**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• JobeJobe Posts: 1
    Btw, just in case you didn’t realise, that said Hyperion cleaned out my 5* taskmaster 4/55 at 21k health one shot. Play cock?
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    This is another RNG based option but she hulk can work.really well if u are able to stack up a couple of furies quickly...I have been able to take down these hype minis with her but it's definitely RNG based as she cannot use sp1 for the first 20 seconds and it's only an 11% chance to gain those furies with normal hits..but once u stack up furies he starts throwing specials even in armour phase
  • PsykotikSlayerPsykotikSlayer Posts: 9

Ahong said:

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

Iceman doesn’t work because if fate seal
    Also this Hyperion is way too hard for map 5 difficultly especially as they didn’t update anything with map 5

I see this as a major win. It motivates players to want to move up to Map 6. This also would require them to need more resources and items.
    Kabam gets more money and the players get better rewards and better at the game by playing more.
    It’s a win for both parties 👍
    Are you grounded wisdom like seriously “ITS A MAJOR WIN WE HAVE TO SPEND MORE” how is this a win it is literally an increase in difficulty without increase in rewards
    I think your missing my point. This motivates people to want to spend because they get to have a better game experience doing Map 6. Logically I’d like to think that people want to spend because of the amazing work Kabam does at occupying our free time and grinding for more resources to do Map 6 does just that, only improved.
    How can you said motivates if map6 needs more time requirement than map5. We choice map that fit our time and map6 is out of option. Doing map6 only cause failure so its not better game experience.
    Sorry I dont think its amazing.
    Time can be made, even if it means finding a different job. Failure isn’t necessarily a bad thing because that often leads to rethinking what your doing wrong and how to do better.
    I read this as similar to when Kabam Miike tried to justify why AQ timers shouldn't be 30mins instead of an hour. At least you're kidding though
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    This isnt a cash grab, map 5 bosses are not cash grabs because map 5 players aren't whales. Its overtuned and should be reduced to a comprable difficulty of the other 2 bosses.
  • EscoutsEscouts Posts: 428

• ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★

He just needs 1 sp3 and you’re dead.

This killed me. Staggers can’t keep up with his powergain.

I started with over 50% health with void 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    IKON said:

This isnt a cash grab, map 5 bosses are not cash grabs because map 5 players aren't whales. Its overtuned and should be reduced to a comprable difficulty of the other 2 bosses.

You dont have to be a whale to spend. I dont know why people believe only 2 types of players exist: whales and f2p. Gonna hit some truthposting but its a spectrum of players, not binary

Next time I bring this guy see if I have any better luck. 😕
  • dynastyhowldynastyhowl Posts: 45
    Oscillate is a problem on the 2nd hyp. Hyp will really only hold block and gain power during the armor phase of oscillate. You pretty much need a sp3 tank champ or you will die. Also take iceman off that list because empathetic lock fate seals ice armor and I wasn't able to get it back.

sym supreme can work with his shield blessing, luke cage. Haven't tried magik on that second hyp, but she is also at a disadvantage bc of that 20 second power lock. The number of counters is a lot slimmer compared to the previous map 5 bosses which mad many many counters.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    @Escouts he won't be helpful as he would be power locked for the first 20 seconds while hype would enter his armour phase and gain power to sp3
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Escouts said:

Next time I bring this guy see if I have any better luck. 😕

Still have to live long enough to start gaining power.

On another note I love the trolls that keep suggesting using Iceman, they clearly know nothing of how the node works which means there arguing just to argue. You start with fate seal which means no ice armor unless you survive to special 3.

The fight is about luck. A few good counters which are RNG dependent. Other than that you have to bait specials which is a crapshoot at best.
    As someone who is doing map6, it isnt for everybody. You need a strong roster and many immunities or power control champs which many dont have. Also the worst part about map 6 is how long it is, you need every membed to be active at the same time and not sit on my maxed energy while awake for too long.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★

IKON said:

You dont have to be a whale to spend. I dont know why people believe only 2 types of players exist: whales and f2p. Gonna hit some truthposting but its a spectrum of players, not binary
    But nobody spends on Map 5, they may spend on completing content or get offers, but not this.

