Angela Hela Synergy

Jhill0524Jhill0524 Posts: 9
edited June 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Wondering if the new wording to the Angela hela queen of hel synergy is a nerf? It seems like it is no longer giving the same chance it used to

The one with only the queen of hel synergy shown is the old one I screenshot a couple months ago
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
«13

Comments

  • Jhill0524Jhill0524 Posts: 9
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 899 ★★★
    In the old synergy wording: You will get a 100% chance to trigger that synergy ability when 4 of your champs are KOed.
    Simple math: initial 20% chance + (20% chance per your dead champ X 4 dead champs) = 100% chance.

    New synergy wording: -20% chance per champion alive.
    Which means even when your main champ is the only one alive, the chance for it to trigger is now 80%.

    Definitely a nerf. I'm starting to get mad with all of these hidden and unannounced changes to the game.
    @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
    Please let me know if my math is incorrect which I know it is not.
  • That wording is weird. 20% chance to instantly regenerate 20%... yet has 100% chance to trigger. Reduces 20% per champ alive. Now, does that mean when you have 1 champ alive it's 100%, and when you have 5 it's only 20%? I think that's how it's supposed to work.

    When you enter with your full team, you have a flat 20% chance (hence -20% per champ alive). Then 100% chance to trigger when only 1 champ left. Stands to reason that it should function the same. However, I could very well be wrong.

    The original wording was much more clear IMO. They both could mean the same thing, or there is a chance it has been reduced to a max 80%. It wouldn't make sense to say 100% chance to trigger though if it was only 80% when 4 champs are dead. Why was the wording changed if it doesn't change the function is the real question here?
  • Just as a FYI, so far 5/5 in my trials, when 4 champs were dead with that synergy active, it worked. So it APPEARS to be working at 100% when 4 out of 5 were dead. Why the wording was changed is beyond me.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,479 ★★★
    its not a nerf it was always like that



    this is a pic from 2017
  • @issamaf80 that's the original wording. This is the new wording...



    Why it was changed, not sure. Seems to function the same.
  • Jhill0524Jhill0524 Posts: 9
    Yeah I tried 3 times with them as they are my go to questing team when aw and aq are on and it did not trigger at all for me when i was on my last champ.
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,479 ★★★

    @issamaf80 that's the original wording. This is the new wording...



    Why it was changed, not sure. Seems to function the same.

    yeah you right kabam better explain them self or we rout
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,337 ★★★★★
    It's literally the same thing. Just inverted wording. Perhaps to clarify? Not sure.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

    It's literally the same thing. Just inverted wording. Perhaps to clarify? Not sure.

    It’s not old synergy 20% chance to revive plus 20% chance for each dead teammate so 100% chance with only 1 champ left
    New synergy 100% chance -20% chance for each teammate alive meaning at 4 champs dead it’s a 80% chance
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,337 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Kobster84 said:

    It's literally the same thing. Just inverted wording. Perhaps to clarify? Not sure.

    It’s not old synergy 20% chance to revive plus 20% chance for each dead teammate so 100% chance with only 1 champ left
    New synergy 100% chance -20% chance for each teammate alive meaning at 4 champs dead it’s a 80% chance
    It's the same thing. 20% and increases by 20% per K.O., up to 4 other Champs. That's 100%. 100% to start, 4 Champs alive and that leaves you 20%. Same thing, different wording.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,337 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    You always have one Champ alive. Otherwise the Synergy doesn't matter. Lol.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    It literally says in the new description-20% chance for each champ Alive meaning it’s with 4 champs dead it’s still -20% chance so 80% chance
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

    You always have one Champ alive. Otherwise the Synergy doesn't matter. Lol.

    Yes that’s the point can’t get 100% chance to be revived anymore
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,337 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

    You always have one Champ alive. Otherwise the Synergy doesn't matter. Lol.

    Yes that’s the point can’t get 100% chance to be revived anymore
    It's the same thing worded differently. When you K.O. with the final Champ, it becomes 100%. I admit it's confusing, but it's the same thing worded differently.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

    Kobster84 said:

    You always have one Champ alive. Otherwise the Synergy doesn't matter. Lol.

    Yes that’s the point can’t get 100% chance to be revived anymore
    It's the same thing worded differently. When you K.O. with the final Champ, it becomes 100%. I admit it's confusing, but it's the same thing worded differently.
    100% chance -20% champ alive it’s pretty simple maths
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 25,337 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Kobster84 said:

    Kobster84 said:

    You always have one Champ alive. Otherwise the Synergy doesn't matter. Lol.

    Yes that’s the point can’t get 100% chance to be revived anymore
    It's the same thing worded differently. When you K.O. with the final Champ, it becomes 100%. I admit it's confusing, but it's the same thing worded differently.
    100% chance -20% champ alive it’s pretty simple maths
    Yes. When you K.O. with the one you're using, what does that make? Lol.
  • MattyyMattyy Posts: 143

    Kobster84 said:

    Kobster84 said:

    You always have one Champ alive. Otherwise the Synergy doesn't matter. Lol.

