**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

This Map 5 Hyperion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• TemplarsoldierTemplarsoldier Posts: 5
    Perhaps if you don't like reading the messages you shouldn't be here...!
  • CyporgCyporg Posts: 274 ★★

Cyporg said:

Empathic lock only lasts for 10 seconds, so after that I don't see any reason why you'd powerlock yourself by placing one on Hyp. Let me know if I missed something. Doc Oc is a pretty solid counter. I can one shot the first hyp, the second one is much harder, more of a team effort because he gets so defensive.

Empathic Lock lasts 10 seconds every time you power lock, which is why Magik doesn't work too well. I don't use Doc Ock, so I didn't know his duped Power Lock isn't really an active power lock though, so that's why it's not getting copied on to you.
    Here's a vid of me fighting the first hyp. I don't see any debuff being placed back on me.

Cyporg said:

This guy works fine for me. What everyone doesn't have one? Power locks him the whole way.

Aren't you also powerlocking yourself and gimping your damage though?
    I don't think I'm power locking myself. Check out the vid, maybe I'm missing something.
    https://youtu.be/Pc61f17030U
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★

Hey everybody,

Thank you for your patience. We're sorry we haven't replied earlier, but we can't really reply until we have something to share.

We've taken your feedback to the team, and they agree that this Hyperion is more difficult than we'd like it to be. So, for the next series of Alliance Quests, we're going to be implementing some changes.

- Stepping Down Empathic Lock 3 to Empathic Lock 1(on both minibosses)
    - Replacing Oscillate. We are not locked on what this is going to change into yet.

These are not yet final, but we will let you know the final details before it goes live.

Much appreciated on this!! Eager to see the finalized replacement node. I’m also happy to be the one to ask on behalf of all of us, any chance there will be some sort of compensation package for those of us having to slog through it this week?
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    it's an obvious bs

once he turns into armors/resist he just no more use any specials and wait for sp3 once the fury mode kicks in he just sp3 your champ to death directly bs
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Dogor2393 said:

I use Hood and i have no problem to solo him

even with hood it's bs the 1st one is okay but the 2nd one not close it's garbage
  • Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    Markg25 said:

@Kabam Miike great news ...

Now we need a sensible choice of node to replace ossilate 👍🏼

how about aggressive. it's infuriating how he folds his arms and gains power
    Rank up your Doc Ocs people. He's a solid counter, no downside other than class disadvantage. Have to play more aggressively with the second hyp, throw some heavys when he's defensive. If they're removing oscillate anyway, won't be an issue for much longer.
  • aaronrenaaronren Posts: 6
    Ice armor doesnt work. Its shut down with fate seal. Know what you are talking about.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    The changes are live. I just faced off of him as my second mini boss and like I thought he is harder for some reason my symbiote supreme is not nullifying as much as it was before also like I said when he's a defense version of oscillate he's just gaining power they won't spam any attack.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Best counter for Hyp is MODOK
    edited June 2019
    he wasn't BS to me it was pretty easy
    before lol

how so?
    G0311 said:

how so?
    As long as his shield is active, he passively counters opponents power gain based of flux.. He is also a fantastic counter to SPITE
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-m-o-d-o-k/

Force Field Passive

-Start the fight with 1 Force Field charge, each Auto-Blocking an attack with +174 Block Proficiency. Force Fields cannot trigger Parry.
    -Once depleted, Force Field charges replenish after 7 second(s). This cooldown is reduced by 0.8s for each “alive” Champion on the enemy team. The A.I.M. Synergy with Taskmaster reduces this even further.
    -As long as a Force Field charge is active, opponents’ Power Gain Rate is reduced by up to 100% based on Flux. Power Gain Rate governs abilities that generate Power outside of Attacking, such as those of Doctor Strange, Vision, Hyperion, or the Mystic Dispersion Mastery.
    edited June 2019

G0311 said:

how so?
    As long as his shield is active, he passively counters opponents power gain based of flux.. He is also a fantastic counter to SPITE
    I'll have to it check out, thanks
    Mcord117 said:

if you are going to use modok you better not plan on using parry much. his block prof is so bad that he will die. he can be effective against hyperion but you will have to play smart till L1 then bait sp and intercept like a god once you start draining his power

yep try him out he's pretty decent against hyp. but that's the thing his shield will go away and now at that oscillate if your shield is gone you'll be gaining power like crazy so if you're going to use modak I would say you're going to have to intercept cuz it looks like blocking &perring makes The shield go away quicker at least that's what it seemed like to me
  • Cptnkillr_89Cptnkillr_89 Posts: 56

Start the fight without gaining power, without you heal, without your abilities, that is, Hyperion fills E3 and is over, this nod destroys what can be counter against him.
    Kabam lost his notion on the nodes of this Hyperion.
    Clearly want to see people spend up on the M5

With all due respect...
    Luke cage duped
    Iceman
    Ghost with hood
    Can all tank sp3

Hood
    Symbiote supreme
    Morningstar
    Void (with some luck on debuffs)
    All have abilities that nullify or stop his powergain

There's probably alot more than im just thinking off the top of my head! Map 5 is only 8 paths generally, so have a decidated person to bring a champ for hyperion, that's how we've managed to get through it (we run 665 so far this week)

That being said... Without a solid counter it is a very difficult fight! And the node cripples his main 2 counters in magik and void! And the rewards increase do not match the difficulty increase... Definitely think overall that emphatic lock node needs to be replaced by something else!

Alpha Scorpion
    Iceman starts without his armor on the 2nd hype (didn’t fight first but I’m assuming it’s the same)and can only get it back with s3. My r5 was well dead before then.
  • Team_SlyTeam_Sly Posts: 85
    So much for halls of healing, everything I had is now gone due to Hyperion, hope you at least compensate some of these items back, full well knowing that he is ridiculously hard to beat, not to mention having power lock f first 20 secs then so u dot even have a chance to get his specials down before hits sp3 and wipes you out.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    Team_Sly said:

So much for halls of healing, everything I had is now gone due to Hyperion, hope you at least compensate some of these items back, full well knowing that he is ridiculously hard to beat, not to mention having power lock f first 20 secs then so u dot even have a chance to get his specials down before hits sp3 and wipes you out.

Kabam: "You're welcome. We are glad to hear that you didn't have to spend your glory or units on those pots."

Sorry but no way. Best counter is Doc Oc. See below

https://youtu.be/Pc61f17030U
    My health is like 98% at the end of that fight
    Not as a 6* :-) I've gotten him to about 20% before messing up and dying. I'll try again today and make a vid. Just have to be patient when he's defensive, the power lock gives you a lot more time.
  • Red00DevilRed00Devil Posts: 10

Hey everybody,

Thank you for your patience. We're sorry we haven't replied earlier, but we can't really reply until we have something to share.

We've taken your feedback to the team, and they agree that this Hyperion is more difficult than we'd like it to be. So, for the next series of Alliance Quests, we're going to be implementing some changes.

- Stepping Down Empathic Lock 3 to Empathic Lock 1(on both minibosses)
    - Replacing Oscillate. We are not locked on what this is going to change into yet.

These are not yet final, but we will let you know the final details before it goes live.

Seriously? You think the problem is only about nodes? AI simply doesn't through special attack! Can you address this and for once be a bit transparent about it!!