**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is Wars Same Difficultly or More Difficult?

MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
Kabam has said Wars not getting a boost in rewards this season because the map is the same difficulty as previous version. What’s your opinion?

Is Wars Same Difficultly or More Difficult? 95 votes

“Easier” Difficulty
5%
RonaldRaygunEtjamaQuicksilver245diegobdias84Dkiller123 5 votes
“Same” Difficulty
8%
ArcDeAngelusTerraNotcho59Sixshot1Nitro422MrTicTac19992008My_SuperiorLibertyPrimeV1 8 votes
“Harder” Difficulty
86%
Vdh2008RektorBigPoppaCBONECaptain_KandiceDrZolarazielTimone147Maximus_SpankersonLouridoTamamortSiriusBreakUbersoulbuuNanoDroidForwardDmo1973RikuremaCheddarBobRotellySolrac_2 82 votes

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    “Same” Difficulty
    Depends on the tier. I blast throu about everything thrown at me, but I've seen some of the higher ranked nodes. Looks absolutely bs
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    “Same” Difficulty

I think with enough time to study new nodes, experience fighting against them, and new skills that only come with practice. This new map will not seem so difficult as it currently does. Especially since Hidden Nodes are nearly nonexistent.

I love the removal of hidden nodes. This is the first time I've gotten to bring Archangel into war, because I know he won't be randomly hard-countered by a bleed immune champ.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    “Harder” Difficulty
    I dont think anyone who is in a decently high tier would say its the same difficulty. Most people who say same difficulty are in very low tiers where the nodes are identically easy to previous layout but map isnt hidden anymore.
  • Notcho59Notcho59 Posts: 116
    “Same” Difficulty
    I like the revealed champs. Most of the nodes are easier than before with the exception of Aegis and a lot are the same.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    “Same” Difficulty
    I don't know if I'd say Harder, but there's definitely a lot more Unavoidable Damage Nodes which just makes them more annoying.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    “Same” Difficulty
    Most paths are easier, with the exception of a few that seem so much harder. Needs balancing.
  • DonChingonDonChingon Posts: 12
    it wasn’t “intended” to be more difficult.
    They “cannot” change that as, it “always” was that way.
    “Harder” Difficulty
    Lainua said:

Lol. Looks at the poll then posts below make me wondering am I reading same thread?

Majority choose harder but big mouths stole the show as usual.

And to my dismay none of them gave any decent argument for their opinion
    “Harder” Difficulty

Lainua said:

Lol. Looks at the poll then posts below make me wondering am I reading same thread?

Wrong opinions can exist...baseless opinions can also exist...saying its just your opinion is admitting you cant handle a refutation. I will gladly debate on the opinions laid out
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    “Harder” Difficulty
    It’s a personal opinion poll..no

Lainua said:

Wrong opinions can exist...baseless opinions can also exist...saying its just your opinion is admitting you cant handle a refutation. I will gladly debate on the opinions laid out
    Saying you have an opinion on a subject does not mean you can’t handle refutation, it just means you see the situation differently than the next person and I asked others personal opinions for context on why the next person feels the way they do that I may currently be overlooking
    “Harder” Difficulty

Lainua said:

You missed the double entendre; you have not given a decent argument for your own opinion. What you said is just like your opinion man - unfounded.
    The fact that alliances cant clear the same content is backing up my opinion statistically. The fact that you cant abuse certain nodes with champs that kabam havent tested out properly like rhino or darkhawk on aegis or thing on safeguard that will make you time out. The only reason you would say same diffculty of easy is if you play in a lower tier where the only main difference is layout which is better imo but simply reading the buffs will make you realize its harder. If i say Act 3 is harder than Act 6 then it doesnt simply become an opinion, it becomes a stupid 'opinion' that isnt backed up by any statistics or logic.
    “Harder” Difficulty
    MetalJake said:

It’s a personal opinion poll..no

Lainua said:

Saying you have an opinion on a subject does not mean you can’t handle refutation, it just means you see the situation differently than the next person and I asked others personal opinions for context on why the next person feels the way they do that I may currently be overlooking

