**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6.2 Power Index Falsely Advertised?

Comments

• MegasMainMegasMain Posts: 2
    Yeah think I’ll personally hold out a while. Definitely not worth it at this point to stress over this nonsense. I know the team is doing everything they can to get content out to us but lately it seems like with every update or new content almost immediately they have gone back and made a correction or scale something back. This shouldn’t have been released without a “cosmetic” issue being fixed.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    @KerayZ bro I just saw your video on the 6.2.3/4 PI issue.

After thinking about it, I think I kinda figured out why the devs decided to keep the higher and inflated health on the champs.

I believe it was done so intentionally as an indirect “do not use Corvus” nerf of sorts. Because the global provides fury that increases your attack or crit damage tremendously, a duped Corvus will be able to bypass all the drawbacks of the nodes.

In the beta, I tried running it with my duped Corvus and his damage was ridiculously high. I had 10+ stacks of fury when I reached sp2 and at 0 charges, my sp2 final hit did like 50+k. I also didn’t die due to being duped so I just cleared the whole path with Corvus at 1 life.

If the original health similar to 6.1/2/5/6, were to be maintained, a duped Corvus would have cheesed through everything.

Just a possibility on the devs thoughts.

I do agree with this mentality but an alternative way would have been preferred, like an additional Prove Yourself global or something.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    So in this case, False Advertising = twice the health and attack rating = longer fight = more death = $$ grab.
    KABAM wouldn't have to face this issue if the PI in 6.2 was around the approximate PI they had told before.
    But no, it's not and the value is double the approximate PI announcement. Pathetic. Yeah right, 'cosmetic'.
  • MaladarMaladar Posts: 22
    I guess the values are cosmetic in the same way that some facts are alternative facts right!? :D

I'm going to pretend that Act 6.2 simply doesn't exist at this point. As in the case with the new AW map beta and AQ etc, nodes were replaced with harder ones.

At this point in time it's getting really tiring keeping up with all the bait and switch.
  • Derek2kDerek2k Posts: 108
    Yea to the xNig guy. You have a great point with Corvus. Honestly it makes sense but at the same time wth?! So basically kabam is saying use Corvus or fight a double health champ. That's bs man. I knew when they created some of these stupid champs that this would happen. Instead of making a node to stop the champ completely they say ok you can use them but you will need to face an opponent doing double damage and having double health. Kabam seriously fix this ****. I know you won't but I'm asking anyway. While you are at it fix the garbage 6.2.2 boss as well. The guy is literally impossible with either the Heimdall synergy or using units like crazy. It's stupid.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★

Just asked the team about this. This was a cosmetic bug and is the same version of the Map that was playtested by our Beta Testers and internally. Their Strength is what it was intended to be, though we understand that this is a little confusing, and we might fix it in the future.

Huh? It was cosmetic but it was intended but it might be fixed?
    This makes no sense.
  • _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Also, if @xNig is correct and this was a way to manage Corvus... why should the rest of the player base, those without Corvus, have to suffer through content meant to manage a champion they don't have?
    Like I mentioned, it’s just my guess on why the devs felt the difficulty was “balanced”. Whether or not that line of thought is correct, it’s a grey area.

Tbh, I would have much preferred an additional Prove Yourself global to the doubling of defender health.
    KerayZ said:

xNig said:

@KerayZ bro I just saw your video on the 6.2.3/4 PI issue.

After thinking about it, I think I kinda figured out why the devs decided to keep the higher and inflated health on the champs.

I believe it was done so intentionally as an indirect “do not use Corvus” nerf of sorts. Because the global provides fury that increases your attack or crit damage tremendously, a duped Corvus will be able to bypass all the drawbacks of the nodes.

In the beta, I tried running it with my duped Corvus and his damage was ridiculously high. I had 10+ stacks of fury when I reached sp2 and at 0 charges, my sp2 final hit did like 50+k. I also didn’t die due to being duped so I just cleared the whole path with Corvus at 1 life.

If the original health similar to 6.1/2/5/6, were to be maintained, a duped Corvus would have cheesed through everything.

Just a possibility on the devs thoughts.

I do agree with this mentality but an alternative way would have been preferred, like an additional Prove Yourself global or something.

That's an interesting thought. So i'll just say this and I appreciate your points first of all but....

Who made Corvus Glaive? Kabam
    Who sold Corvus Glaive? Kabam
    Who made a ton of money off Corvus Glaive? Kabam

So now we should just accept this nonsense because they decide to make CRAZY OP champs to make money? If you have the OP champ they made you deserve to annihilate their content. Just my thoughts. They got their dollars for it so they can live with that. No sympathy for them making cash grab champs lately imo.

They COULD nerf Corvus Glaive if he is such an issue for their content. Issue out Rank Down Tickets for him(like they promised but have yet to deliver on any nerf *cough AA cough*) Then they only have to worry about all the people who dished out thousands for a Corvus Glaive. Sounds fair to me and then their content will be balanced.

