**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why are all the new champs geared toward end game players?

New content is introduced, and then counters are introduced. Either the new Content is a Challenge like buffs or nodes and then Champions that can counter it are introduced, or the other way around where the Champions are introduced first, and then counters to them come around, like other Champions or Nodes.

This is normal and healthy for a Game like this.

Started writing out a long post about how most of the new champs (i.e. the last year) were absolutely ridiculous to deal with if you only have a handful (or even a dozen) 5*s, but what's the point?

I wish Kabam would stop listening the content creators about just how insanely difficult this game needs to be. I don't want to have to watch lots of video on how someone else is able to beat a particular champ with another max rank particular champ.

Can you guys please make OG Cap relevant? Can you stop increasing Master/Uncollected difficulty just because the end game players have a dozen 6*s even though most of us have 0? Last month's event was so ridiculously absurd that even the end gamers threw a fit and Kabam issued an apology.

Can you guys just let us progress and ensure any game-changing nonsense is relegated to the Act 6/ Map 7 stuff? Geez, I don't know if I'll ever beat Act 5, should probably consider spending my time on other things I suppose. Do you guys just spend hundreds of units each month or what? I feel like if I'm unable to beat something without units then I'm just not ready for that content. Collector was the exception because I feel the payoff was worth it, but dayum I don't want to go through that again.

Did we get any determination on the Corvus/Yellowjacket thing? Basically just "we will do whatever we want, no matter how much time you spent learning an effective counter for xyz?"

I don't know if we need a Cavalier or whatever event quest but y'all picking on the scrubs just to make the Monthly quests harder for the pros.

Comments

• PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Sungj said:

Lol seatin just made a new account and beat the collector in under a month, he will probably beat act 5 in under 2 months 3 months at most. The game still is completely fine for progressing players you just need to put in the time.

I don’t fully agree with @CharlieMurphyKC about the game being too much difficult and at the same time I don’t agree with this comment either. There’s a lot of difference in Seatin level of player starting new account and a mid tier player fighting monthly quests with base level of champs...

You are right about progression though.. Mid tier players just need to focus on moving forward with whatever they can and stop complaining about the game being difficult...

Even I’m kind of. Mid tier player and I fail to beat certain champs... ex Invisible Woman in UC this month.. That doesn’t mean I get to complain about game being too much difficult...
  • CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    edited June 2019
    You guys basically made my point for me. The fact that a top-tier player can start from scratch and go on a tear in this game is great, but most of us who either aren't Uncollected or are Uncollected for a year-ish are nowhere near Seatin's skill level. The monthly UC events are not geared towards Uncollected players, they are geared towards Cavalier level players. I understand making the end game content, well end game. But if you are Uncollected by the skin of your teeth and have maybe 3 or 4 5*s that are actually worth something, you need the skill of a Cavalier player to beat these damn UC events.

EDIT - this doesn't mean you can't beat the content with 4*s, so hopefully you guys understand the point. Instead of "hey, you need to be pretty darn good if you want to beat this", it's "hey, you need to be beyond god tier to beat this".
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Because Endgame players are the ones who need specific champions? You can get past Maestro without any 4*s if you’re good at the game. Other than some champs with nullify or big damage for some regen champs and some champions with ability accuracy reduction, you don’t need any specific champs until you start Act 5.
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    In a round about way, I actually agree with the OP. Directly or indirectly, as a MCOC community we are shifting towards the “next level.”

As new opportunities roll out for beginners (receiving rewards for unlocking masteries, etc), new challenges are rolling out for veterans/endgamers. (Act 6, Variants, etc etc)

I think becoming “uncollected” is a good midway point. Mid-teir and upper mid-teir players land here. Decent skills, maybe a few decent 5 stars, but no where on the big homie Seatin’s level. Yet.

Uncollected should serve to help mid-teir players develop skills and rosters to take on Act 6 and endgame content. Cavalier difficult can be created to serve as basically the most chaotic difficulty available for all you Maze supporters that have sweet spot for punishment...I mean challenges.

But if we are being realistic, then everything is shifting so fine tuning is an ever-evolving process. The upgraded rewards to the other difficulties were much needed. Im sure there will be some address to the Uncollected difficulty/subsequent rewards. I’m almost willing to bet a Cavalier difficulty will be created for event quests. But take heed...it’ll probably have all sorts of madness in there specifically designed to challenge the most skilled summoners.

My god, I sound like a Kabam intern. But it’s true. Cavalier difficulty for cavalier rewards. Let us uncollected peeps get use to aspect of war and other nodes with our skimpy rosters. Haha
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Sungj said:

Lol seatin just made a new account and beat the collector in under a month, he will probably beat act 5 in under 2 months 3 months at most. The game still is completely fine for progressing players you just need to put in the time.

