back-and-forths in this thread alone trying to get this guy to understand something and he still doesn't get it

Dude chill
    It’s hard to make people change there mind
    But I do get what u mean when they take the criticism/jokes/insults like a 5 year old
    It’s super annoying
    Or when they have no sense of humor
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Anybody who argues with that certain dude is a bigger troll than the said dude . Learn to ignore . First rule of internet : do not feed the trolls

Ghosty64 said:

Comments like that are probably contributing to why you're in jail. We're not here to call other people out, or make things personal, or spread conspiracies, or anything else as equally-unproductive. We're here to discuss the game. That involves having a respectful debate which focuses on the subject and not making targets of other people.
    There are rules to the Forum. We ALL have to adhere to them. If you're receiving infractions, you're responsible for your own. I've had my own and been responsible for those. Regardless of whether you like the person debating with you, you're still the one typing.
    So far, all I've done is discuss the subject. Not once have I made it personal. That's on you.

No offense
    But ur way too serious that’s probably why everyone is always calling u out or sh!tying on u
    That’s at least why I kind of do it
    I don't have to know why you do it. I don't care. It's not allowed, so I don't do it. That's all I have to know. Why is irrelevant, really. However, when someone implies it's my fault people are getting in trouble, I'm going to point out that people are responsible for their own actions.
    Dude the condescending tones
    Then I don’t care why people call u out
    I’ll just agree
    Drooped2 said:

zeezee57 said:

Moving away from the preoccupation and back to the subject, what's the real issue here? The wording, or the interaction? Seems to me there's a great deal of implied conspiracy over it, when it's not likely many people were even depending on that minute amount of Damage. It was a bug, that's about all that really matters concerning it. We can speculate on the wording and what that implies for situations, but that's a given. If there's a bug or unintended interaction, they will fix it if they can.

First off it was never called out as bug in the year or so Corvus has been around. Pulling that "they're just fixing a bug" is nonsense. Second you've said how many times in the inevitable agreement with the decision "but never trumps always", well the node on YJ is the highest percentage chance to glance at 85%, Corvus crits at 100% rate, you can do the math there, at least you might be able to. So by the number Corvus shouldn't trigger glancing at all while his GUARANTEED crits are active.
    Pretty sure Micro Reflect hasn't been around for a year.
    Micro reflect qas first announced for evangiline Lilly event in June of 2018
    Ah, good memory. I will amend my statement to permanent content. Lol. In any event, that's how they want it to interact.
    edited June 2019

Anybody who argues with that certain dude is a bigger troll than the said dude . Learn to ignore . First rule of internet : do not feed the trolls

What’s wrong with being a troll
    First rule of internet: never take anything seriousness
    I'm not a Troll. People spend most of their time on here trolling me and call me one. It just never stops. People can take responsibility for their own actions. I'm not.
    edited June 2019

You just won't stop clearly.

Are you one of those people that find Rick and Morty/ South Park /Pewdiepie offensive
    No. I'm just not the one responsible for the needless persistence of people making me a target on a personal level, and I'm not about to sit here and listen to it without speaking up.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Drooped2 said:

zeezee57 said:

Moving away from the preoccupation and back to the subject, what's the real issue here? The wording, or the interaction? Seems to me there's a great deal of implied conspiracy over it, when it's not likely many people were even depending on that minute amount of Damage. It was a bug, that's about all that really matters concerning it. We can speculate on the wording and what that implies for situations, but that's a given. If there's a bug or unintended interaction, they will fix it if they can.

First off it was never called out as bug in the year or so Corvus has been around. Pulling that "they're just fixing a bug" is nonsense. Second you've said how many times in the inevitable agreement with the decision "but never trumps always", well the node on YJ is the highest percentage chance to glance at 85%, Corvus crits at 100% rate, you can do the math there, at least you might be able to. So by the number Corvus shouldn't trigger glancing at all while his GUARANTEED crits are active.
    True, but the game team didn’t acknowledge a complaint about the reflective damage guaranteed crits were doing until back issues #2.

@GW it takes two, at this point you’re becoming one by feeding it.

No. I'm just not the one responsible for the needless persistence of people making me a target on a personal level, and I'm not about to sit here and listen to it without speaking up.

