**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Early Look: New Alliance Wars Maps - Discussion Thread

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    Maybe Kabam should have some of the AW guys shadow the character design guys. Those guys get it and their work seems a labor of love. The AW crew throws up some bs garbage on the poorly planned maps, tells Miike and co some nonsense so they sound like fools when they tell us about it, and thinks the height of innovation is moar passive damage. SMH.
  • There's 2 major changes I would love to see. 1st, and foremost, the removal of 1 link per section (in regards to the left, middle, and right) so Alliances are not REQUIRED to have 9 players available immediately. As it stands, that's the case and it's troublesome for many. Many players can't drop everything to play whenever they're needed. Some flexibility should be there, and as it stands, there's none.

2nd, some of these nodes need to be dialed back, or scrapped altogether. Granted, we can see the majority of the Map as there's only 5 hidden nodes now. While that helps with choosing your attack squad, not everyone has every champ, let alone have them ranked. Certain combos seem to require an ideal counter champ, or it's gonna be a heck of a battle.

Aegis seems to be particularly troublesome when combined with certain defenders. The Reversed Controls isn't activating right away causing confusion. Not to mention the unknown interaction with Emma Frost. Will she temporarily bring the controls back to normal? Another oddity with Reversed Controls found by an Alliance mate was with Blade vs GR. Danger Sense made it impossible to know when it would work. I believe this was due to ability accuracy reduction. Is this intended? Or an unforeseen interaction?

There's other issues that have come to light, and it's taking away from the enjoyment factor of AW. Being told this wasn't intended to be more difficult really makes players question how Kabam came to that conclusion. We didn't even need to play it to know it would be more difficult. Now having played it, there's 1st hand experience. The layout itself isn't the problem. It's the fact it demands 9 players, and may require certain champs to survive without heavy item usage.

Having to buy your way through a Map isn't right. Sure, perhaps eventually we could figure it all out. Just the same, when you figure out that it can't be done without X champs you don't have... it really makes the situation feel hopeless. Something no one wants to feel when playing a game that's supposed to bring joy. So hopefully notes sre being taken and suggestions being considered. I know there's other issues as the number of posts are growing.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306

There's 2 major changes I would love to see. 1st, and foremost, the removal of 1 link per section (in regards to the left, middle, and right) so Alliances are not REQUIRED to have 9 players available immediately. As it stands, that's the case and it's troublesome for many. Many players can't drop everything to play whenever they're needed. Some flexibility should be there, and as it stands, there's none.

2nd, some of these nodes need to be dialed back, or scrapped altogether. Granted, we can see the majority of the Map as there's only 5 hidden nodes now. While that helps with choosing your attack squad, not everyone has every champ, let alone have them ranked. Certain combos seem to require an ideal counter champ, or it's gonna be a heck of a battle.

Aegis seems to be particularly troublesome when combined with certain defenders. The Reversed Controls isn't activating right away causing confusion. Not to mention the unknown interaction with Emma Frost. Will she temporarily bring the controls back to normal? Another oddity with Reversed Controls found by an Alliance mate was with Blade vs GR. Danger Sense made it impossible to know when it would work. I believe this was due to ability accuracy reduction. Is this intended? Or an unforeseen interaction?

There's other issues that have come to light, and it's taking away from the enjoyment factor of AW. Being told this wasn't intended to be more difficult really makes players question how Kabam came to that conclusion. We didn't even need to play it to know it would be more difficult. Now having played it, there's 1st hand experience. The layout itself isn't the problem. It's the fact it demands 9 players, and may require certain champs to survive without heavy item usage.

Having to buy your way through a Map isn't right. Sure, perhaps eventually we could figure it all out. Just the same, when you figure out that it can't be done without X champs you don't have... it really makes the situation feel hopeless. Something no one wants to feel when playing a game that's supposed to bring joy. So hopefully notes sre being taken and suggestions being considered. I know there's other issues as the number of posts are growing.

Very well said bro. This is an example of useful feedback that Kabam could take on board, informed detailed and relevant. @GroundedWisdom please take note.

Kabam has asserted that there is no ‘intended’ increase in difficulty with the new map. The only thing I can assert is there has been an UNINTENDED increase in difficulty.

Compare the Aegis node in AW vs for example the Thanos boss in AQ. Say he has 10% health left. Arguably a pretty easy one shot to finish off provided u don’t get unlucky w evading specials.

Now compare that to the Aegis node and KP or any other fairly difficult opponent to intercept due to unblockable basic or specials eg Rhino with 10% health left after you’ve had a few goes at him. And the opponent had maxed limber so there’s a narrow window to parry and heavy.

At tier 3/4 he still has 3 charges you need to remove by intercepting, plus 6 to remove by using heavies, even if each heavy does 1-2 hits you still may run of of time and cop a time out and lose attack bonus. Conceivably this is harder by comparison than Thanos because you still need to remove those charges BEFORE any damage is taken. And this is an early node in the new map not even a mini boss. It’s almost like turning any champ placed there into a Duped IMIW where he auto blocks all basic attacks when on low health.

