**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6.2.6 Champion Boss

Comments

• WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    edited June 2019
    Another mystic who can stagger is hood i guess...but can he handle the block damage?😊

It is Hood! You need to stack those Staggers as high as the sky, but he's actually one of the successful counters.

He doesn't have the highest Block Proficiency, but time it right, and his invisibility can be your saving grace.

Can hood stack staggers? Never seen my 6 star have more than one at a time?

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Can hood stack staggers? Never seen my 6 star have more than one at a time?

I don't think so. Triggering a stagger when the target has a stagger refreshes the timeout on the stagger debuff if I recall correctly.
  • Mh6bucksMh6bucks Posts: 25
    @Kabam Miike I just posted about this in bugs, but I’ll reiterate. I removed 5 indestructible charges and used Shehulk’s sp3, and zero damage was done. The video I referred to where something similar happened is above. Please address this ASAP.
  • JRCrowJRCrow Posts: 14
    100% act 6.1 with little trouble and then this...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★

Not sure if I’m just bad but this Boss fight seems like major bs. I maybe have a 5-6 seconds after his unstoppable goes away to get a few hits in before he goes unstoppable again. Would be ok if he didn’t heal 5% of his health back up every time. No I don’t have a 5* SymSu, so not sure who could deal with him.

JRCrow said:

I have never been stuck at a boss since I started playing this game. I spent 60 bucks and haven’t even come close to building up 5 dexterity against his special without dying. With 6 r5s and countless r4 champions I shouldn’t need one or two champs to complete content. I’m officially done spending money on this game is this is where it’s going. Impossible situations that cannot be overcome without one or two champions at high rank. This is not fun anymore. Thanks Kabam

“One or two champions at high rank”?

That’s cause you’re only looking at it from one perspective, ie “block all his specials and evade the last hit”. Hence your strategy needs a champ with high block proficiency.

There are alternative strategies like “staying invisible” or “letting him miss” which will require a champs with a different set of abilities.

Just saying. Hope it expands your view on the challenge a little.
  • TJ26TJ26 Posts: 7
    I’m also not able to do damage with IW Cap after removing his indestructible charges I’ve tried multiple times now
  • razielraziel Posts: 82
    xNig said:

Not sure if I’m just bad but this Boss fight seems like major bs. I maybe have a 5-6 seconds after his unstoppable goes away to get a few hits in before he goes unstoppable again. Would be ok if he didn’t heal 5% of his health back up every time. No I don’t have a 5* SymSu, so not sure who could deal with him.

JRCrow said:

I have never been stuck at a boss since I started playing this game. I spent 60 bucks and haven’t even come close to building up 5 dexterity against his special without dying. With 6 r5s and countless r4 champions I shouldn’t need one or two champs to complete content. I’m officially done spending money on this game is this is where it’s going. Impossible situations that cannot be overcome without one or two champions at high rank. This is not fun anymore. Thanks Kabam

That’s cause you’re only looking at it from one perspective, ie “block all his specials and evade the last hit”. Hence your strategy needs a champ with high block proficiency.

There are alternative strategies like “staying invisible” or “letting him miss” which will require a champs with a different set of abilities.

Staying invisible with Hood doesn't solve anything, there is still at 55% chance you'll get hit.
    It seems that Cap IW is the only viable option for the last phase.
    raziel said:

xNig said:

JRCrow said:

Staying invisible with Hood doesn't solve anything, there is still at 55% chance you'll get hit.
    Ghost? Recently introduced Invisible Woman?

What I’m saying is that there are alternatives that are yet to be explored. It’s day 1. Everyone complains when something can’t be MLLLM to death (remember Thanos?).
    IKON said:

This boss killed my desire to play. Honestly thinking about retirement. I love challenges but this is you succeed or you fail, there is no chip damage to inch your way to success. Nevermind full clear will have added links on top.

I had fun clearing difficult content before, this 6.2 is just a slog devoid of entertainment.

Chill man. Champion boss was specially designed to be ridiculously hard. Take a break, have a breather and try again. 💪🏻
  • cradlemancradleman Posts: 86
    I played him for almost 40 min in last 10%. Most dexterity I could trigger was 2. Even from full health died to block damage. Just a stupid fight. Too much damage in the last phase. If it actually registered dexing his specials that would be helpful
  • cradlemancradleman Posts: 86
    I ended up quitting. I'll have to build up some more items
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★

Drooped2 said:

Ace_03 said:

I need an option other than Cap, I can get 2 dexterity at the most, before the unstoppable crushes me, can Thing work?

I've legit seen about 30 videos so far and all used captiw :( I'm lucky enough to have one but that is messed up if hes alone
    Cap is a good choice, but there are others. 2 Mystics Stand out in my mind for this Guy. No, I will not tell y'all who!
    What about the last 10% phase? I don't see any counters other than Cap IW for that.
  • razielraziel Posts: 82
    xNig said:

raziel said:

xNig said:

JRCrow said:

What I’m saying is that there are alternatives that are yet to be explored. It’s day 1. Everyone complains when something can’t be MLLLM to death (remember Thanos?).
    I didn't say that the fight should be as simple as MLLLM, but this design is ridiculous. Instead of acting all high and mighty maybe you could help out the community and share who did you use?
  • OliverbambinoOliverbambino Posts: 25
    _ASDF_ said:

I have played this game for years. I have covered all the content to 100 percent and this is the first time I am at a loss with this game. I have had great pulls and have a strong account with an 800k rating, however I have yet to pull a 5 star or 6 star Cap Infinity war. I have probably dished an additional 150 dollars of hard earned cash trying to get the remaining 10 percent down even left and came back. I have spent all of the revives and potions from the halls of healing on this last bit (though that was probably intended) and because its 10 percent, you mentally feel you are almost there you stick with it and burn units. I think its ridiculous that players across all platforms of this game you need to rely on dumb luck to pull one of 3 discovered champions to beat this boss and at that of the 3 some may need to be awakened. I am truly disappointed by this boss! I am a huge fan of this game my girlfriend and I both play religiously and I never come onto this forum to b**** and moan but honestly Kabam this needs to be fixed or changed it is completley unfair.

You could do it with Ghost and any other Cap champ. It’s also day 1 of the content. It’s tough but there are a few counters. They could be in your next crystal.
    I have a 5 and 6 star ghost. The 6 star is at rank 2 and she is not a viable option for the unstoppable rampage at 10 percent...
  • KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    Btw, has anyone actually tried using Ghost for the last phase? I thought about using her for the last 10% but idk how well she can actually handle those specials/unstoppable.
    raziel said:

xNig said:

raziel said:

xNig said:

JRCrow said:

I didn't say that the fight should be as simple as MLLLM, but this design is ridiculous. Instead of acting all high and mighty maybe you could help out the community and share who did you use?
    Read my previous posts. Been sharing since some time back.

And yes, already did the community a big favor by requesting the fight to be nerfed, and it has been.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Have a lot of 5-star champions, but none of them are Voodoo, Cap IW, Sym Supreme, Hood.
    Guess I'll need to wait a few months until I can fight against him. Still need to get a new phone to login