**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• TrumpootTrumpoot Posts: 185
    I think we should learn from past successes.
    Kabam, just fix Hyp the same way you fixed sentinels...REMOVE SP3.

;-)

Seriously though, I like the drone change up.
    Actually I like that whole mechanism, class versions of the same champ: Symbioid/sentinel/drone

• JermajestyJermajesty Posts: 20
    I was halfway through the champion fight when the unstoppable buff stopped working. The lane just took me two hours to do. WTF did you do you!? I’ve literally never had less enjoyment playing this game, not even post 12.0. I’ve used more items than I have in years and I am legitimately starting to get carpal tunnel wrist pains after doing that BS lane for a few hours. Without heimdall I would be itemed out right now. GFY. Done with this BS.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Notcho59 said:

Any battlegroups struggling with energy is because of a slacker or two imo. I get a solid 9-10 hours of sleep and still get the poison paths in ring 2 and 3 of map 6 done hours before time is up.

This is complete irrelevant, map 6 has barely changed. If you read the thread 99% of complaints are about map 7 and map 5 mini boss.
  • Bwest289Bwest289 Posts: 182
    edited June 2019
    Stand strong.
  • EvenEven Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    New map7 is harder but it’s not what I want to complain now. What I want to address are some bad node design and bugs.

1. Bad design
    Nodes 28-33-29-30 of phase 1 in new map7 are with “Can’t Stop Won’t Stop” and 100% or 50% increased power gain now. This design makes almost NO champion can pass the entire path. We tried many solutions. Almost all failed. Especially node 28 with defender “The Champion”.

We’ve managed to find ONLY one champion to do the job with high cost(must use revive and healing potions).

Only ONE champion can be used is absolutely not fun at all. I believe this is not the original design. Is it?

2. Bug. Only the 1st hit of sp3 can make dmg now. This even makes the new map7 more............ sick.

@Kabam Miike . Sry to tag u here.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    bb_81 said:

the silent treatment from the women and men at kabam HQ speaks volumes about their characters. shame on all of you :(

Pretty unsubstantiated, not to mention rude.

I believe people have made enough noise and gave enough feedback that kabam knows there’s an issue. Give them time to table and discuss it, isn’t easy reaching a balance considering there are overarching goals and outcomes that affect every decision. Try asking your boss to okay a suggestion that will reduce your company’s profits and see how long that takes.

From my experience with the interaction with the dev team, they know what they’re doing and will take feedback into consideration. They do get the balance on difficulty off at times, but they are open to constructive criticism and most often than not, downtune the difficulty. But you do need to give them time because there’s always a question of “how much?”

Calling them out, insulting them, doesn’t help anything.
    SparkAlot said:

xNig said:

From my experience with the interaction with the dev team, they know what they’re doing and will take feedback into consideration. They do get the balance on difficulty off at times, but they are open to constructive criticism and most often than not, downtune the difficulty. But you do need to give them time because there’s always a question of “how much?”

What interaction with the dev team? They have never spoken out on this forum, it is all the mods, and while they work for Kabam, they aren't part of the actual dev team AFAICT.

The problem here is clearly Kabam's own making, they got it wrong, REALLY wrong, and to remain silent about it is the part that annoys people the most.
    It is like they are ignoring everyone, which frequently happens in tons of threads, which is why people keep tagging them to get some kind of a response.

They could have said: "We apologize for giving you untested content, we didn't think it was going to be as bad as it has been, we will rectify the situation before the next AQ starts, and will be refunding all map costs, and also will be adjusting everyone's scores to match last AQ, and also include some bonus items to show how sorry we are."

You know, be honest, and open about it...

Instead, you hear....

Being in the beta test, I have liaise directly with the Dev Team before. I can assure you that they take feedback very seriously if the feedback is logical and substantiated, but not an angry rant or whine.
    Markjv81 said:

xNig said:

bb_81 said:

the silent treatment from the women and men at kabam HQ speaks volumes about their characters. shame on all of you :(

Pretty unsubstantiated, not to mention rude.