That was my original comment tho...I havent seen any comment that would make me understand their PoV or make me aware of other stuff that I may have overlooked...
    “Harder” Difficulty
    The only opinion I asked for was to click 1 of 3 options. I didn’t ask people to justify their stance just state the stance in the POLL
    “Harder” Difficulty
    MetalJake said:

The only opinion I asked for was to click 1 of 3 options. I didn’t ask people to justify their stance just state the stance in the POLL

I wasnt referring to your poll, I was reffering to the comments...
    “Harder” Difficulty
    I hear ya I’m still getting used to the format of the forums. Kinda confusing when trying to follow a particular comment for more than 2 secs

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Just like how new bosses each month are usually harder than they actually are.

Let the transition/adapting phase finish first before commenting on the map’s difficulty.
    “Harder” Difficulty

Lainua said:

You missed the double entendre; you have not given a decent argument for your own opinion. What you said is just like your opinion man - unfounded.
    The fact that alliances cant clear the same content is backing up my opinion statistically. The fact that you cant abuse certain nodes with champs that kabam havent tested out properly like rhino or darkhawk on aegis or thing on safeguard that will make you time out. The only reason you would say same diffculty of easy is if you play in a lower tier where the only main difference is layout which is better imo but simply reading the buffs will make you realize its harder. If i say Act 3 is harder than Act 6 then it doesnt simply become an opinion, it becomes a stupid 'opinion' that isnt backed up by any statistics or logic.
    1) It’s not the same content, many alliances can still clear it, and since you don’t have access to actual statistics I’ll call you a liar.

2) Great observation; some nodes are more difficult than others. Thing has a tough node now? Wow that was unheard of before. I guess we’ll have to adapt to new challenges.

3) I play on Challenger tier. Most players play on or below that tier. Are all their opinions invalid?

4) The rest of your post is a straw man argument likening your opponents to someone that would think, “Act 3 is harder than Act 6.” There is no reason to slander someone with ham fisted analogies when the truth will do.
    My alliance, opposing alliance, reddit screenshots of alliances, youtube vids of AW. The information available is point to one direction. I find it funny how you didnt mention darkhawk or rhino but okay, whatever floats your boat I guess.If You think the game is binary and that every hard content is the same cuz you attach the word hard then there is a lot for you to learn, diffculty is a spectrum not binary so your argument is flawed despite the sarcasm. My opinion on content I dont try out isnt valid or at least to the degree of others who have tried it. I am not gonna give my opinions on map 7 for example because I have never tried it. I can give my opinions based on what I read and see others do but in this thread I havent seen any such example. The last example was anlaogy to depict how opinions can be wrong as well as baseless, I dont see the slander and I think you are completely misunderstanding the point
    “Harder” Difficulty
    xNig said:

Let the transition/adapting phase finish first before commenting on the map’s difficulty.

Fair enough. That being said when we realize they are easier than expected then are they actually in fact easy or are they just easier than we initially thought? For example the Thanos boss last month. I thought he was insane at first, i practiced him a few times and got him down and I realized he isnt as bad as I initially thought. So he is in fact easier than I expected but I never found him easy per say. He is still the hardest UC boss I have fought apart from Darkhawk(for other reasons)
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Fair enough. That being said when we realize they are easier than expected then are they actually in fact easy or are they just easier than we initially thought? For example the Thanos boss last month. I thought he was insane at first, i practiced him a few times and got him down and I realized he isnt as bad as I initially thought. So he is in fact easier than I expected but I never found him easy per say. He is still the hardest UC boss I have fought apart from Darkhawk(for other reasons)
    It most likely is harder than the previous iteration, but definitely not “money grab” level imo. It just takes some planning and getting used to.

Similarly, when the old iteration was first released, we had the same complaints as we currently have as well.

My method of handling it is to spend some time to do proper path allocations based on roster and see how things pan out. As long as people have the right champs to handle the nodes, it won’t be too insane.

No one in my alliances is saying that the nodes are BS. They admit they’re tough, but more often than not, they die because they didnt read or understand what the node was saying/implying (eg Inverted Bleed + Poison, had guys bring Vision in and wondered why he died in half a minute). Things should get better after people know what they’re getting in to.