**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

WHY IS MY OMEGA TAKING THORNS DAMAGE

EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
edited June 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
Seriously? The major usefulness of a champ I 5/65 isn’t working in the new AW psychic thorns node? Is this a bug? If it’s not can I rank him down because if you’re going to introduce ways to prevent his major use then i wasted all my resources ranking him up.
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    what do you make?
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    I always thought the tenders, rather tendrils, are extension of ORed’s anatomy, therefore part of contact attack.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★

I always thought the tenders, rather tendrils, are extension of ORed’s anatomy, therefore part of contact attack.

Nope. That’s why he doesn’t take damage from Korg.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Aerospace composites.

Contact has nothing to do with it. Omega reds abilities state that he takes 100% less damage from enemy abilities that do damage on contact. Yet he’s still taking damage.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 23
    “Tentacles Hits reduce 100% of damage inflicted by enemy abilities that deal passive damage when they are struck.”

Could it be that psychic thorns is not an enemies ability as it comes from the node?
    Plausible. Node buffs override champion abilities.

Similar to how BW used to bypass thorns back in the day, then it was changed.
    Cupid said:

“Tentacles Hits reduce 100% of damage inflicted by enemy abilities that deal passive damage when they are struck.”

Could it be that psychic thorns is not an enemies ability as it comes from the node?

edited June 2019
    Anyone with projectiles is a good counter to psychic thorns.

You should see the other guy wrecked by Aegis node
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Nope. Brother there are two realistic counters. SS and Havok. That’s it.
    Quake works fine
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    Cupid said:

OR does fine with Spiked Armor
  • SateszSatesz Posts: 49
    Try to quake a 5/65 sig200 domino there! She will critfail all your evades, and wreck you in no seconds!

_ASDF_ said:

Quake works fine
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    _ASDF_ said:

Maw and IMIW. Apparently energy attacks also do not get thorns damage so DS and Dorm would also work.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

_ASDF_ said:

Maw and IMIW. Apparently energy attacks also do not get thorns damage so DS and Dorm would also work.
    Not to mention their SP2s will heal you because they're projectiles.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Satesz said:

Try to quake a 5/65 sig200 domino there! She will critfail all your evades, and wreck you in no seconds!

_ASDF_ said:

Quake works fine
    Yeah everyone who uses her know the bad matchups, can see the nodes though so wouldn’t take her in that case. I’ll agree though once everyone figures out who to place where war is going to be a big pain.
    This. I think OR is best for spiked armor. Not thorns?
    gohard123 said:

Cupid said:

OR does fine with Spiked Armor
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    This bug really is the thorn in my side
  • ÐarkŠtarÐarkŠtar Posts: 180
    Satesz said:

_ASDF_ said:

Quake works fine
    Does domino crit failure trigger against her heavy? I've never personally experienced it, so it would be good to know
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    We were planning to send one of our omega guys down that path but reading about omega taking damage made us change and now I take that path with my IMIW...yet to face a BS defender but overall it's really easy with him...he heals up over a mllll combo
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★

Seriously? The major usefulness of a champ I 5/65 isn’t working in the new AW psychic thorns node? Is this a bug? If it’s not can I rank him down because if you’re going to introduce ways to prevent his major use then i wasted all my resources ranking him up.

PS fire your quality control team they suck. Never seen a worse company when it comes to releasing broken ****. I would be fired if my products were this messed up upon release. If it’s not ready DONT RELEASE IT

This has been a topic before. Not all his hits are with tentacles. Mediums and heavies are. Also, as a owner of a r5/65 omega red, this is just a small part of what makes him good. His other abilities far out weigh his tentacle hits.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

PS fire your quality control team they suck. Never seen a worse company when it comes to releasing broken ****. I would be fired if my products were this messed up upon release. If it’s not ready DONT RELEASE IT

This has been a topic before. Not all his hits are with tentacles. Mediums and heavies are. Also, as a owner of a r5/65 omega red, this is just a small part of what makes him good. His other abilities far out weigh his tentacle hits.
    I think you misunderstood. Even his tentacle hits (AKA medium and heavy attacks) trigger psychic thorns

I think you misunderstood. Even his tentacle hits (AKA medium and heavy attacks) trigger psychic thorns
    Maybe. It doesn't say either way honestly so I assumed he/she meant all.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Yeah I think he was talking about the fact that OR tentacle hits still take damage from thorns even though his abilities state otherwise.
    edited June 2019
    Werewrym said:

Yeah I think he was talking about the fact that OR tentacle hits still take damage from thorns even though his abilities state otherwise.
    Cool. Psychic thorns is fairly new. Its possible its a different mechanic than thorns. In AW, OR would be a bad matchup there anyway unless you plan on parry/heavy most of the time.

Is there a psychic thorns node in act 6? I wouldnt mind trying it there too to see what's happening.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

Cool. Psychic thorns is fairly new. Its possible its a different mechanic than thorns. In AW, OR would be a bad matchup there anyway unless you plan on parry/heavy most of the time.

Is there a psychic thorns node in act 6? I wouldnt mind trying it there too to see what's happening.
    Yeah I'd agree it's definitely a different mechanic. But I still think strictly reading OR's description of tentacle attacks it doesn't really make sense to be taking thorns damage. Either OR shouldn't be taking damage or the node description needs to change.

As far as act 6 goes, I think this is the first time we've seen this node, so unless its in chapter 2 when that drops tomorrow I don't think we have anywhere to test. I won't be taking my 5/65 OR into that node in war anytime soon though.
    Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

Yeah I'd agree it's definitely a different mechanic. But I still think strictly reading OR's description of tentacle attacks it doesn't really make sense to be taking thorns damage. Either OR shouldn't be taking damage or the node description needs to change.

As far as act 6 goes, I think this is the first time we've seen this node, so unless its in chapter 2 when that drops tomorrow I don't think we have anywhere to test. I won't be taking my 5/65 OR into that node in war anytime soon though.
    I thought i'd seen it somewhere else. Maybe it was AQ. You're right, with a 3 minute timer, its a bad fight all around. My ally mate used Quake but not against domino.

Werewrym said:

Werewrym said:

I thought i'd seen it somewhere else. Maybe it was AQ. You're right, with a 3 minute timer, its a bad fight all around. My ally mate used Quake but not against domino.
    The problem is there’s a second psychic thorns node on path 3 in tier 2 that is combined with heal block so you can’t heal back any damage taken from the thorns (so champs who combine both contact and non contact hits don’t work) also this past war there was a Korg on that node. So the options are pretty much either 5/65 SS/DS or quake (Mags and Dormamu would time out in this tier)

Now if Omega could be used, using only mediums and heavies would be a very reliable strategy and idk what sig your omega is but mine can kill stuff just fine with only his degen and a couple mediums.
    Also to anyone who’s saying “his abilities state that he reduces damage from enemy abilities but this thorns damage comes from the node not the enemy’s abilities” omega tentacle hits do not take thorns damage from both Spiked Armor or the regular Thorns node (15% attack is reflected as direct damage) so either those are both broken or this new node is. You can’t have both.