**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    edited June 2019
    I totally understand and agree with what being said by others. And I'm not saying he is easy to deal with. Also void isn't much reliable option(rng). And that's why I mentioned few time I got lucky with RNG.

TBH seems like it was designed to milk the player base.

Viper83 said:

If you have a void and get petrify on hype early on pretty easy fight. just bait l1 rinse and repeat. Fought him couple times didn't have any issue, but I did get lucky to put petrify on him early on. He was also cooperating with throwing l1 constantly.

You've just said a major problem that people are having, when the abilities are RNG based, like Voids petrify and Luke Cage's exhaustion, as opposed to Hyperion's gauranteed power gain combined with the nodes as the mini boss, the game is no longer about skill, it is purely based on RNG if you can win the fight or not. It's all good saying this can do that, or that can do this, when it's based on a random chance if happening or not, regardless of your roster or skills, it becomes an unwinnable situation which is most likely what annoying everyone.

As it has been said once Hyperion goes on the defensive, pretty much all he does is stand there holding block whilst gaining power before he 1 hits you with his SP3, which theres not much you can do about it.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★

Zuro said:

Kobster84 said:

That is a very different situation. You had time to get his persistent charges up (congrats btw) but counters do exist and this balance is healthy for the player base and Kabam

It’s not balanced he’s a map 5 mini boss who’s harder than the map 7 boss
    It gives players the mindset to want to ditch Map 5. I think this was intentional so Kabam can get more alliances to test out Map 6. They want us to progress more, and they should be appreciated for their clever node choices that accomplished this.
    Youre just repeating yourself constantly the point of map 5 is that it should be easier the map 6/7 but is not the case with this new AQ
    You think map 5 is harder then map 7?
    No I don't but people are claimimg so
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    Viper83 said:

I totally understand and agree with what being said by others. And I'm not saying he is easy to deal with. Also void isn't much reliable option(rng). And that's why I mentioned few time I got lucky with RNG.

TBH seems like it was designed to milk the player base.

Yup, couldn't agree more that it seems to be designed to get units and cash out of people and to make them waste all the items from HoH.

More so when you consider that given the mods have merged/moved topics regarding this, but seem to be refusing to comment on it as well.

Watch them put SW on sale.. Very predictable lol

This was actually what I was thinking would happen. Who better to take in Hyperion than a R5 duped 5* Scarlet Witch?
    If only they made her available as a 5*, last I checked you could only get 1/2/3/4* versions with the 5* version Kabam saying they have no intention of releasing due to her being to OP
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Pretty sure the mods are gonna say "We are discussing this issue. The initial intention is to evolve the game to make it more fun for the players and keeping boredom away. We will analyze the data and feedback before we can make any decision".

Anyway, where are they? Should I start tagging them? Don't care if it gets Flagged when the situation really needs an attention. Look at all these feedbacks!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Haven't fought on this node; so don't have all the details; but if Dr Voodoo works, then presumably Hype isn't shielded against Nullify?

Mephisto would sound like a good bet.
    Awakened Dr Strange?
    Awakened CAIW paired with a Tech champion, to Petrify him?
  • XManBarry1XManBarry1 Posts: 28
    Super easy with Mephisto. His soul entrapment just stops his power gain from happening, and his s3 knocks out two bars of power instantly. Plus class advantage. My alliance is doing well with Void as well.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Mephisto times out as his damage is too low. Soul entrapment does not block Spite. L3 is usable only once for power drain per matchup.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Cyporg said:

This guy works fine for me. What everyone doesn't have one? Power locks him the whole way.

Nah fam, I dont have a duped 6 star doc ock

Gmonkey said:

Doc ock works great. Spark can work. Symbionts supreme. Someone has to have those champs

I agree with you. There are plenty of counters. Kabam is giving us a challenge like many people have been asking to get.
    Is it a challenge to have one of a half dozen champs (at most)? I fail to see the skill or challenge in that...?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Gmonkey said:

Doc ock works great. Spark can work. Symbionts supreme. Someone has to have those champs

Sparky doesn’t really work that well because of oscillate defensive
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 274 ★★
    I have an R3 duped SS as well, he's difficult to make work, the RNG on his stagger sometimes screws you. I tried him today and didn't get a stagger in two 5 hit combos. Sometimes I get 3 staggers in one 5 hit combo. Doc Oc has been much more reliable. Sucks that he has a class disadvantage. Might time out on day 5.

Cyporg said:

This guy works fine for me. What everyone doesn't have one? Power locks him the whole way.

Aren't you also powerlocking yourself and gimping your damage though?
    Only for the first part of the fight when empathic lock is active.
    Cyporg said:

It's all good saying that certain counters work/don't work, but when the chance of getting champions is random, that's basically saying tough luck if you don't have champions X Y Z, if you do you're golden.

Right now as it stands, if you don't have a certain set of counters, even if you were comfortably completing map 5 in the last season, you're screwed. Not everyone has the perfect roster, or even have the new counters awakened, whereas previously they were useful, but not required like they are now.
    KOKC said:

I don't see anything wrong with this node. I was able to 1 shot it with sparky... Maybe you guys are just bad. Quit crying about this, I personally LOVE the challenge though.

What rank is your sparky and can we see said one shot
    Cyporg said:

Cyporg said:

Every time you power lock him empathic lock activates again

Cyporg said:

Cyporg said:

You mean when Power Lock is active? Doesn't the power lock you refresh on him get reapplied to you also? Or reapplication doesn't count?
    No the power lock you put on him doesn't get applied to back on you. I'm not sure if it would during empathic lock, but it certainly doesn't after that expires.
    Cyporg said:

Cyporg said:

Cyporg said:

You mean when Power Lock is active? Doesn't the power lock you refresh on him get reapplied to you also? Or reapplication doesn't count?
    No the power lock you put on him doesn't get applied to back on you. I'm not sure if it would during empathic lock, but it certainly doesn't after that expires.
    It does get put back on you I think it’s just because duped doc ocs power lock isn’t actually a power lock
  • ZENZEN Posts: 151
    edited June 2019
    AlexG29 said:

I've tried SS 3 times btw, it just isn't as easy as theorized. He died all 3 times. I took Magik of the same rank and she has killed 3/4 of the fights. But one of them I got lucky because he got his L3 and let me parry him so it could be 2/4 easily enough.

you're not using him right. lol. I used SS since day 1 of map 5 and never died.

48 items used across 3 BGs on day 2 for 6/6/5 when that number would normally be less than 5 items used. All for the same rewards.

Prior mini's just required a certain relatively generic ability or skill - anyone that could power lock, anyone that is bleed immune, heal block, etc. The node design in combination with Hyperion's innate abilities is too much of a pigeonhole to be viable for AQ. Solo content? Fine.