I believe people have made enough noise and gave enough feedback that kabam knows there’s an issue. Give them time to table and discuss it, isn’t easy reaching a balance considering there are overarching goals and outcomes that affect every decision. Try asking your boss to okay a suggestion that will reduce your company’s profits and see how long that takes.

Calling them out, insulting them, doesn’t help anything.
    All this maybe true but it all it would take for people to back off a fair bit is to simply reply in the threads saying we hear you. 2nd war, 3rd day of AQ and not even a reply, looks bad.
    Agree with you. A simple "Yes we understand your concerns and are deliberating it with the team." would have been nice.

Tbh war isn't a big concern. We are getting wrecked because it's new and we aren't familiar with alot of things. It'll get better over time.

AQ wise, it's abit tricky. Let's see what's the official response from Kabam is.
  • bb_81bb_81 Posts: 147
    @xNig i appreciate your feedback and respect your opinion, i also disagree. while my comment might be construed as being rude by some, their actions or lack thereof does merit unvarnished criticism. women and men with principles do not stand idly by and do/say nothing in times of crisis. i myself feel disrespected and unappreciated by their lack of transparency and inactions. and to be clear i am speaking of kabam the company and not the mods (though they are also complicit to some degree) cheerio
  • Jawarrior2001Jawarrior2001 Posts: 303
    xNig said:

SparkAlot said:

xNig said:

What interaction with the dev team? They have never spoken out on this forum, it is all the mods, and while they work for Kabam, they aren't part of the actual dev team AFAICT.

The problem here is clearly Kabam's own making, they got it wrong, REALLY wrong, and to remain silent about it is the part that annoys people the most.
    It is like they are ignoring everyone, which frequently happens in tons of threads, which is why people keep tagging them to get some kind of a response.

They could have said: "We apologize for giving you untested content, we didn't think it was going to be as bad as it has been, we will rectify the situation before the next AQ starts, and will be refunding all map costs, and also will be adjusting everyone's scores to match last AQ, and also include some bonus items to show how sorry we are."

Instead, you hear....

Being in the beta test, I have liaise directly with the Dev Team before. I can assure you that they take feedback very seriously if the feedback is logical and substantiated, but not an angry rant or whine.
    People have come up with logical and substantiated feedback regarding hyperion being massively OP for a miniboss due to his nodes.

How many people have said that with the combination of nodes, attacker is power locked/heal blocked/fate sealed for the first 20 seconds of a fight whilst hyperion is still able to gain power, combine that with the node where he goes massively defensive, I mean 300% armour and reduced chance to crit, which you can't armour break, all he does is sit back and gain power, and then pops of his sp3 which near enough always 1 hits you, unless you have an awakened gwenpool, which I dont personally have one above 3* so she will never do enough damage to him in 3 minutes. Luke cage only works once as most of the time for me, hyperion gets a second sp3 before my indestructible comes back, iceman loses his armor at the start due to fate seal meaning he becomes useless for that. A lot of the proposed counters all have one thing in common, you have a 'chance' for their RNG abilities to kick in which can help you.

It's all good saying there are up 10 people per map, which means up to 30 champs per group, but don't have a what now seems to be a required counter to this current miniboss, you are at a massive disadvantage compared to previous season of quests. Combine that with not being able to ensure your alliance members are online or active enough to do the map ads another level of difficulty especially if they are needed to be your boss killers.

You are also limited to how many items a summoner can use per quest, so if you hit that limit, which many have with hyperion, you then cannot do anything else other than move, which adds more pressure to the remaining members to cover you.

Given we are still yet to have a response from an official whilst we all know they've been on as topics have been merged/moved, that's causing more issues as people are feeling as though the are being ignored.

xNig said:

SparkAlot said:

xNig said:

Instead, you hear....

People have come up with logical and substantiated feedback regarding hyperion being massively OP for a miniboss due to his nodes.