As much as I think that Seatin is a really, really talented player, I cannot not think at times, that with is 200k followers, he does not benefit from a little bit of help from Kabam when opening Cristals.

Yes he does have bad pulls, but on the other side he keeps on getting the OP champs regularly.

That being said, when someone has that much followers on Youtube, watching is vids, Kabam could benefit a lot from sending him a few gifts here and there, just to motivate his followers to take out the Credit Card and spend money on Cristals.

I could be dead wrong on this one, but It won't stop me from seing it that way.
    You are dead wrong on this bud, dont think you understand coding or statistics. Also if you watch his vids then he has tons of vids where he gets absolutely shafted. This is just your cognitive bias telling you his crystals are rigged but it doesnt happen due to how hard it is to implement and how bad the cost benefit analysis would be.

You guys basically made my point for me. The fact that a top-tier player can start from scratch and go on a tear in this game is great, but most of us who either aren't Uncollected or are Uncollected for a year-ish are nowhere near Seatin's skill level. The monthly UC events are not geared towards Uncollected players, they are geared towards Cavalier level players. I understand making the end game content, well end game. But if you are Uncollected by the skin of your teeth and have maybe 3 or 4 5*s that are actually worth something, you need the skill of a Cavalier player to beat these damn UC events.

EDIT - this doesn't mean you can't beat the content with 4*s, so hopefully you guys understand the point. Instead of "hey, you need to be pretty darn good if you want to beat this", it's "hey, you need to be beyond god tier to beat this".

Been exploring UC EQ ever since I got uncollected so dont really know what you are talking about. Also I got cavalier after approx 12 months so if you dont have the appropriate skill level then thats on you, not kabam.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★

Sungj said:

As much as I think that Seatin is a really, really talented player, I cannot not think at times, that with is 200k followers, he does not benefit from a little bit of help from Kabam when opening Cristals.

Yes he does have bad pulls, but on the other side he keeps on getting the OP champs regularly.

That being said, when someone has that much followers on Youtube, watching is vids, Kabam could benefit a lot from sending him a few gifts here and there, just to motivate his followers to take out the Credit Card and spend money on Cristals.

You are dead wrong on this bud, dont think you understand coding or statistics. Also if you watch his vids then he has tons of vids where he gets absolutely shafted. This is just your cognitive bias telling you his crystals are rigged but it doesnt happen due to how hard it is to implement and how bad the cost benefit analysis would be.
    Thankfully yes I could be dead wrong, but the fact is that he has 200k followers and in today's Marketing, if you have a huge fan base on a platform, anyone, FB, Instagramme, Twitter, and in this case Youtube, your worth Gold in free publicity.

I don't know the cost of rigging crystals, and we will never found out probably, but the fact remains, if Seating's would pull bad Champs one after the other one, with 200k followers, Kabam would loose Player base fast. Now it's the opposite... the more he pulls good champs from the crystals, the more Kabam benefits....

I will close of my argument, saying, that will all the Shady, cash grab method that we have seen in the last couple of month from this company, I would not be surprised that this could happen.

Than again... I could be wrong

Sungj said:

Thankfully yes I could be dead wrong, but the fact is that he has 200k followers and in today's Marketing, if you have a huge fan base on a platform, anyone, FB, Instagramme, Twitter, and in this case Youtube, your worth Gold in free publicity.

I don't know the cost of rigging crystals, and we will never found out probably, but the fact remains, if Seating's would pull bad Champs one after the other one, with 200k followers, Kabam would loose Player base fast. Now it's the opposite... the more he pulls good champs from the crystals, the more Kabam benefits....

I will close of my argument, saying, that will all the Shady, cash grab method that we have seen in the last couple of month from this company, I would not be surprised that this could happen.

Than again... I could be wrong
    Half his grandmaster crystals are trash...its almost impossible to change crystal openings for 1 player. This is some tin foil hat stuff going here and I am sorry but you are 100% in the wrong.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

Sungj said:

His pulls are not better to encourage people to play. That's just not a thing. They don't rig pulls for Content Creators, and he's not even on that list anymore.
    @GroundedWisdom and @Tehsigzorz , as much as I respect your knowledge and your position, it still doesn't address the point of MARKETING....

I live in a city where they is a company named Ubisoft, who is huge in America and Europe for developing Gaming.

I know the director of some of the big name online game they produce. Basically what he told me is that the budget for MARKETING is 2x the budget of the production of the game itself.

