**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• CyporgCyporg Posts: 274 ★★
    Empathic lock only lasts for 10 seconds, so after that I don't see any reason why you'd powerlock yourself by placing one on Hyp. Let me know if I missed something. Doc Oc is a pretty solid counter. I can one shot the first hyp, the second one is much harder, more of a team effort because he gets so defensive.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Cyporg said:

Empathic lock only lasts for 10 seconds, so after that I don't see any reason why you'd powerlock yourself by placing one on Hyp. Let me know if I missed something. Doc Oc is a pretty solid counter. I can one shot the first hyp, the second one is much harder, more of a team effort because he gets so defensive.

• Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303

Watch them put SW on sale.. Very predictable lol

This was actually what I was thinking would happen. Who better to take in Hyperion than a R5 duped 5* Scarlet Witch?
    If only they made her available as a 5*, last I checked you could only get 1/2/3/4* versions with the 5* version Kabam saying they have no intention of releasing due to her being to OP
    That's my point @Jawarrior2001. I was saying they'll introduce her now that this node combo exists so people will want her even more.
    Yeah I can see it now

Having trouble with Alliance Quest Map 5 Hyperion?
    Get a 5* Scarlet Witch with FREE awakening gem
    Only $400
  • AfflictionAffliction Posts: 382 ★★
    I particularly love how the tread was merged but no comments have been made about their cash grab and needing OP champs for MAP5! not 6. Not 7. FIVE. Should be able to easily do with 5/50 4*'s no matter the prestige. Its AQ!!! Get in get out is what its suppose to be. Especially for map 5. This content right now just complete 💩 $ grab.
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    Gwenpool ?

• XManBarry1XManBarry1 Posts: 28
    Madcat said:

Mephisto times out as his damage is too low. Soul entrapment does not block Spite. L3 is usable only once for power drain per matchup.

All true, except I can still one shot him with an unduped r4 Mephisto. You guys are complaining far too much, you just haven’t figured out how to effectively beat him yet. My alliance has it down by day 3.

• DoggieHouzDoggieHouz Posts: 26
    If you want to help post a Video on Youtube fight 2 Hyperion mini Day 1 - 5.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★

Start the fight without gaining power, without you heal, without your abilities, that is, Hyperion fills E3 and is over, this nod destroys what can be counter against him.
    Kabam lost his notion on the nodes of this Hyperion.
    Clearly want to see people spend up on the M5

With all due respect...
    Luke cage duped
    Iceman
    Ghost with hood
    Can all tank sp3

Hood
    Symbiote supreme
    Morningstar
    Void (with some luck on debuffs)
    All have abilities that nullify or stop his powergain

There's probably alot more than im just thinking off the top of my head! Map 5 is only 8 paths generally, so have a decidated person to bring a champ for hyperion, that's how we've managed to get through it (we run 665 so far this week)

That being said... Without a solid counter it is a very difficult fight! And the node cripples his main 2 counters in magik and void! And the rewards increase do not match the difficulty increase... Definitely think overall that emphatic lock node needs to be replaced by something else!

Alpha Scorpion
    Have you tried that iceman ?? Delete that list. Spite node make him like a clown fiesta
  • SirDuke_83SirDuke_83 Posts: 27
    It's funny, all these science options and they're the class at a disadvantage for this week. How coincidental that the best options are hindered by the nodes then the next best options are hindered by the global node then any other good options are hurt by class disadvantage. I don't mind a challenge but once again it seems kabam released content without proper testing, poor form kalame
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    On first hyperion 1 tried use SW and take him to 35% left. On hyperion 2 used sparky 4/55 and take him to 45%. Overall.. I AM LUCKY. So many times this hyperion was on 3 bar power and my SW power steal and lock him. Same with sparky, 3 bar power and randomly heavy him. On hyperion 2, i dont know why this dude always hold block, it's like he know that his power gain with that spite make him easily troll me. Hyperion be like "take your time dude, i'm going to relax first by holding block. Eh, wow now my power is full, you died"
  • This definitely needs to be toned down. This is a **** fight to do. Chances of doing him well.is too narrow and doesnt not fit into the map5 span.

Cyporg said:

This guy works fine for me. What everyone doesn't have one? Power locks him the whole way.

It's all good saying that certain counters work/don't work, but when the chance of getting champions is random, that's basically saying tough luck if you don't have champions

There’s been 10 champs that have been listed as good counters, surely out of 30 people in the alliance, the alliance is going to have some of these champs. It’ll be a matter of ranking them up.

Has anybody tried quake yet? Quake should be great too, providing you bait out his initial power surge.

• MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    edited June 2019

Madcat said:

Mephisto times out as his damage is too low. Soul entrapment does not block Spite. L3 is usable only once for power drain per matchup.