How many people have said that with the combination of nodes, attacker is power locked/heal blocked/fate sealed for the first 20 seconds of a fight whilst hyperion is still able to gain power, combine that with the node where he goes massively defensive, I mean 300% armour and reduced chance to crit, which you can't armour break, all he does is sit back and gain power, and then pops of his sp3 which near enough always 1 hits you, unless you have an awakened gwenpool, which I dont personally have one above 3* so she will never do enough damage to him in 3 minutes. Luke cage only works once as most of the time for me, hyperion gets a second sp3 before my indestructible comes back, iceman loses his armor at the start due to fate seal meaning he becomes useless for that. A lot of the proposed counters all have one thing in common, you have a 'chance' for their RNG abilities to kick in which can help you.

It's all good saying there are up 10 people per map, which means up to 30 champs per group, but don't have a what now seems to be a required counter to this current miniboss, you are at a massive disadvantage compared to previous season of quests. Combine that with not being able to ensure your alliance members are online or active enough to do the map ads another level of difficulty especially if they are needed to be your boss killers.

You are also limited to how many items a summoner can use per quest, so if you hit that limit, which many have with hyperion, you then cannot do anything else other than move, which adds more pressure to the remaining members to cover you.

Given we are still yet to have a response from an official whilst we all know they've been on as topics have been merged/moved, that's causing more issues as people are feeling as though the are being ignored.
    Yeah I agree. But let's not be impatient and wait for a reply. Who knows they might be trying to construct a reply that will not piss off the pissed off people even more. =)
    xNig said:

xNig said:

SparkAlot said:

xNig said:

Instead, you hear....

Yeah I agree. But let's not be impatient and wait for a reply. Who knows they might be trying to construct a reply that will not piss off the pissed off people even more. =)
    That's possible I guess, but let's face it, how hard would it be to say to the community, we have past the information onto the dev team who will look into at, and we will let you know the outcome, something so small, just the simplist thing to say that they at least acknowledge the concerns shown would go a long way for many that feel they are being ignored and pushed aside.

Many have said it's the weekend, they are on break so are unable to reply, its rubbish, they are able to move and merge topics, but yet unable to actually respond to the community, how are you supposed to feel like you aren't ignored, many people are starting to think this game is no longer worth their time and effort, and the mods right now only make it seem more so as they continue to ignore everyone.

Let's face it, if you make a topic opening flaming them/game/others, they would come drop down on you like a hurricane.

xNig said:

xNig said:

SparkAlot said:

xNig said:

Instead, you hear....

That's possible I guess, but let's face it, how hard would it be to say to the community, we have past the information onto the dev team who will look into at, and we will let you know the outcome, something so small, just the simplist thing to say that they at least acknowledge the concerns shown would go a long way for many that feel they are being ignored and pushed aside.

Many have said it's the weekend, they are on break so are unable to reply, its rubbish, they are able to move and merge topics, but yet unable to actually respond to the community, how are you supposed to feel like you aren't ignored, many people are starting to think this game is no longer worth their time and effort, and the mods right now only make it seem more so as they continue to ignore everyone.

Let's face it, if you make a topic opening flaming them/game/others, they would come drop down on you like a hurricane.
    I guess the next logical question most people will ask IF Kabam says that is "What are you going to do about the remaining AQ days?", and they will not have an answer for it.

Chill man. Don't overthink things. If things are beyond our control, just voice our opinions and leave it to them to discuss what needs to be done. Nagging them for a reply isn't gonna help things.

Remember in the past we even had compensation packages for longer than expected maintenance and we hardly get any now? The community being unappreciative, always asking for "more more more" or "is that it?" could have been part of the reason for that.

Btw, as much as a reply is appreciated from the mods, the more pressing issue will be to discuss with my alliances' members on how to overcome the more challenging AQ through teamwork. So far we haven't had issues yet. Everyone chips in and gets Hyp down.
    xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

SparkAlot said:

xNig said:

Instead, you hear....

I guess the next logical question most people will ask IF Kabam says that is "What are you going to do about the remaining AQ days?", and they will not have an answer for it.

Chill man. Don't overthink things. If things are beyond our control, just voice our opinions and leave it to them to discuss what needs to be done. Nagging them for a reply isn't gonna help things.

Remember in the past we even had compensation packages for longer than expected maintenance and we hardly get any now? The community being unappreciative, always asking for "more more more" or "is that it?" could have been part of the reason for that.

