**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Quest Season 6 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

As far as I know, Tunnel Vision is working as intended. It functions just like the Sentinel's Analysis Charges. If you perform the same Action Twice in a row, it counts.

What we're looking into is a better way to show if there is a better way to display when Falter is approaching.

Can we get clarity on this. Is it supposed to function like Sentinel Analysis? Because if so then yes Tunnel Vision is currently broken.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Alright everybody, we have another fix for Can't Stop Won't Stop coming. This one is a short term fix that should alleviate the issues presented, and there will be a longer term fix coming in the future:

- Change Damage Reduction from 90% to 50%
    - Change Fury from 100% to 25%
    - Change Power Gain from 10% of a Bar Per second to 2% of a Bar per second

I don't have a specific ETA on this at this time, but we want to get this tested and out as soon as we can!

This is a good change and definitely brings the node to a reasonable level of difficulty, so I don't want to sound too critical here, but I think players will ultimately just use Corvus/Omega/Ghost or any other commonly used top champion instead of using a champion that goes unstoppable. Some of these champions still do more damage even with the damage penalty, plus they will avoid giving the enemy any kind of buff.

The original dev note made it sound like the goal of the node was to use champions that go unstoppable, and play aggressively when you are unstoppable. But it's hard to play aggressively when the enemy is gaining power, even small amounts. I think it would be cool if the enemy gained LESS power when you are unstoppable. Yeah it makes the node easier, which after this change it doesn't need to be, but I think it plays to the theme of the node more and would make people actually want to level up certain champions over the most commonly seen ones.
    It does seem like the node has design schizophrenia. It wants to encourage unstoppable by essentially granting a damage benefit for being unstoppable, but then it applies possibly the worst tactical penalty possible for being unstoppable in granting the defender more power.

When the damage difference was a ten times difference and the power gain was huge, that made the node seem like it was saying "you can have the fight take a super long time or you can have the defender get to SP3 and be really short." Options seemed extremely limited. But now the node seems to have very little restrictive properties at all, in the sense that while the node's effects are still noticeable, they don't seem to factor into who to bring to fight the node anymore. If that was the only hard node, you could theorycraft alternatives. But on this map I would think the tactical needs of the other nodes would swamp this one at those numbers.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    R0n1n1979 said:

Markjv81 said:

Loveshack said:

Hello.. been reading these forms for sometime now and finally decided to chime in. Im an officer in a top 5 AQ alliance obviously running map 7.. csws node is or has been addressed, thats great news. However with all the talk about csws it seems that tunnel vision has been flying under the radar. From what i can see a whole bunch of items have been being chewed up due to it being bugged or not working as intended. This is a big deal since these items are expensive. I have guys using thousands of units a day on 7800 team heals so they dont have to be the guy “that itemed out”.. tunnel vision needs to be looked at by the kabaam team.. the sooner the better

As far as I know, Tunnel Vision is working as intended. It functions just like the Sentinel's Analysis Charges. If you perform the same Action Twice in a row, it counts.

What we're looking into is a better way to show if there is a better way to display when Falter is approaching.
    https://youtu.be/JvfWM_gzGOo

First 10 seconds he has done nothing repetitive yet the first hit of his heavy misses

@Kabam Miike
    I don’t believe this is a good showcase, in the first 10 seconds he clearly blocks and then parries, that’s 2 consecutive block actions.
    Ok what about the second parry and heavy attack? Does that not showcase that he misses when repeating nothing?
    He could have feathered his block with the parry, same thing that was happening with Domino.

And look I’m not saying it isn’t broken somehow or the trigger for repeating actions is too quick. There are simply explanations.

I will say this thread is not best place to report this; start a one in bugs and known issues or submit a ticket with support. Both of those options will give a better shot at highlighting the issue and reaching a resolution.
    We did have a thread dedicated to map 7 issues(csws) and it was closed and they directed us here..
    Just sayin. The thread titled “can’t stop won’t stop map7”? That was closed with a message to give feedback in the main thread and to open a new one for others issues?

Found the one thread on the forums that returned a Result for “tunnel vision”. Practically unnoticed by both parties. If i had a report to add I would certainly start there to compile evidence in one area so it does not get drowned out by the posts in this thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/142947/aq-bug-tunnel-vision-node
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

Found the one thread on the forums that returned a Result for “tunnel vision”. Practically unnoticed by both parties. If i had a report to add I would certainly start there to compile evidence in one area so it does not get drowned out by the posts in this thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/142947/aq-bug-tunnel-vision-node

I think the main issue is no one knows exactly how Kabam intended this node to be. Now that Miike has said something about Sentinel Analysis it raises more questions about how the node is supposed to interact.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

I think the main issue is no one knows exactly how Kabam intended this node to be. Now that Miike has said something about Sentinel Analysis it raises more questions about how the node is supposed to interact.
    Questions for sure, remember though that Miike is a liaison and the people dedicated to investigating and fixing potential bugs spend their time reading the bug reports submitted via the forums and support website.
  • Jing_Yik2017Jing_Yik2017 Posts: 86
    I have some question on the ultron drone, is their hit penetration higher or attack is much higher than Sentinel?
    On day 1, a block L2 from a mutant drone (Pi 7k ish) by a R5 blade (i know is class disadvantage) took about 20% of his health.