Reverse controls is also a node that really doesn’t belong in war at all, only if it’s a feature of a champs specials like Emma Frost. Sure keep it in EQ where you can bring 5 champs best suited instead of only 3. And not where you only have 3 minutes to counter it instead of EQ where you can pace yourself.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Is it really necessary to Tag me in that? I'm quite aware of how to give feedback. I'm also capable of discussing thoughts and ideas that don't require a "pony up" of where I'm at. Yes, it's useful feedback.
    In case you hadn't noticed, I'm supporting listening to the feedback here.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    I’m still trying to figure out how the difficulty didn’t increase when the hard & intermediate maps didn’t have the middle mini bosses before but now have 17 or 18 mini bosses?

Then there is the zig-zagging all over the place. Why? Why do I need to go from the left to the middle just to go left again? The logistics of trying to line up everyone’s schedule is an obstacle, and not a small one.

Some of these nodes need to be toned down. Energy consumption and/or these links need to be re-examined.
    I'm not debating anything. I amended my original reaction and expressed I think there's something to the reactions. Since then, I've had my view raked through the coals for absolutely no reason at all, other than habit. Lol.
  • @synergy247 thanks. I'm actually quite happy with our performance today on this map. My crew REALLY came together and are maintaining quite well. Fact is, many are worried about the 9 player requirement to advance in each section. We're a life 1st Alliance. We do our best to work around our life priorities to keep things flowing smoothly. Being in T4 means we're climbing closer too T3 and being in the hardest, most demanding map.

I wholeheartedly agree that certain nodes seem out of place in AW. I can see Aegis being excessively irritating if something goes sideways. Heck, if there's a random connection drop the frustration would send your blood pressure through the roof. Having to go back in with half health, 1 attack bonus gone, and a full health champ with 6 indestructible charges to deal with... AGAIN. This is a real possibility.

Reversed Controls, being buggy, unpredictable... that's no good either. Some of the new nodes are quite intriguing and fun. I would say there's a lot done right, and a bit done over the top. A little tweaking would make this map fun. I hope they take all the information presented by the playerbase into consideration.

Now, on to a question I had from the start. Why again are we made to wait for a reward buff to wars? I kind of get why the Season rewards haven't been updated. I can live with that. However, it is clear that this new map is more difficult. It's gonna REQUIRE more investment. Be that items, skill, rank ups, and most of all... time. Moreover, let's look at a very odd factor in this equation. Defense Tactics are for T5-T1... yet everyone has to wait for a reward update. Everyone gets a new map, no changes to rewards. In what world does that make any sense? I'm sorry but meeting us halfway would've quelled a fair amount of irritation about the difficulty increase. More demanding map for the same old, same old... yeah that kind of added fuel to the fire as it were.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    And most of the new aw map isnt too terrible but there are certain paths and nodes that need looked at. I highly doubt you guys tested each node/champ combo and its ability to be beaten on said node
  • Buttehrs said:

And to add my own feedback, map 5 hyperion is just sickening. You guys obviously knew what you were doing to make people use items. Is it because hoarding is unhealthy?

That would be better said in the AQ Season 6 thread my good man. This is about the new AW Map here 😉. Although it would seem many agree with you on the Map 5 Hyperion mini Boss.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

And to add my own feedback, map 5 hyperion is just sickening. You guys obviously knew what you were doing to make people use items. Is it because hoarding is unhealthy?

That would be better said in the AQ Season 6 thread my good man. This is about the new AW Map here 😉. Although it would seem many agree with you on the Map 5 Hyperion mini Boss.
    Yea i realized i put that one in the wrong thread. Oh well. Maybe theyll see it to move it haha.
  • All good @Buttehrs . Truth be told, many are frustrated, and the tensions are high. This occasionally can cause an oopz moment, lol. Hopefully we get some replies once this war ends on whether or not they're considering making some changes. Once AQ ends, perhaps then we'll hear about Hyperion as well.
  • TamamortTamamort Posts: 59
    We were p2 last season. This season unless it changes will be item free AW and land where we land. The rewards were already bleh before this map change now they are 100% not worth it at all
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★

There's 2 major changes I would love to see. 1st, and foremost, the removal of 1 link per section (in regards to the left, middle, and right) so Alliances are not REQUIRED to have 9 players available immediately. As it stands, that's the case and it's troublesome for many. Many players can't drop everything to play whenever they're needed. Some flexibility should be there, and as it stands, there's none.