Btw, as much as a reply is appreciated from the mods, the more pressing issue will be to discuss with my alliances' members on how to overcome the more challenging AQ through teamwork. So far we haven't had issues yet. Everyone chips in and gets Hyp down.
    I agree with parts of what you said. Sure if they can't give an exact answer on the solution it could annoy people, but then you could also say any answer is better than none.

I don't think I've seen anyone actually ask for any form of compensation for hyperion other than reducing the difficulty of the fight or removing the nodes, mostly because let's face it, we are most likely very unlikely to actually get anything either soon or in the distant future.

As for discussing it with your alliance to take down the miniboss. There is a limit to how much you can talk about it if you dont have the what seems to be required champions to stand a chance at beating him.
    Let's say your alliance has 3 people with the right counter to him, your completion of the quest then becomes completely reliant on those people, which then causing stress for the entire alliance due to having to wait for them, or then waiting for linked nodes to be taken out.

Granted there is no perfect solution for this, hiding behind a screen isn't going to do anything.

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

SparkAlot said:

xNig said:

Instead, you hear....

I agree with parts of what you said. Sure if they can't give an exact answer on the solution it could annoy people, but then you could also say any answer is better than none.

I don't think I've seen anyone actually ask for any form of compensation for hyperion other than reducing the difficulty of the fight or removing the nodes, mostly because let's face it, we are most likely very unlikely to actually get anything either soon or in the distant future.

As for discussing it with your alliance to take down the miniboss. There is a limit to how much you can talk about it if you dont have the what seems to be required champions to stand a chance at beating him.
    Let's say your alliance has 3 people with the right counter to him, your completion of the quest then becomes completely reliant on those people, which then causing stress for the entire alliance due to having to wait for them, or then waiting for linked nodes to be taken out.

Granted there is no perfect solution for this, hiding behind a screen isn't going to do anything.
    Yeah. All we can do is to wait and see while doing what we can to tentatively solve any issues that arise. No big deal. We’re adults, we can adapt and settle our problems.
  • VincentblackVincentblack Posts: 14
    I don't get how these things get passed whatever testing (or lack there of) you do but it's pretty ridiculous we have to be the guinea pigs at the peril of our item stash or units. Also we wait so long for a fix or even to hear about what's happening with this, when "bugs" that are beneficial to the player but not kabams bottom line are fixed in mere hours, yet here we sit. All this for a whopping zero increase in rewards sounds like a ton of kabam style awesome to me
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    At this point this isn’t a dev team / decision issue, it’s simply a public relations issue. Transparently and communication.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    They are probably gonna roll out fixes during inevitable emergency maintenance that will follow release of 6.2 lol
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    battleone said:

I, as I am sure many others are doing, keep scrolling through looking for that magical orange text. I am truly dumbfounded there has been no response. I thought maybe it was a Canadian holiday yesterday, so I checked,... nope.

Maybe there was a hockey game???
  • L8RdaysL8Rdays Posts: 26
    Werewrym said:

battleone said:

I, as I am sure many others are doing, keep scrolling through looking for that magical orange text. I am truly dumbfounded there has been no response. I thought maybe it was a Canadian holiday yesterday, so I checked,... nope.

Maybe there was a hockey game???
    No, it was the basketball game. I know it had me distracted all day!
  • QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Second Hyperion today using Magik...first try 30 seconds, he used maybe a special or two and he got to SP3. I had to force quit. Second try...another 30 seconds same result as first try. Third try, now I'm at 25% health but whatever he'll one shot you with an sp3 anyway. The time lasted 40 seconds but couldn't get to my sp2 before he got to sp3. Totally RNG based and not skill at all.

All 3 mini's in map5 this season are going to require a specific counter whereas last season, NC and GG could be taken down with virtually anyone. The boss killing load could be spread more evenly across all members of a BG but this season you're going to need a bleed immune one week, Hyperion counter the next and a poison immune the third. That puts a lot of pressure on people who have those specific counters to be reliable boss killers.
  • CheeseHead4EVERCheeseHead4EVER Posts: 9
    edited June 2019