Calling stuff like this a cash grab undermines the argument imo. It is harder then it should be, making up reasons for why it's harder doesn't help, just focuses attention on how kabam is "screwing players" instead of focusing on the actual problem, a miniboss with a very small subset of counters.
    IKON said:

IKON said:

But nobody spends on Map 5, they may spend on completing content or get offers, but not this.

Calling stuff like this a cash grab undermines the argument imo. It is harder then it should be, making up reasons for why it's harder doesn't help, just focuses attention on how kabam is "screwing players" instead of focusing on the actual problem, a miniboss with a very small subset of counters.
    How do you know people dont spend for map 5? When I started doing map5 then I would spend a little to be able to finish my path. I know tons of people who spend in AQ. Just because you dont doesnt mean others dont. Hyperion can be argued as a cash grab if everyone on your team dies due to extremely hard mini so you have to use revives to continue.
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    If these intentions are to push map 6 on ppl, it's not going to work and is optics by certain individuals to push an agenda... Will not work... Instead ppl will quit, after a long history of similar tactics by kabam
  • Abs_JusticeAbs_Justice Posts: 10
    the least kabam can do is to make this hyperion's SP extremely easy to bait, which is apparently not the case for now. and this aq mini boss has since become another molded joke kabam made to charge you on your sickness
    Mcord117 said:

Last 2 comments are arguing semantics. Allow me to fix

Hyperion is a potential item sink. How you obtain those items is up for debate

There is a limit to every resource in the game, how do you break that limit? Cash, hence cash grab
  • SkkcSkkc Posts: 110
    They have gotten so much more greedy lately. The game is doing well but they are loosing the trust of the community
  • RakeYoungRakeYoung Posts: 472 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    AlexG29 said:

I've tried SS 3 times btw, it just isn't as easy as theorized. He died all 3 times. I took Magik of the same rank and she has killed 3/4 of the fights. But one of them I got lucky because he got his L3 and let me parry him so it could be 2/4 easily enough.

I've done the same, and already spent way more items than i used to spend in a whole week(0 items) of AQ before the change.

my issue is that with SS you have to be aggressive and lucky to get staggers on him for when he proc's power gain, then add to the fact that he cant even gain power for the first 20 seconds or so.

all the while trying to drain his power by baiting specials, its doable but on day 2 my r4 SS is barely getting by and thats with using revives and pots purchased with glory.

i've never even spent this many items in AW let alone AQ, i hope Kabam can at least remove the Empathetic Lock or reduce the time that it lasts at the very least.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I haven’t played this map 5 yet, but it sounds like Dormammu might be your best counter since he can power control a bit with just his medium attacks. Then survive to use Dorm’s sp2 and you’re golden. Obviously not a perfect strategy, but worth a shot. Good luck!
    Mcord117 said:

If these intentions are to push map 6 on ppl, it's not going to work and is optics by certain individuals to push an agenda... Will not work... Instead ppl will quit, after a long history of similar tactics by kabam

It isn’t only because of Hyperion but I am stepping down for now after this map. Hyperion and it’s nodes as well as the new war map and the class restrictions for act 6 are a clear indication to the direction Kabam is taking this game. For me, it’s not a path worth traveling so my son will get to play my account and I will come back if I ever feel like it
    Yup, most of my ppl are too and I'm connected to a lot of high alliances. O and don't fret about some counters on here. It's paid opposition by the very minut minority. They know who they are. Out of one comes many.
    Wicket329 said:

I haven’t played this map 5 yet, but it sounds like Dormammu might be your best counter since he can power control a bit with just his medium attacks. Then survive to use Dorm’s sp2 and you’re golden. Obviously not a perfect strategy, but worth a shot. Good luck!

Nope lol, already tried. LC is best option along with Sym, but it's all chance and when he oscillates he just goes into his little corner and powergains