**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Question about Willpower

iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
Should I spend my points on Willpower if I don't use Suicides? Someone on YT told me it's useful even without suicides, but I don't see the point as the healing won't be too significant. I am looking to instead invest points in Despair (which I have 1 point in already), Mystic Dispersion (2/5, looking to get to 3, 4 will be almost impossible to reach), and Deep Wounds (1 point in already)

Comments

• HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    No.

WP isn't worth the points.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Hamin said:

No.

Why not? An explanation would be nice @Hamin

Hamin said:

No.

Because 4-7 mastery points isn't worth the regen WP grants.
  • Hamin said:

Hamin said:

No.

Because 4-7 mastery points isn't worth the regen WP grants.
    Agree. If you progress in the game, you will notice that if you get hit by an enemy WP won't make the difference as it did some years ago. You should rather invest in offensive masteries and update your fighting style by using intercepts to avoid block damage.
    Haji_Saab said:

I have WP ... love it ... Just in today's war, I had to take a 5/65 MS with CapIW ... probably would have died without WP ...

Act 6.1 .. quest 3 .. if you have WP, you will stay at full hp throughout the quest ...

Green drone and Cosmic drone in map 5 both have debuffs which heals you a lot ... previously, 3 sentinels had such things .. saves potions in AQ when you want to heal

If you are in lower level, Act 4 has chaos node which gives you a debuff more often than not ...

Can survive 1-2 poisons from Abomination if you have to take him on without poison immune in most of the game modes

This is a very small niche of the game. It's still not worth the points. I personally can't see me removing 4 points from attack or defense just to have WP.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 444 ★★★
    Idk I used to heal a solid 20%+ on science sents just using willpower lol😂
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Willpower is worth 1 point for sure. It doesn't scale up much, but I always keep 1 point in there even when I'm not running suicides.

Willpower is worth 1 point for sure. It doesn't scale up much, but I always keep 1 point in there even when I'm not running suicides.

Do you feel like the 2-4 points you used to get it could be better used elsewhere?
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    I used to use Willpower, then changed to an offense heavy Mastery set (Seatin style).

Fights are shorter, so I make less mistakes and take less total damage. Hand fatigue is less too.

I would love to have Willpower too, but the Defense point requirements don't allow both.
  • snapper77snapper77 Posts: 62
    The answer is yes and here is why. First off I run what’s called a switch blade mastery setup that allows you to go back and forth between suicides and an every day build with only adjusting one of the mastery groups instead of all 3. This is a huge savings in units and makes turning suicides on and off cheap.

Max will power is still useful without suicides as you can take advantage of non damaging debuffs to heal up. Also it allows you to handle poison or bleed nodes with a variety of different champs and something like coldsnap will power could be the difference of you living or dying. I would say it’s huge for aw offence even without suicides. Again though the most important thing is if you leave your Defense setup for a suicide build your only ever going to have to redo your offence to turn suicides on and off
    I also only run 8 points in utility so I can have beefy offence even with suicides or without. This also makes it a lot cheaper when you want to turn dexterity on and off. Cause sometimes doing this is cheaper for some matches then the items needed with dexterity on.
    Also another tip is run max coagulate with max will power you will get more sustainability with non suicide friendly champs and also if you have omega red it makes him reduce bleed damage by 120% meaning he will always regen only from any amount of bleed. Also in your other champs it will make getting inflicted with bleed a lot less paired with max will power.