    Yes that’s the point can’t get 100% chance to be revived anymore
    It's the same thing worded differently. When you K.O. with the final Champ, it becomes 100%. I admit it's confusing, but it's the same thing worded differently.
    100% chance -20% champ alive it’s pretty simple maths
    Yes. When you K.O. with the one you're using, what does that make? Lol.
    Read the synergy again and note the "just before they're knocked out", realise your logic is wrong and move on.
  • MattyyMattyy Posts: 143
    edited June 2019
    Nope just believe in whatever nonsense you choose to and can't accept you're wrong so continue arguing your point over and over.

    Nice to see you completely skipped over the part related to the topic where your point you keep trying to push was pointed out as incorrect.

    Move on
  • Generally I don't post here, but this change of wording got me triggered. Unless the developers give conclusive answer this is my theory

    Why would they change the wording from something that was clear to something that seems ambiguous?

    Unless
    - something has been changed or
    - something will be changed at a future date.
    - another probability ;)


    I use the word 'seems ambiguous' because depending on the readers' knowledge of English and Mathematical Probability the description may or may not be clear.
    Mathematical probability is the likelihood of one or more events occurring, these events may or may not be related.


    1. Majority if not all agree that the previous wording as quoted

    Champions have a 20% chance to instantly regain 20% of their HP just before they're knocked out.
    This chance increases by 20% for each Champion on their team currently knocked out.


    means that with 1 champ remaining alive, there is a 100% chance that the champ would revive.
    Its clear from the wording that in this case only one event is been altered. (i.e chance to regain HP)


    2. However in the new description it reads as follows

    20% chance to instantly regain 20% of their HP just before they're knocked out.
    This has a 100% chance to trigger, but is reduced by 20% for each Champion alive on your team.


    Lets break this description down by removing the irrelevant words for the purpose of the context, assuming we have 1 champ remaining alive.

    "20% chance to instantly regain 20% of their HP just before they're knocked out.
    This has a 100% chance to trigger, but is reduced by 20% for each Champion alive on your team."

    (1) "20% chance to regain some HP"
    (2) "This has a 100% chance to trigger, reduced by 20% for each Champion alive". (i.e Team of 5 champs with one 1 alive gives 80% to trigger, So 20% chance to NOT trigger for 1 champ)

    Now this change in wording (along with the word This on the second line) suggests that we now (or gives the developers the freedom to) have probabilities for two events instead of one.

    The two events would be

    (1) "chance to regain HP"
    (2) "chance to trigger event (1)"

    If this is the case then you cannot simply add these these two probabilities since they are mutually exclusive.
    This means that there is a chance that the champ will not revive.


    Lets explain this another way

    An Ultimate Crystal has a 20% chance to award a 4 Star and an 80% chance to award a 3 Star. That's the drop rates published by the developers.

    Now the chance of you getting a 4 Star is based on you opening that crystal (this is the trigger). If you never open the crystal you will never get a 4 or 3 Star.
    So lets now ask my friend to open the crystal, but there is a 80% chance that my friend will do what I ask and a 20% chance he will not.

    If with the 20% chance he does not open the crystal then I will not get any champ from that crystal.













  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Literally it is the same thing. Just different wording.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    edited June 2019

    This one says that it have 100% chance to trigger, but "reduces" by 20% for each champ alive.
    If four champs are alive then only 20% chance to trigger. OR If 4 champs are dead then 100% chance to trigger.


    This one says it have 20% increased chance to trigger for each dead champ in team.
    If 4 champs are dead then 100% chance to trigger. OR If four champs are alive then only 20% chance to trigger.


  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    This is the exact same synergy. They're just trying to clarify the wording. There's a base 20% chance. That accounts for the champion you are currently using. For each of the other champs on the team alive, the chance is reduced by 20%. This doesn't count the champ you are currently using, otherwise there'd be a zero percent chance to trigger when your whole team is alive. If there are 4 champs KOd on your team, you take away -20% chance for each of them. Add this new 80% chance to the base 20 and you get 100. The old wording is better, but this isn't a Nerf. I was using this synergy all day yesterday and it always worked if the rest of my team was KOd.
    Also, why is the other guy getting flagged for stating his opinion?
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    Now the real question is why they used two different sentences for the same synergy?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    DjinAF said:


    This one says that it have 100% chance to trigger, but "reduces" by 20% for each champ alive.
    If four champs are alive then only 20% chance to trigger. OR If 4 champs are dead then 100% chance to trigger.


    This one says it have 20% increased chance to trigger for each dead champ in team.
    If 4 champs are dead then 100% chance to trigger. OR If four champs are alive then only 20% chance to trigger.


    From the first one if 4 champs are dead it would only be 80% chance to activate as 100% -20% from the one champ alive
    It does seem to just be a unnecessary and complicated text change that they didn’t need to do at all

This discussion has been closed.