All true, except I can still one shot him with an unduped r4 Mephisto. You guys are complaining far too much, you just haven’t figured out how to effectively beat him yet. My alliance has it down by day 3.

@XManBarry1 What is your starting AQ PI? From your earlier posts... maybe 7k at most? Let me know how day 5 goes, as that should be comparable to our Day 1. Also, please show me a solo shot on the 2nd Hyperion.
  • VuskaVuska Posts: 175
    edited June 2019
    Let us see what that Hyperion will be at day 5... 😂 with maybe like 25-35k Hyperion

but... its ok.. new season so new adjustment...
    Madcat said:

Madcat said:

@XManBarry1 What is your starting AQ PI? From your earlier posts... maybe 7k at most? Let me know how day 5 goes, as that should be comparable to our Day 1. Also, please show me a solo shot on the 2nd Hyperion.
    Yup, starting PI right at 7k. Looks like we’ll rank higher in AQ since the elite alliances can’t hack it. I’ll make a video next time I fight him and send it to you.

Madcat said:

Gmonkey said:

Doc ock works great. Spark can work. Symbionts supreme. Someone has to have those champs

I agree with you. There are plenty of counters. Kabam is giving us a challenge like many people have been asking to get.
    Is it a challenge to have one of a half dozen champs (at most)? I fail to see the skill or challenge in that...?
    Fights can still be won without using a hard counter. You have 10 people in a Battleground and 30 in an alliance. Surely at least 3 people have the counters. Just takes some strategy to organize BGs. If your alliance does not have these counters, Kabam is just trying to tell you that Map 4 is more at your current level.
    Quicksilver nailed it. Instead of whining about how you can’t beat him on the forums, why don’t you take the time to strategize and organize a plan to beat him with your alliance. It’s not easy, but it’s doable.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Quicksilver said above that he’s only running map 3 though. My ally is still trying to find better ways to take down Hype, so not whining. But those who are not actually experiencing him firsthand should really refrain from commenting here. Unless of course, it’s their job to defend kabam in these forums.
    ezgoing said:

Quicksilver said above that he’s only running map 3 though. My ally is still trying to find better ways to take down Hype, so not whining. But those who are not actually experiencing him firsthand should really refrain from commenting here. Unless of course, it’s their job to defend kabam in these forums.

Use Void and Mephisto, we’ve had success with them.
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    So far dr ock is also looking promising for us, my BG at least. Lol. Then there’s SW, and starky - although both RNG dependent. Don’t think we have a highly ranked void or mephisto in my BG - I definitely don’t have them as 5*.

ezgoing said:

Use Void and Mephisto, we’ve had success with them.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Madcat said:

Gmonkey said:

Doc ock works great. Spark can work. Symbionts supreme. Someone has to have those champs

I agree with you. There are plenty of counters. Kabam is giving us a challenge like many people have been asking to get.
    Is it a challenge to have one of a half dozen champs (at most)? I fail to see the skill or challenge in that...?
    Fights can still be won without using a hard counter. You have 10 people in a Battleground and 30 in an alliance. Surely at least 3 people have the counters. Just takes some strategy to organize BGs. If your alliance does not have these counters, Kabam is just trying to tell you that Map 4 is more at your current level.
    If people didnt have any problem before this change then surely this means that the new map is harder right? If thats the case then rewards should scale with difficulty dont you agree?

Madcat said:

Gmonkey said:

If people didnt have any problem before this change then surely this means that the new map is harder right? If thats the case then rewards should scale with difficulty dont you agree?
    I disagree. This is a brand new map with new challenges that people just haven’t figured out yet. The old map was out for over a year, so the community had a looooong today me to master it. This map has been out for 2 days. It’ll take weeks or months for alliances to rank up the appropriate champs and practice to master and the new challenges.
  • NihilussNihiluss Posts: 23
    The only thing that can make him a bs fight, at least for me, is that he’s not throwing his special attacks. I’ve fought him twice, and barely could do something, cause I try to make him throw his SP1, but no... he gains the power right dor his SP3... and after that, nothing to do hahahaha

This really need to be corrected; specially bc map 5 shouldn’t be this hard... IT’ S MAP 5!!
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★

Madcat said:

Gmonkey said:

I disagree. This is a brand new map with new challenges that people just haven’t figured out yet. The old map was out for over a year, so the community had a looooong today me to master it. This map has been out for 2 days. It’ll take weeks or months for alliances to rank up the appropriate champs and practice to master and the new challenges.
    The only difference and diffculty is the miniboss hyperion on some really bad nodes. People have fought hyperion on spite and oscillate before so its not like we have no idea. Also I never found map 5 hard when I started it regardless of how long its been. Ask anyone who started map 5 a month before the new season and they will tell you that this miniboss is harder. There is a whole BG in my alliance that share this opinion.
  • Sour_poi808Sour_poi808 Posts: 8
    Obvious cash grab. Get rid of the empathic lock.