**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sinister post SP3 unresponsive to heavy charging

FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
Originally the bug was that following the SP3, Sinister (and actually every champion) was doing some dash medium following the SP3, so Kabam attempted a fix

The fix caused no heavy attack to be activated for 1.5 seconds or so following the SP3 animation.

Sinister relies on his ability to charge his heavy to pause the debuff. Prior to the sp3, you inflict a parry/stun on the opponent, activate the sp3 after contact from releasing the heavy, and charge a heavy coming out of the sp3 to extend the parry/stun and maximize the soul leech.

Now, after the update Sinister is unresponsive to charging the heavy after the sp3 animation and just stands there.

Please investigate and fix the issue

Thanks again

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Please pass to game team:

This problem occurs on all champions exiting SP3 animation

If the opponent (defender) is in a parry/stunned state and the debuff is still on them when they exit the SP3 animation then the attacker is unresponsive to a heavy control/charge.

If the opponent (defender) is NOT in a parry/stunned state and there is no parry/stun debuff then the attacker CAN heavy attack/charge.

The debuff exiting the SP3 causes the attacker to not be able to charge a heavy

In the case of Sinister, it is critical that he can do this.
  • Hey there, we'll pass your report on to the rest of the team. Would you be able to tell us what device and version of your OS you were using at the time?
  • noynoy Posts: 56
    I can confirm. I don't use Mr. Sinister but other champs are unresponsive after coming out of an SP3. At least they don't dash in but I guess this is separate issue since you closed the other thread down.

Hey there, we'll pass your report on to the rest of the team. Would you be able to tell us what device and version of your OS you were using at the time?

Hello

Thanks for the quick response.

iPhone 8 Plus
    Software version 12.3.1
    Game version 905745

Is that enough or is more info needed

I also submitted a ticket
  • SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    iPhone 7
    Software version 12.3.1

Same here.
  • Also, would you be able to let us know what quests you were in when you experienced this and who you were fighting? Specifics can be useful here. Additionally, you can check out this report template for a list of info that is helpful when reporting things like this.

Also, would you be able to let us know what quests you were in when you experienced this and who you were fighting? Specifics can be useful here. Additionally, you can check out this report template for a list of info that is helpful when reporting things like this.

Device and Version: iPhone 8 Plus

Device Operating System: iOS 12.3.1

Mobile Carrier: AT&T

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? Both

Game Version Installed: 23.1.0

Game Mode: all game modes

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked? This occurs to all champs I’ve tested however I’m focused on 5* Sinister. Rank 5 sig 200

Active Boosts: None except for infinity stone event (all six stones are achieved)

Description of the Issue: Described above

Device and Version: iPhone 7

Device Operating System: iOS 12.3.1

Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? Both

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked? This occurs to all champs I’ve tested however I’m focused on 5* Sinister. Rank 5 sig 180

Active Boosts: None except for infinity stone event (all six stones are achieved)

Description of the Issue: Same as above
  • ArdiArdi Posts: 18
    Device and Version: LG G6

Device Operating System: Android 8.0.0

Mobile Carrier: Rogers 🇨🇦

Champions Affected: Which Champions are affected by this issue? What is their Rank, Level and which Signature Abilities do they have unlocked? This occurs to all champs I’ve tested however I’m focused on 5* Sinister. Rank 5 sig 160

Description of the Issue: Same as above
  • Hey there, would anyone who has experienced this happen to have any video of this occurring? Also, for those who have experienced this with other Champions, could you please tell us which Champions specifically? Having specifics can be helpful for the investigation.
  • This doesn't appear to have been fixed. To be honest, I never had this problem. In the previous version, my champion was just unresponsive, and I would get hit in the face after I used a SP3. Now, my champion is having the issue that I only heard about before: Running towards the defender. I believe I have been able to stop him though.

Is this working as intended? Let me try to replicate this and get back to you with a video.
    edited June 2019

Hey there, would anyone who has experienced this happen to have any video of this occurring? Also, for those who have experienced this with other Champions, could you please tell us which Champions specifically? Having specifics can be helpful for the investigation.

I’ve sent video in with the ticket, where should I post the video? Will here suffice?

Also, it’s him being unresponsive. I don’t know how else to explain it. The video will just have him standing there while I try to effect a heavy charge.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    If you have a video, please upload it to YouTube and post the link here. Thanks!
    This is so obvious and 100% reproducable in any game mode with any level of Mr Sinister. Can’t you just test it? This is so lame.
    Ok, I’ll get it done today.
    https://youtu.be/NpIX25DcEks

Here’s a link to Sinister not responding to heavy charging after SP3

Thanks for trying to fix this. It literally ruins him the way he is now.
    We didn’t get any feedback if that video was enough.

When there is no stun/parry debuff, you CAN charge a heavy coming out of the SP3

But it’s a moot point without the stun
    Here’s an older video that shows Sinister charging a heavy coming out of Sp3 while opponent stunned

https://youtu.be/VJR93QV0b5o
    I know this isn’t a priority (this and other bugs) like fixing 6.2 is because you’re losing attention there, but some of us need our champs to work the way they’re intended so we can begin 6.2 and other content. Is there any update on the progress of the bug fixes (in the 23.0 bug update there is no update since May 28)?
    Is Kabam going to do an update or will we wait to see if any bugs are fixed in the next version of the game?

I’m still submitting tickets for this issue, and there has been complete silence on the other end. Any information would help give us an idea not just for this bug but for as many as possible.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

Is Kabam going to do an update or will we wait to see if any bugs are fixed in the next version of the game?

I’m still submitting tickets for this issue, and there has been complete silence on the other end. Any information would help give us an idea not just for this bug but for as many as possible.

I agree that the silence is very disheartening. It would be incredibly helpful if Kabam moderators would update the "Known Issues" thread just to let players know which issues are actually on their radar. Unfortunately, the last update to that thread was April 22nd. We've had 2 full updates since then.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    I just lost a AW fight because after an sp3, I lost all controls of my champ.
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★
    They told me to send them video proof but it just looks like I stopped fighting.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    The team is still looking into this issue and doesn't have a specific timeline for any update right now.

The team is still looking into this issue and doesn't have a specific timeline for any update right now.

Thank you. That gives me some encouragement that I’ll be able to use Sinister again the way he’s meant to be used.

Cheers
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/11/marvel-contest-of-champions-changelog/p3

At these the only bug fixes. I desperately need my champ to work and hope that there is more than this list. It’s debilitating to be honest as other summoners have their champs working as intended.
    Hello

Regarding the OP, it’s not on the 11JUL updates. Was wondering if this was in consideration for a fix in the next update.

Thanks

Since we’re having the Sinister Labs in the new update and it’s Mutant celebration event, I’d like to resubmit this issue to finally be resolved

It’s all champs still but affects him to the point that he’s debilitated