Are you one of those people that find Rick and Morty/ South Park /Pewdiepie offensive
    Just a question
    Flag me if u want
    No one is attacking u on a personal level
    U r the one making it personal
    It’s all jokes

I'm not a Troll. People spend most of their time on here trolling me and call me one. It just never stops. People can take responsibility for their own actions. I'm not.

I will take the jail

You are a **** troll and a useless waste of oxygen . These forums are made **** by mods reluctance to control your rabid obsession with arguing for anything that you don’t have a clue about . In fact, the mods work in opposite way and ban anyone that calls you out on your **** .
    It’ll probably be a instaban
    I don’t think he’s a troll
    I don’t think he has a sense of humor/gets jokes
    This coming from someone who like always disagrees with him/her/them
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    If an attack didn’t crit, then corvus shouldn’t lose charge. Same goes ghost. This should solve problem
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019

No. It's about THIS Ability. A comment was made about how they came to the conclusion, and somehow it branched off into a discussion about everything. What you want is a detailed explanation to their entire thought process, and I doubt they will do that. You're free to ask but they don't have to verify every aspect of their decisions.

I know it's hard but stop and think for 2 seconds before posting. It's about EVERY ability now.

Every ability can be described as a can or cannot ,so the rules of this game are made without reason and we don't want a game like that.

Every ability is at stake here, not just Corvus.
    No. Every Ability is not at stake. That's an exaggeration based on a comment about the Glancing interaction. One comment, exaggerated to every interaction containing those words, when the only one they were looking at was this one

Snizzbar said:

No. It's about THIS Ability. A comment was made about how they came to the conclusion, and somehow it branched off into a discussion about everything. What you want is a detailed explanation to their entire thought process, and I doubt they will do that. You're free to ask but they don't have to verify every aspect of their decisions.

I know it's hard but stop and think for 2 seconds before posting. It's about EVERY ability now.

Every ability can be described as a can or cannot ,so the rules of this game are made without reason and we don't want a game like that.

No. Every Ability is not at stake. That's an exaggeration based on a comment about the Glancing interaction. One comment, exaggerated to every interaction containing those words, when the only one they were looking at was this one. The reasoning is in the Patch Notes. It's so that Micro Reflect only reflects regular Damage. The rest is just a bit of insight into the process of how they got there, and that's only one aspect of how they got there. So what you are asking for is the entire conversation, and they aren't likely going to give notes on everything discussed.

That’s what I said
    I just wanted clarity so the players didn’t take upon themselves to interpret it
    But @GW was like Hell no
    Snizzbar said:

No. Every Ability is not at stake. That's an exaggeration based on a comment about the Glancing interaction. One comment, exaggerated to every interaction containing those words, when the only one they were looking at was this one

Every Ability is an exaggeration and I stand by that.
    edited June 2019

Snizzbar said:

Every Ability is an exaggeration and I stand by that.
    Dude
    Answer the question
    I’m not trying to insult u
    Bet he’ll flag me
    I just wanna know

Drooped2 said:

zeezee57 said:

True, but the game team didn’t acknowledge a complaint about the reflective damage guaranteed crits were doing until back issues #2.

@GW it takes two, at this point you’re becoming one by feeding it.
    I spoke out about being blamed for people getting in trouble because I'm not responsible for what they say. It's one thing to create negativity and hate on someone all the time. To have the audacity to blame them when you're caught is just a level of denial I will not take on myself. We are all responsible ourselves for what we post.
    Other than that, I could care less what they say about me. I'm here to discuss the subject.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

edited June 2019
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Didn't know glancing started with micro reflect, wonder what Antmans been doing all this time. 100% > 85% or below, hence guaranteed crits should never glance.
    Micro Reflect is the reason this was changed. That's the point I was making. Also, I think you're confusing Guaranteed Crits with Guaranteed Hits. It's not AAR. It's that the Hit is guaranteed to Crit.
    If you want to call Guaranteed 100%, then it would mean 100% chance to Crit "if" the Hit can be made. In this case, it can't since Crits can't hit.
  • My name is GroundedDodo, I'm sort of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see. But don't let that intimidate you.

My name is GroundedDodo, I'm sort of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see. But don't let that intimidate you.

???
  • Yeah I had to make another account for this... But... This is some shady news by Kabam. Looks like there will be changes in the future such as this one. Why don't we just go play some video games on console or PC at this point hahaha
  • Ghosty64 said:

My name is GroundedDodo, I'm sort of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see. But don't let that intimidate you.

???
    You didn't like my quote?