Today, day 4, a block L1 from a mutant drone (Pi 10k ish) by a R5 Star Lord took about 10% of his health.

I know we should evade instead of block, but compared to sentinel, is their attack should be this high?

Just wanted to know whether this is working as intended.
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    You make money on this and than even if you give compensation it wont equal what you already made from many summoners. Whenever it hurts your wallet it is emergency maintenance but when it affects summoners wallets its. "we will make the change in the next chance we have."

Isn't this what you say to Summoners that take advantage of a bug "That is cheating" Isn't this the same thing "You know its affecting us and in order for some Summoners to get through they may have to use their wallet".

How are you changing it now if you supposedly tested this? Or are your test subjects only End Game Players.

It makes me wonder if the next Mini for this season of AQ is going to be the same thing.
  • CacafacesCacafaces Posts: 1
    Why is my 100 guy fighting a 1000 guy ?
    Why is my 1000 guy fighting a 3000 guy?
    This is bull because I can beat ANYONE on an even challenge!!!! I’ll even give them a few extra hundred.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Cacafaces said:

Why is my 100 guy fighting a 1000 guy ?
    Why is my 1000 guy fighting a 3000 guy?
    This is bull because I can beat ANYONE on an even challenge!!!! I’ll even give them a few extra hundred.

Are you talking about alliance quest? This is an alliance quest thread. What is a 100 guy? Are you fighting with unranked 1*s? If you play the game more and get reasonable masteries you will find that even pi matches don't offer any challenge.
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    To whomever tested these nodes: you need to “git gud”
    Now seriously, going forward please Kabam avoid introducing new content over a weekend, this has caused too much grief for everyone involved.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Markjv81 said:

Loveshack said:

Hello.. been reading these forms for sometime now and finally decided to chime in. Im an officer in a top 5 AQ alliance obviously running map 7.. csws node is or has been addressed, thats great news. However with all the talk about csws it seems that tunnel vision has been flying under the radar. From what i can see a whole bunch of items have been being chewed up due to it being bugged or not working as intended. This is a big deal since these items are expensive. I have guys using thousands of units a day on 7800 team heals so they dont have to be the guy “that itemed out”.. tunnel vision needs to be looked at by the kabaam team.. the sooner the better

First 10 seconds he has done nothing repetitive yet the first hit of his heavy misses

@Kabam Miike
    I don’t believe this is a good showcase, in the first 10 seconds he clearly blocks and then parries, that’s 2 consecutive block actions.
    Ok what about the second parry and light attack? Does that not showcase that he misses when repeating nothing?
    Yep fair call, I only watched the first 10 seconds.
  • TH3_STONETH3_STONE Posts: 56
    drones and all bosses are way too difficult for map 5. I love this game but not when it is this difficult for not much of a change in rewards. I saw they will be adjusting the issue soon... hopefully difficulty will be equal to before if not easier.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★

This statement proofs there was no testing done at all on these new nodes. Falters activates on double tapping block (different than sentinel). It also activates if you do light, block, light commands. This node is like sentinel ability PLUS every repeated comand, both working independently.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DJSergy said:

This statement proofs there was no testing done at all on these new nodes. Falters activates on double tapping block (different than sentinel). It also activates if you do light, block, light commands. This node is like sentinel ability PLUS every repeated comand, both working independently.
    Activating on the double tap block is the worst. Even if you don't actually take a blocked hit it still activates
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Markjv81 said:

Loveshack said:

@Kabam Miike
    It showcases it activates on consecutive blocks, which is different than Sentinel ability. So it contradicts what kabam is saying.

I’ve also seen it activate on the first hit after a parry (without consecutive blocks). I’ve aslo seen it activate doing medium, block medium. So its basically completely broken
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Cant wait for 2 more versions of map 7!!
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    DJSergy said:

Markjv81 said:

Loveshack said:

@Kabam Miike
    It showcases it activates on consecutive blocks, which is different than Sentinel ability. So it contradicts what kabam is saying.

I’ve also seen it activate on the first hit after a parry (without consecutive blocks). I’ve aslo seen it activate doing medium, block medium. So its basically completely broken
    My comment was directed to the first 10 seconds of the video. I’ve already stated I believe it’s not working as intended.
  • vish04vish04 Posts: 52
    AQ & Aw Has now become new money grabbing tactics Of Kabaam Seriously our most of the friends ally's item in inventory is empited by this new Hyperion boss & nodes in Aw soon most of the ally will become map4 focused ally.
    lot of ppl are starting to retire from the game for the worst RNG no. of drops from crystals.

GAME Is NOW NO MORE FUN.

Hope this gets Notices by @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

hope the fix patch is out before next AQ starts & before AW season Starts.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★

These nodes are bs for Hyperion. He goes in armor up phase and to sp3. How can these be enjoyable? Or even skill based?
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    Can someone tell me why Ice armor did not trigger when I played Hyperion? I relied on the Ice armor if I cant bait him and he makes it to SP3. It was the 2nd Hyperion.

