**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Empty tiles sending buffs in wars?

Is this normal?

Comments

• MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★

• Chris_118Chris_118 Posts: 28
    Looks like it's just a visual bug as gulk doesn't have the purple outline of a linked defender.

If you look at the nodes on gulk does it show any incoming?
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Terra said:

Huh. I guess Drax is skulking around the battlerealm again

he's so invisible... so scary...
    Yes. He’s receiving the linked node. And it’s
    Chris_118 said:

Looks like it's just a visual bug as gulk doesn't have the purple outline of a linked defender.

If you look at the nodes on gulk does it show any incoming?

It’s not a visual error. Here’s a pic from other side where me sinister is receiving from node 45 Resistor andForce of will. Showing it’s active on him even though no champs in tile 45

It’s visual error

MetalJake said:

It’s not a visual error. Here’s a pic from other side where me sinister is receiving from node 45 Resistor andForce of will. Showing it’s active on him even though no champs in tile 45

It’s visual error

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    If you're clicking on the Node Icon, it will show you all the Nodes and Paths, whether you have Champs on them or not.
    Read the nodes incoming to Mr. sinister. Under INCOMING it shows the buff coming from an empty tile, tile 45 which I wanted to outline in 2nd pic..
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    They did say they were scaling up the difficulty a little to make it harder to 100%
    MetalJake said:

Read the nodes incoming to Mr. sinister. Under INCOMING it shows the buff coming from an empty tile, tile 45 which I wanted to outline in 2nd pic..

Only if you have a Champ on it is it live. Otherwise, it's just in the display.
    Where do u get that information? If the node is active in the INCOMING tab of the champions portrait then I have to expect it to be active for the fight right?
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

MetalJake said:

His pic is showing it active when he selects the sinister on the powered node. If it was strictly visual it would normally be just the purple arrows. Since it stated that it is active one would have to assume it's more than a visual glitch. Only way to know for sure will be when you attempt the fight
    Yea, that’s not confusing....
    May be active, may not be active, who knows??? Maybe the person doing the fight would like to know?!
    Dshu said:

MetalJake said:

His pic is showing it active when he selects the sinister on the powered node. If it was strictly visual it would normally be just the purple arrows. Since it stated that it is active one would have to assume it's more than a visual glitch. Only way to know for sure will be when you attempt the fight
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    When you go into the champion select screen does the link ability that is not supposed to appear still appear?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★

When you go into the champion select screen does the link ability that is not supposed to appear still appear?

yes as shown in one of the screenshots
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★

yes as shown in one of the screenshots
    No not the map screen, i mean the champion selection screen where you pick a champion to use before you begin the fight
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    real easy, a 4 star 5/50 as a boss will have X rating based on the local node, multiplied by whatever champ boost multiplier the three surrounding minibosses supply. that 16k rating seems about right with 1 miniboss active.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    It could be that since crossing an empty tile rewards you the full 240 point attack bonus, that it expects you to cross that tile to take down the buff. (not saying that it's how it should be....just guessing at what is causing it)
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,582 Guardian
    Used to be that only during Defensive Placement would you see all the potential purple support links even without a defender on that node yet.
    But once the Attack started, then any of those outgoing support nodes that were empty would NO LONGER show any purple links (and definitely would not actually have such “empty supports” on the fight selection screen either).
    Can you let us know what was live when it was fought?
  • Romo790Romo790 Posts: 139
    edited June 2019
    MetalJake said:

Yes. It's normal. I've been in a retirement alliance with some friends and we used to run aw. We were running with 5 people in 1 battle group vs full battle groups of 10. We ended up getting some hilarious wins because the other alliances did not realize that they still needed to clear nodes that didn't have defenders on them. We would sit back and watch the kills add up and enjoyed some truly epic victories.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    Romo790 said:

MetalJake said:

Yes. It's normal. I've been in a retirement alliance with some friends and we used to run aw. We were running with 5 people in 1 battle group vs full battle groups of 10. We ended up getting some hilarious wins because the other alliances did not realize that they still needed to clear nodes that didn't have defenders on them. We would sit back and watch the kills add up and enjoyed some truly epic victories.
    That has never been the case in my AW play. If a node that has outgoing links didn't have a defender on it the outgoing link effect wouldn't be active.