**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AQ Map 5 Ultron Drones too hard

I've seen a lot of backlash about Map 5 Hyperion and nodes but not much about the increased difficulty of the Ultron Drones. They hit much harder than the Sentineloids. The block/chip damage is pretty potent. When I took an unblocked sp2 against a Mutant Drone, took over half my health. I think they should be toned down or the rewards increased a lot.

AQ Map 5 Ultron Drones too hard 57 votes

Ultrons are much harder than Sentineloids. Where are the increased rewards?
22%
the_eradicatorNCB_ptBrandonmballouezgoingEnge1derNachtAwesomoChaosTehsigzorzMarkg25Tony617JoBoB1982Suman_sahAAlexG29Tyrannus 13 votes
Ultrons are the same as Sentineloids. It's all in your head.
35%
Mr_Platypuskfd2010TwmRPizzabeatDRTOCharlie_SceneDarthPhalIncitatus666Bear3Kobster84RakeYoungiRetr0Noob2435Denzel116KelvinKageRehan010_LoctiteSuperGluepontusumbrakubricknolanToo_qik 20 votes
Ultrons are easier than Sentineloids. Quit whining.
42%
GamerCaptain_KandiceBendyHaji_SaabDoc_HollamonAce_03TerraJim0172BboychoboarsjumSixshot1ScholiaMcord117binrakV1PER1987Colinwhitworth69WoogieboogieJimmyB-sixate-TheRager 24 votes

Comments

• Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    They're a lot less passive than the sentinels, I've been loving the change. The specials are also much easier to dodge. Although I really need to read into the Science drone's abilities and learn why I keep getting evade-punched.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    I find them less passive than the Sentinels, the Sentinels were just too passive
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    I find both of them to be equally passive, the main problem I have is that sentinels sp are easier to dodge(mainly cuz I suck at dodging magnetos special 2) and that some ultrons inflict poison on you which is annoying. That being said I am not advocating for a change but it is a little harder
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,172 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't have said "quit whining" but I do find them easier than the Sentinels. I use Vision against them to prevent them from using specials.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I like them, hitting them gives you non damage dealing debuffs that heal you with willpower
  • AwesomoChaosAwesomoChaos Posts: 78
    They are more punishing if you make a mistake or you get lag at the wrong time or the game doesn't register your inputs. Getting hit by Sentineloids didn't take so much of your health in one shot.

I wouldn't have said "quit whining" but I do find them easier than the Sentinels. I use Vision against them to prevent them from using specials.

Given a certain significant segment of this forum, I'm sure they will write "quit whining" in the comments so I added it for them. :)
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I wouldn’t have said “quit whining” either but these drones are far and away light years better than Sentinels. The AI is more accommodating and aggressive, they’re easier/quicker to kill, and I don’t have to do the stupid LMLM or MLM combos. The latter is the most annoying thing about Sentinel.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    Difficulty wise I believe that they are the same as sentinels, but I actually prefer these more than sentinels, there's more opportunities to heal up when fighting them if you have willpower and the special attacks overall are easier to evade then sentinels. I will agree that the block damage off specials is ridiculous, but apart from that there's no need for them to be toned down.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,991 ★★★★★
    edited June 2019
    I like em. They're alot easier than the sentinels. Those magneto drones always manage to clip me though. Have a image from trucos about them aswell, helps with identification and what to expect

• SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    LMAO!!!!
    I used parry + heavy against the Sentinels and it wasn't as much chip/block damage as with the Ultrons. Fought mostly the Mutant and Mystics drones and they seem to gain power quickly, too.

LMAO!!!!

See. Knew there'd be these kinds of responses.
  • NCB_ptNCB_pt Posts: 291
    With sentinels my Rogue restore life eventually lost in path 4 of 1st section in map 5.
    With this one's, mainly the one that have electro specials, I can't restore Rogue's life again!
    Terra said:

I like em. They're alot easier than the sentinels. Those magneto drones always manage to clip me though. Have a image from trucos about them aswell, helps with identification and what to expect

Thanks, I've seen this & it's helpful but kind of annoying to have to keep looking back at this to see which specials are coming. Electro/Mutant is giving me fits.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★

I've seen a lot of backlash about Map 5 Hyperion and nodes but not much about the increased difficulty of the Ultron Drones. They hit much harder than the Sentineloids. The block/chip damage is pretty potent. When I took an unblocked sp2 against a Mutant Drone, took over half my health. I think they should be toned down or the rewards increased a lot.

The only issue i have with them is the science ones have that evade chance randomly mid combo and also has visions specials.. I feel that is a bit much.. If that were removed i wouldnt mind the block damage.. That being said at the same time i did not like the way we had to fight sentineloids so if you are on the tech path that has the science ones i would agree that they are harder than sentineloids.. If not they are really arent that bad imo.. Its just annoying that they random evade then hit you with a sp1 or sp2 and the sp1 alone takes almost half the health on my 4 star r5s i feel thats a bit much but i dont see it changing and at least i dont have to do stupid combos to fight them