Thank You
  • MirageNoirMirageNoir Posts: 73

Incorrect sir, it activates totally at random! It activates when not repeating actions such as doing a M,L,M combo, it activates after doing a parry on the first attack, it doesn’t activate after double dash backs. It just all around has no predictability and seems to just activate randomly.

If tapping on the left side of the screen is an action then opening the fight with a parry (by tapping the left side) then doing a medium (releasing that block and tapping again on the left side of the screen before swiping) would look like two actions as they are both tapping on the left side of the screen. This is what I gathered was triggering tunnel vision in the video I saw but was unable to take the path to test it myself.
    What about double dash backs not triggering it? What about M,L,M combos triggering it?
    I'll ask about the Double Dash Backs, but MLM, followed by another MLM would trigger it.
    What about it triggering at the very first parry stun of a fight? How?
  • MirageNoirMirageNoir Posts: 73

Incorrect sir, it activates totally at random! It activates when not repeating actions such as doing a M,L,M combo, it activates after doing a parry on the first attack, it doesn’t activate after double dash backs. It just all around has no predictability and seems to just activate randomly.

If tapping on the left side of the screen is an action then opening the fight with a parry (by tapping the left side) then doing a medium (releasing that block and tapping again on the left side of the screen before swiping) would look like two actions as they are both tapping on the left side of the screen. This is what I gathered was triggering tunnel vision in the video I saw but was unable to take the path to test it myself.
    What about double dash backs not triggering it? What about M,L,M combos triggering it?
    I'll ask about the Double Dash Backs, but MLM, followed by another MLM would trigger it.
    What about it triggering at the very first parry stun of a fight? How?
    And every parry stun actually independent if there were attacks in between. Every - single - time.
  • Mcord117 said:

No one would ever do that. It would be mlm dash back or mlm block. If you did mlm followed by mlm you would just eat a combo. The node is broken, please stop trying to rationalize
    What I neglected to say yesterday was that I also asked for it to be looked into. I haven't heard back yet, but when I do, I'll let you all know.

This was my understanding, as I had mentioned earlier.
  • Alright everybody, we have another fix for Can't Stop Won't Stop coming. This one is a short term fix that should alleviate the issues presented, and there will be a longer term fix coming in the future:

I don't have a specific ETA on this at this time, but we want to get this tested and out as soon as we can!

This is a good change and definitely brings the node to a reasonable level of difficulty, so I don't want to sound too critical here, but I think players will ultimately just use Corvus/Omega/Ghost or any other commonly used top champion instead of using a champion that goes unstoppable. Some of these champions still do more damage even with the damage penalty, plus they will avoid giving the enemy any kind of buff.

The original dev note made it sound like the goal of the node was to use champions that go unstoppable, and play aggressively when you are unstoppable. But it's hard to play aggressively when the enemy is gaining power, even small amounts. I think it would be cool if the enemy gained LESS power when you are unstoppable. Yeah it makes the node easier, which after this change it doesn't need to be, but I think it plays to the theme of the node more and would make people actually want to level up certain champions over the most commonly seen ones.
    Hey Brian,

@Kabam DK isn't able to come to the Forums right now, but he asked me to let you know that this is a valid concern, but please remember that this is a Temporary fix. The Long Term fix (which won't be out for a bit) will have a bigger damage reduction again (probably not as high as before), but will also be re-tuned to focus more on the original intent of the node. You can be pretty sure that Power Gain won't be involved then.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 465 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    loader187 said:

Can someone tell me why Ice armor did not trigger when I played Hyperion? I relied on the Ice armor if I cant bait him and he makes it to SP3. It was the 2nd Hyperion.

Thank You

Its cause fate seal buff on the node kicks in before ice armor negating it.

Not sure about the specifics but that's the short version.
  • Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★

Alright everybody, we have another fix for Can't Stop Won't Stop coming. This one is a short term fix that should alleviate the issues presented, and there will be a longer term fix coming in the future:

@Kabam Miike I know that this is not the moderators fault as you guys are just doing your job but you got to let the programming team know that these consistent increase in difficulty is truly hurting the game overall and the fans are not happy. When a sports team is losing, people stop buying tickets and the stands get empty. With each change that is made, more and more loyal players have quit or thinking about it. I understand the need to make it challenging, but it keeps going too far and then the changes have to be retracted like this change for example. There is a big difference between 90% and 50% as well as 100% and 25%.

This also happened on last month special avengers quest. The difficulties were extremely high and they had to be changed after.

Map 5 is one of the fan favorites in AQ. So many alliances play a 5x5. Doing what was done to Hyperion is making people very upset with the game. A change on this will also need to be made.

The point is that Kabam will start losing money in the long run if this continues to happen. This is not good for the players or the company.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Please fix Mesmerize + Prove Yourself and Tunnel Vision. Both nodes are not working as intended. Someone from the game team just needs to actually try fighting against the nodes and it will be very obvious they are both broken and need to be addressed.