**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Please tone this node down.

This is just too much.

Post edited by Kabam Vydious on

Comments

• Marcbat63Marcbat63 Posts: 30
    Hey guys, I understand the game has to evolve. I get the fact that you want to keep it challenging. I also understand that you’re a business. But this Hyperion mini on map5...c’mon, its ridiculous...I have people in my alliance over 1 million PL and having trouble with this “mini”. It’s an obvious cash grab, and quite unfair to free-to-play people as myself and most of my alliance...no wonder you gave us a halls of healing arena last week..y’all knew what was coming, and figured when we run out of pots, would spend real cash on units...I respectfully ask you to fix this asap...before you lose players in droves....as for AW, while I haven’t played it yet, from what I’m reading everywhere, it will be a lot easier to find matches, as alliances will be switching to AQ focused....but again, y’all probably know this....
    -MARCBATMAN
    Underground Hustlers
  • Dogor2393Dogor2393 Posts: 70
    I use Hood and i have no problem to solo him
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★
    Dogor2393 said:

I use Hood and i have no problem to solo him

What rating is your Hood? 4,5,6 star? R1-5?

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Used 4/55 duped LC. Solo'd first encounter. Timed out on the second. The oscillate is a bit much imo. While in armor phase my hits were doing 150 - 250 damage.Try LC though, he's a good match. I used MLLLL btw, for extra chance at exaustion. Held for sp3.
  • OmegaManOmegaMan Posts: 383 ★★★

Used 4/55 duped LC. Solo'd first encounter. Timed out on the second. The oscillate is a bit much imo. While in armor phase my hits were doing 150 - 250 damage.

That’s who I used for the first fight. All went well until he wouldn’t throw any specials. I took the first SP3 no issues got him to about 50% health then he went back in the corner and sit there.

Took a second SP3 without indestructible and ended my fight.

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    It's quite possible that he's overtuned for map 5. No argument there. I'll need to experience more encounters on higher days to get a better feel for the average experience. He may require a node tweak (nerf). Similar to what they did the last time when they introduced sentinels, then later nerfed. We'll see how it shakes out.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Honestly, spite is... fine I guess. Empathic lock is ridiculous. Get rid of it. It just seems insulting. Add to that, the AI behavior was unlike any other part of the game making baiting specials a whole nother nightmare?!

At the BARE MINIMUM make empathic lock 10 seconds (and that’s just me trying to seem “reasonable”) I didn’t fight the second one but oscillate... can only imagine that frustration!
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    I'm also guessing that you will need a poison immune for SW. That means now you'll need specific counters/immunities for all the mini bosses.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Ultra8529 said:

For what its worth, Hyperion was the Map 6 mini boss for the longest time.

That he has been moved down to Map 5 alone says a lot. I don't get why we have to keep increasing the difficulty of lower maps. They should stay static and let alliances move up to map 6 or 7 if they want a greater challenge.

The map 6 one was easier 😂
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    Ultra8529 said:

For what its worth, Hyperion was the Map 6 mini boss for the longest time.

That he has been moved down to Map 5 alone says a lot. I don't get why we have to keep increasing the difficulty of lower maps. They should stay static and let alliances move up to map 6 or 7 if they want a greater challenge.

Agree 100%. I moved down to a G1/Map 5 ally to take a break while still being able to make SOME progression. I understood the trade off by doing so. I would love to do 6x5, but rl obligations prevent me from being able to fully commit to Map 6 as I can't log on every 6 hours consistently.

So now it looks like if I really want a break, I'll have to either move down to Map 4 and make hardly any progression, or simply put the game down.

For the most part, I have thoroughly enjoyed the game for 4 years and would play as long as it's available. Not under these conditions. By that I mean the unaddressed bugs, unaddressed broken champion mechanics, seemingly untested AW and AQ updates, woefully outdated inventory caps, potion effectiveness, etc., etc.

Kabam, please, be honest with your customers and let us know what your intentions are with the last three months worth of updates. It feels to me like you are trying to reset the player base by pushing the "end game" players out. I'm sure that is not your goal, it's just my perspective based on the last 3 months playing the game. I hope that I'm wrong and that you can reassure me, and likely many other players out there that are in the same boat as myself, that this ship will be put back on course. Thanks.
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    edited June 2019
    Oscillate lets you bait specials really easily. I'd rather not have empathic lock at all but please don't suggest the removal of oscillate. That fury phase at the start is what's making this fight possible right now
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★

Oscillate lets you bait specials really easily. I'd rather not have empathic lock at all but please don't suggest the removal of oscillate. That fury phase at the start is what's making this fight possible right now

Yeah it work to he end op being in The aromer face then he would never trow a sp fun time
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Used 5/4/55 Vision. Worked great but could not get him under 35% before a time out.
  • N3L1T0N3L1T0 Posts: 3
    I'm sure kabam is waiting until the end of AQ week to address this... or they're not and the ones that continue to play will have to eat it or go to map 4 on hyperion weeks.
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    i agree.... total BS mini
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Use someone who can tank stuff like GP or Iceman. Actually, the best solution to most Hyperions is Luke Cage. Exhaustion can stack pretty fast and severely reduce if not reverse power gain, and he has his indestructible if you slip up at the beginning before you get a lot of exhaustion up.

@Kobster84 that’s fair. What about LC tho? He seems like a really good counter with little to no buffs, tanky, power control that isn’t power lock, safeguard.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Hawkeye