**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• VuskaVuska Posts: 175

Start the fight without gaining power, without you heal, without your abilities, that is, Hyperion fills E3 and is over, this nod destroys what can be counter against him.
    Kabam lost his notion on the nodes of this Hyperion.
    Clearly want to see people spend up on the M5

With all due respect...
    Luke cage duped
    Iceman
    Ghost with hood
    Can all tank sp3

Hood
    Symbiote supreme
    Morningstar
    Void (with some luck on debuffs)
    All have abilities that nullify or stop his powergain

There's probably alot more than im just thinking off the top of my head! Map 5 is only 8 paths generally, so have a decidated person to bring a champ for hyperion, that's how we've managed to get through it (we run 665 so far this week)

That being said... Without a solid counter it is a very difficult fight! And the node cripples his main 2 counters in magik and void! And the rewards increase do not match the difficulty increase... Definitely think overall that emphatic lock node needs to be replaced by something else!

Alpha Scorpion
    Not Iceman... since beginning his ice armor will never ready even after 20 secs.

Ghost with hood is good
  • Dead_mutation1Dead_mutation1 Posts: 20
    Kabam employees please could you relay back to the powers that be your side, that the hyperion mini boss is way over the top and needs to be changed to a different character ASAP. Thank you
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    A fraction of ppl have a R5 Void. I do on one account but only one other person does in my alliance
  • Like this game couldn’t get any worse they make it impossible to beat the mini boss without using all the resources we have. Kabaam is going to lose a lot of players...
  • AttliaAttlia Posts: 63
    I hope people telling that we have counters will post awesome videos of them to help community in general and will avoid mocking the honest people here who have genuine concerns. Cheers to he who must not be named. I hope this is not inflammatory. Besides inflammation is bodies defense mechanism against harmful substances.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Alright folks time to get your mephisto out...
  • sirilliosirillio Posts: 2
    Guys please do something cause Hyperion as miniboss in AQ5 is impossible. 20 sec without buff and eh is charging power as fast as only Hyp can do is too much. At the level of this Hyp one special 3 kill is enough to kill directory also a 5star rank4
    you are exxagerating with difficulty ...also in monthly mission...really...a lot of people is thnking about leaving the game this way
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    raffster said:

This is cash grab. No ifs and buts about it.

3 x R5 5*s can’t take a mini boss in AQ down?

Makes Maestro in LOL look too easy...

Not throwing any shade but if 3 maxed 5 stars can't take him down they were either the wrong 5 stars or the players were not very good or both.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I don’t play map 5 and never will.. but I use GP a lot for hyper in other formats of the game.

She never dies and can take as many sp3 as he can give out so as long as you can intercept them no problem
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Also.. she does serious damage once do lvl3 and then constant armour break
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102
    The main problem is when he enters his armour phase in oscillate. That's complete bs. Won't charge specials and will gain power all the way to sp3. Void is all RNG and yes Luke Cage seems to be a great counter still applying those exhaustions all depends on rng.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    my SS 5* R4 is awaken, high sig no prob.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Now you're just reaching
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Getting real tired of this ****. I used a few possibility best champion to counter Hyperion but I be damned that I lost so easy to him. The most problematic node idea ever made. Are kabam trying to kill map5 or what? No wonder they put the classic Thanos instead of the Infinity gauntlet Thanos version to make the map much harder than it should be.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

That is a very different situation. You had time to get his persistent charges up (congrats btw) but counters do exist and this balance is healthy for the player base and Kabam

It’s not balanced he’s a map 5 mini boss who’s harder than the map 7 boss
    It gives players the mindset to want to ditch Map 5. I think this was intentional so Kabam can get more alliances to test out Map 6. They want us to progress more, and they should be appreciated for their clever node choices that accomplished this.
    Youre just repeating yourself constantly the point of map 5 is that it should be easier the map 6/7 but is not the case with this new AQ
    You think map 5 is harder then map 7?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

My alliance has had no issues with him. Yeah he gets some kills... big whoop. Why is it mandatory that every boss should be able to be soloed?

The gripes about AW are warranted. The gripes about Hyperion aren’t. You have 30 champs to work with. Even if you sacrifice 5 champs per mini, you are still left with 20 champs which is more than enough to clear using no items.

I’m at a point where I’m getting close to 100% everything and once I come back to the game will probably start doing map 6 but this is too hard for map 5 level
  • CheddarBobCheddarBob Posts: 64
    Mcord117 said:

My alliance has had no issues with him. Yeah he gets some kills... big whoop. Why is it mandatory that every boss should be able to be soloed?

The gripes about AW are warranted. The gripes about Hyperion aren’t. You have 30 champs to work with. Even if you sacrifice 5 champs per mini, you are still left with 20 champs which is more than enough to clear using no items.

On its face I could agree with this comment if not for a couple issues

1) not all players are as good as each other. Some struggle to not use items to complete aq without even touching a boss

2) not everyone is up and on at the same time so a boss staying up while some are sitting on energy crunches time on the map and makes completing more challenging .

3) not everyone has one of the select potential counters at a respectable rank

4) and most importantly, this has never been an issue prior in map 5. If the difficulty level is going to increase to the extent that mini boss fights are now all hands on deck, then maybe a corresponding bump in rewards is due
    Great sensible, objective statement brother.
  • Time4ASpankingTime4ASpanking Posts: 199
    raffster said:

Please tone this node down.

This is just too much.

I agree man, there isn't really any way to combat his 3rd special which is basically a 1 hit kill without gwenpool or baiting specials and that doesn't always work and takes a lot of time up when you are on a 3 minute timer
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    If you have a void and get petrify on hype early on pretty easy fight. just bait l1 rinse and repeat. Fought him couple times didn't have any issue, but I did get lucky to put petrify on him early on. He was also cooperating with throwing l1 constantly.
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Viper83 said:

If you have a void and get petrify on hype early on pretty easy fight. just bait l1 rinse and repeat. Fought him couple times didn't have any issue, but I did get lucky to put petrify on him early on. He was also cooperating with throwing l1 constantly.

You've just said a major problem that people are having, when the abilities are RNG based, like Voids petrify and Luke Cage's exhaustion, as opposed to Hyperion's gauranteed power gain combined with the nodes as the mini boss, the game is no longer about skill, it is purely based on RNG if you can win the fight or not. It's all good saying this can do that, or that can do this, when it's based on a random chance if happening or not, regardless of your roster or skills, it becomes an unwinnable situation which is most likely what annoying everyone.

As it has been said once Hyperion goes on the defensive, pretty much all he does is stand there holding block whilst gaining power before he 1 hits you with his SP3, which theres not much you can do about it.