I hope you can sense my sarcasm in this.
    Yeah I agree with you. A direct nerf might trigger outrage though. No idea what a good solution to this will be.
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
    Dear @Kabam Miike, It's time to fix the "cosmetic" bug and set a proper power index and with it health and attack rating as advertised.
  • alexberyalexbery Posts: 1
    All of us that work in development, we know what a Cosmetic bug is, this is not a bug, is intentionally added there. Health is double, and the attack is also higher. It used to be fun to play this game. If you want money, put a subscription, for us, I'm sure we will pay, but don't make intentional things just to make us spend, it's NOT FAIR.
  • ZiliorZilior Posts: 10
    Fix your game Kabam!!!! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit , it's NOT a "cosmetic" bug!!!!
  • Munrolm02Munrolm02 Posts: 88
    The first chapter is double the amount of what the estimated Pi is. Why would you guys do this we’re talking about a 300 K Ant-man with double the glance. When they wrote the advertisement it said that none of the chapters would have over 40 KPI’s. Why do you guys think this is cool? Even the Doctor Strange on the Easy path keeps setting off that dumb D generation for nothing not even going over the amount of fury. This company must think that everyone is brain-dead and was not going to notice that. What do they think “oh well you know it’s just OK to double the length of a fight because people can eventually get through it?”Every day this game gets less interesting I’m so glad my account has been free to play for the past two years.
  • Roepotte40Roepotte40 Posts: 12

Just asked the team about this. This was a cosmetic bug and is the same version of the Map that was playtested by our Beta Testers and internally. Their Strength is what it was intended to be, though we understand that this is a little confusing, and we might fix it in the future.

Kobster84 said:

Kobster84 said:

This is such a contradictory statement. It can't be a cosmetic bug and also be intended this way. The lack of integrity and honesty on these posts is mind boggling.

And as for your team being ok with the content, I am sure your finance team definitely had no issues rolling out these high power index champions.
  • DeadmaddyDeadmaddy Posts: 123
    Dear Kabam,

Please don't take us for granted. We love this game and send our hard earned money. Please be little more responsible.

Thanks you
  • XoopXoop Posts: 39
    Please fix this. The fights are painful with such high hp on top of the crazy nodes
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    This is not OK Kabam. It reeks of laziness and to me is another in a long line of missteps over the last 3 months.

You can do better than this, and need to start doing better very soon or risk losing players/revenue. I feel like I've been slowly drowning over the last few months in a sea of bugs and bad communication. I'm looking for any life line from the company and you guys keep throwing me bricks with comments like - it's as intended, but we may fix it. Or being told that what we perceive as bugs have always been part of the game. Ummm...what?

You have a great base product, but it's crumbling before my eyes. I'm hoping for a turnaround, but every month it seems like you set yourselves back another step. Rally the troops and get things back on track Kabam, I'm rooting for ya!
  • NeverglowNeverglow Posts: 1
    You can’t have it both ways, @Kabam Miike . We don’t accept it. You can’t release a statement showing intended PI, and setting expectations for such an encounter, then release a finished product entirely out of line with those expectations. Then you say that’s intended? Well, no, the intention was the prerelease statement of expectations. That was intended!

Cosmetic would mean it says 50K PI, and displays a health pool and attack of a 50K PI champ, but then dies as fast as a 30K PI champ. That’s cosmetic — it looks different than it actually is. However, these are straight boss fights the whole way for both these maps. As a result of their “cosmetic” issue, they now have a real health and attack issue. Sigh...

I can not stand how you make up random answers to appease the situation at hand. Has it not occurred to you this happens in all your quick response situations. The community sees past the façade. I like the “I don’t have an answer yet, I’ll respond when I do,” answers much more. I’ll back you every day of the week you’re not making up things on the spot.
  • Gregdagr8Gregdagr8 Posts: 380 ★★★
    Hahaha, Kabam, you screwed up, just fix it and put it back to normal. Why can't you guys ever say "our fault, we screwed up, that wasn't intended, do 6.2 at your own risk for right now, we will fix it as fast as we can"? Because that's the truth, just tell the truth! Don't try and dance around and use words like "cosmetic", JUST TELL THE TRUTH! Weren't you supposed to be more "transparent" with the community? If this was honestly "intended", tell us why was it intended? Why do two Quests need double attack and health? Are the paths shorter? No. Are there less paths? No. Are the bosses half the health and attack of the other 4 Quests? No. Can you bring in 10 champs instead of 5? No. Just tell the truth, say you screwed up, fix it, and move on.
  • PhazonVirusPhazonVirus Posts: 12
    Having just completed Act 6 Chapter 2, I have to agree that this is bugged when it comes to PI.
    Also the opponents’ health is around 150k throughout the entire chapter but then on 6.2.3 it doubles then goes back down for the remainder of the chapter. Is that because of the Icarus node?
    Another thing is that dexterity seems to be a bit spotty and I “love” when it pops on my screen I still get clipped and it costs me more units for a revive... Kabam I love your game, but this is starting to really bug me and makes me want to quit. I’m a consistent player and when my champion doesn’t move during a fight or I trigger dexterity and get hit it sucks.
    I think I have been milked for the last time...
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    absolutely looking for clarification here. there’s been too much contradiction with whats been communicated to us
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Thank you all for your feedback about the PI in Act 6 Chapters 3 and 4. We've shared it with the rest of the team for review. If we have any new information or changes we'll be sure to let you know.
This discussion has been closed.