Basically you want your game to be seen by as many people as possible, so you can sell it to many people as possible. And you want to make sure people get a positive experience from viewing your product...

Seatin provides this.... so he gets thrash champs once in a while I agree, but he keeps on landing on big OP champs more often than anyone else... I can bet a house, that if Seatin decide to stop buying cristal because he keeps on getting trash champs and no new OP character.... Sales at Kabam will go down.

The guy as 200k followers.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Seatin provides this.... so he gets thrash champs once in a while I agree, but he keeps on landing on big OP champs more often than anyone else...

This would be easy to prove if true, and since his crystal openings are available to be viewed this is also trivial to prove false. I did this twice before in the past, and have no interest in doing so again.

@GroundedWisdom and @Tehsigzorz , as much as I respect your knowledge and your position, it still doesn't address the point of MARKETING....

I live in a city where they is a company named Ubisoft, who is huge in America and Europe for developing Gaming.

I know the director of some of the big name online game they produce. Basically what he told me is that the budget for MARKETING is 2x the budget of the production of the game itself.

Basically you want your game to be seen by as many people as possible, so you can sell it to many people as possible. And you want to make sure people get a positive experience from viewing your product...

Seatin provides this.... so he gets thrash champs once in a while I agree, but he keeps on landing on big OP champs more often than anyone else... I can bet a house, that if Seatin decide to stop buying cristal because he keeps on getting trash champs and no new OP character.... Sales at Kabam will go down.

The guy as 200k followers.

I'm not sure you're aware of this, but those 200k Followers serve a purpose, and it's not Kabam. It's his.
    Now, I'm not dogging on him. That's not my intention here. However, YouTube revenue has nothing to do with MCOC.
    Kabam has very strict guidelines for actual Employees, much less YouTubers. They play just like the rest of us. They receive no in-game advantages. I'm sorry, but rigged pulls for Marketing is just not a thing.
    Seatin has the same RNG as anyone else.
    "Kabam has very strict guidelines for actual Employees, much less YouTubers. They play just like the rest of us. They receive no in-game advantages. I'm sorry, but rigged pulls for Marketing is just not a thing.
    Seatin has the same RNG as anyone else."

@GroundedWisdom , I am old enough to not live in a fairy tell world, where everything is equal for everyone, and privileges do not exist and are a fact of imagination.... You are either very innocent yourself, or you are trying to play on peoples innocence.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

Seatin provides this.... so he gets thrash champs once in a while I agree, but he keeps on landing on big OP champs more often than anyone else

Ask unnamed director if the marketing department has access to the random reward tables for the live servers of their online games.

I have some experience here. Marketing departments can, in many cases, simply hand players stuff in-game. In some MMOs you can even gain the ability to grant lootboxes directly, although this is generally audited. But I have never, ever, *ever* seen a marketing department with the power to directly tamper with the random reward tables of the live game. This is so far outside the realm of normal game operations that I would actually assume anyone telling me they witnessed this personally to be lying about it without a way to confirm it.

This is the kind of thing that only makes sense to game players, with no knowledge of how online game work in practice. Online games don't give that level of direct access to the live servers to the actual developers much less marketing people. I would sooner believe Southwest Airlines was allowing frequent fliers to land the aircraft to keep them happy.
    TL:DR - "That's my conspiracy and I'm sticking to it."
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Sungj said:

True , I hear a lot of complaints lately from players at level 46, but they've been playing for 3 years....lol, this game is a daily grind if you want to get anywhere , got to put in the time. Seatin make a 4th account and surpass those complaining , while there still sitting on their first account lol.
    In that case, why are we debating it? I've said it, they've commented themselves it's the case, we have the results of the pulls to observe....if you're convinced otherwise, then there's no point in discussing it. I disagree.
    @DNA3000 ... I might not have have knowledge of "how online game work in practice" But I got an MBA... Business do what they have to do to make money!
    G0311 said:

Sungj said:

True , I hear a lot of complaints lately from players at level 46, but they've been playing for 3 years....lol, this game is a daily grind if you want to get anywhere , got to put in the time. Seatin make a 4th account and surpass those complaining , while there still sitting on their first account lol.
    Seatin has had the experience of playing at a much more advanced level than someone picking the game up today. It's easier when you know what you're doing.
    Guy's it's been a fun argument, gotta go. Have a great one!
    Its physically impossible to change rates of random rewards for a specific player. You have no knowledge on game design or coding yet you insist on wearing that tin foil hat. Ignorance at its peak. I am sorry but I will speel it out for you: YOU ARE WRONG
This discussion has been closed.