**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No Ice Armor for Iceman vs Hyperion miniboss in AQ5

I have noticed that fighting against Hyperion miniboss in AQ5 iceman doesn’t have its ice armour...even after the first 20 seconda ...Nothing...simply the ice armour doesnt’appear...is it a bug? Or something I didn’t understand about the node?

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Working as intended. It has been like this for years.

At the start of the fight you get an armor break and fate seal debuff that removes Ice Armor.

Ice armor then goes into a 15s cooldown. When it tries to re-trigger 15s later, Fate Seal is still on the the re-trigger fails, removing the cooldown. Hence, ice armor will not appear again. The only way to get it back is for Iceman to SP3 to reform it, together with its cooldown.

You can do that when fighting against Iceman as well. If you have Pacify on, you can parry him when his Ice Armor is going to reform and there's a chance it will fail and remove the cooldown. GR/DS' Fate Seal, Quake's Concussion etc (anything that reduces ability accuracy) can also do the same thing.
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    ^^^ No Mercy causes it to not be able to reform as well.
  • Options
    Thanks xNig ... I hoped ice could Help with this Hyp ...probably too difficult for me
  • Options
    HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Thanks xNig ... I hoped ice could Help with this Hyp ...probably too difficult for me

He's getting nerfed so just be patient.

The Hype mini is all kinds of stupid and causes me to wonder how exactly it was tested, approved and made to go live.
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    I think you can still get back if you manage to get to that sp3 though lol