This is EXACTLY right. There should have been a better beta or something. Last time they changed maps it was way to easy, this time it's a little bit to difficult and buggy. I submitted a bug report about reverse controls not working correctly... haven't heard anything from Kabam. Is definitely suggest ramping up difficulty instead of having to tune it down next time. People are rarely mad when things are easy at first. Unfortunately things like this deflate an alliance and takes quite a bit to get over feeling betrayed. This just sort of looks like a cash grab... not a good look. We just went to no items war. So much for you making more money.
    edited June 2019
    Buttehrs said:

I'm not debating anything. I amended my original reaction and expressed I think there's something to the reactions. Since then, I've had my view raked through the coals for absolutely no reason at all, other than habit. Lol.

Because your not giving any real feedback other than you see other peoples comments. Which is not helpful in any sort of fashion.
    Considering I've been commenting all along, I have. I admit when I'm wrong, and having reacted differently before it went live, I thought it only respectful to say I misjudged. As I already explained, my reactions were based on the numerous Map changes and iterations we've had with War, and historically, people have adjusted just fine. This seems somewhat more amped up than the previous ones, so I amended my reaction. That's it.
    Pages later, here we are still debating my presence here. I'm here. I was here. I will be here. Other than that, back to the subject.
    What I feel would be prudent is to gather the feedback and adjust the Map where it's needed. What I would ultimately feel is best, is to wait until people adjust to Defense Tactics before keeping the new Map and Nodes because not only are there adjustments to be made this Season, I fear people will be somewhat more frustrated and confused when 11 comes. However, it's really not my decision, and I don't know what their entire vision is. Which means we're all in the same boat, regardless of playing the Nodes or not.
    I have been a voice in War goings on for a long time, and I'm not going to peace out because of the bullying, so people can go to town. I ain't going anywhere.
  • All good @Buttehrs . Truth be told, many are frustrated, and the tensions are high. This occasionally can cause an oopz moment, lol. Hopefully we get some replies once this war ends on whether or not they're considering making some changes. Once AQ ends, perhaps then we'll hear about Hyperion as well.

I guarantee you they aren't. This is definitely related to the economy of the game. They feel that resources are being dispersed too much.
    Do you like to arbitrarily say things that do not connect cohesively to the content you quote? I'm seriously just trying to figure out how this has anything to do with what I said. This is 2 different threads you've done exactly this.

They aren't what? What is related to the economy of the game? I assume the 'they' in this is Kabam. Not sure how they feel resources are being dispersed too much, but ok. It's possible. Not that I've seen this said, and kind of is contradicted by them increasing rewards in the EQ. But, ok. Now, how does any of this have anything to do with what I said?

Honestly I'm already making peace with the possibility they won't change the nodes too much if at all. In regards to my primary concern, allowing flexibility by removing a few links doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility here. Also wouldn't have any negative impact on the 'economy of the game' as it were.

In regards to the AQ Hyperion situation, who can say for sure at this point. Until all the data for the AQ cycle is in, I doubt anything will be said. Which makes sense. Just have to wait and see. Just the same, the more cohesive feedback we give, the better chance we have at getting some changes made. Until then, we play on and see what happens (at least my Alliance will). Or in some cases, stop playing AQ and AW as it's too stressful for some.
  • vish04vish04 Posts: 52
    @Kabam Miike

hope considering the AW map change going a level up, wonder why still the rewards not change??
    it really an injustice to the summoners play so hard also the cost of items is not got down with the Harder Aw Maps.

Seems like MCOC is focusing on their Units Grinding from Games.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Thank you Kabam for the joke this new AW map bring us !
    Its so juicy seeing so many nodes making champions nearly undoable without tons of items !

Lets just see this node 20 which gives an unstoppable buff every 8 seconds.. ok thats fine
    The buff initially last 4 seconds out of the 8 before the next buff... ouch
    Wait no ! The buff gain +75% duration... making it last 7 secondes out of the 8 before the next buff 🤣🤣🤣
    This is without extensive buffs duration of Hyperion or Voodoo which make them virtually unstopable for the remzinder of the fight if you’re unable to dispose them in the 8 first secondes or if you can’t block the arrival of the buff... 👍
    Oh and in case its not enough, every 6 secondes you got a degen if you can’t hit 😂😂😂
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Ridiculously bad nodes on new maps. Please kabam, don't ruin this game further.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Just want to point out that it is possible to disagree with @GroundedWisdom on something and not spam this thread with childish name calling and insults... This thread needs a good cleaning. I'm trying to read about AW and every other comment is an insult/name calling post.
  • synergy247synergy247 Posts: 306
    Also.... more specific war node feedback. Node 18 confusion w reversed controls first 20 seconds of fight. Placed a 5* R1 HB on here. Not an overly hard defender. He got two kills... tier 4 war challenger.

Test 2, node 13 Aegis node placed a 5* R3 King Groot. He got 3 kills, normally in war he barely gets one if placed on an optimal node for him...

If this doesn’t demonstrate increased difficulty in the new map I’m not sure what else does...