**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My Hope/Desire for a Cavalier Difficulty EQ

WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
Maybe I’m alone in my current progression of the game, but I don’t believe so. Currently I have 5 R5s (resources for 8), and 10 R4s, as well as 9 six stars, which have little use for me in end game content.

Monthly EQ is not a challenge for my account and hasn’t been for quite some time. AQ I currently run Map 6 and it is just a means to end, nothing about it is challenging or engaging. Previously I enjoyed AW, but I have seen too many people beat down with item use. I will reserve my judgement of season 10 until it plays out with the new map. I have 100% Act 5, 6.1, V1 and V2, and hope for more variants.

This isn’t a passive brag it is to demonstrate what I believe is a real segment of the user community in terms of roster and game progression. Additionally, I’m a casual spender in the game roughly $100 monthly.

Yesterday I was able to get to the Champion Boss 6.2.6 and take him down to 10%. As it stands right now I’m without a CAIW or SS to handle that portion of the fight. I’m sure over the days, weeks and months other counters will be proven to handle him. Hopefully I have one of those when they are found.

In the meantime I will explore what my roster allows me too in 6.2, however that will probably be tapped by months end.

So where does that leave me and others with similar sized rosters?

Wait for RNG to provide me one of the viable counters to clear some of these niche fights?

Spend more on Cavaliers hoping to speed up the waiting process with some luck?

In my opinion, a Cavalier difficulty EQ that lies somewhere between 6.1 and 6.2 would be much appreciated for those of us that don’t have the roster depth to fully explore 6.2-6.4 in the near term. Without some challenging content to hold my attention, I fear I will become bored with the game that I, as well as many of those reading this post love.

Sorry for the long post, hope a new difficulty of EQ is being worked, as this will give me and others something to look forward too on a consistent basis.

Thanks,

R4GE

Comments

• ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    The problem with this is that it furthers the gap between cavaliers and people who don't have 5*/6* champs with specific abilities counter 6.1 nodes
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Clydania said:

The problem with this is that it furthers the gap between cavaliers and people who don't have 5*/6* champs with specific abilities counter 6.1 nodes

That is how the game has always worked. UC widened the gap between people who could not get UC, you will eventually catch up if you wish.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    Clydania said:

My goal isn’t to catch players whose rosters are bigger than mine. I’m just at the point where I’m in a limbo of lack of challenging content for my roster size. My suggestion of a Cavalier difficulty fulfills a need I believe others will soon be in, if not already in.

Thanks for the comment.

• Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    How did you clear sinister? I don’t have any counters lol.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

Maybe I’m alone in my current progression of the game, but I don’t believe so. Currently I have 5 R5s (resources for 8), and 10 R4s, as well as 9 six stars, which have little use for me in end game content.

Monthly EQ is not a challenge for my account and hasn’t been for quite some time. AQ I currently run Map 6 and it is just a means to end, nothing about it is challenging or engaging. Previously I enjoyed AW, but I have seen too many people beat down with item use. I will reserve my judgement of season 10 until it plays out with the new map. I have 100% Act 5, 6.1, V1 and V2, and hope for more variants.

This isn’t a passive brag it is to demonstrate what I believe is a real segment of the user community in terms of roster and game progression. Additionally, I’m a casual spender in the game roughly $100 monthly.

Yesterday I was able to get to the Champion Boss 6.2.6 and take him down to 10%. As it stands right now I’m without a CAIW or SS to handle that portion of the fight. I’m sure over the days, weeks and months other counters will be proven to handle him. Hopefully I have one of those when they are found.

In the meantime I will explore what my roster allows me too in 6.2, however that will probably be tapped by months end.

So where does that leave me and others with similar sized rosters?

Wait for RNG to provide me one of the viable counters to clear some of these niche fights?

Spend more on Cavaliers hoping to speed up the waiting process with some luck?

In my opinion, a Cavalier difficulty EQ that lies somewhere between 6.1 and 6.2 would be much appreciated for those of us that don’t have the roster depth to fully explore 6.2-6.4 in the near term. Without some challenging content to hold my attention, I fear I will become bored with the game that I, as well as many of those reading this post love.

Sorry for the long post, hope a new difficulty of EQ is being worked, as this will give me and others something to look forward too on a consistent basis.

Thanks,

R4GE

I feel you man. F2P sitting at 7 R5s, 2 R2s, 9 6*s and 19 R4s.

It’ll be nice to have a Cavalier difficulty, but maybe tuned to 6.2.3/4 levels so it can have some longevity.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    edited June 2019

It’ll be nice to have a Cavalier difficulty, but maybe tuned to 6.2.3/4 levels so it can have some longevity.

I actually enjoyed several of the global nodes from 6.2.1-6.2.6. Thought they made you think. I couldn’t just blast Ghost and Corvus SP2”s all day.

I’m good with any new difficulty that is recurring, while I wait for my roster to grow.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    WHOz_R4GE said:

I actually enjoyed several of the global nodes from 6.2.1-6.2.6. Thought they made you think. I couldn’t just blast Ghost and Corvus SP2”s all day.

I’m good with any new difficulty that is recurring, while I wait for my roster to grow.

Yeah. The globals are pretty fun. It’s alot trickier than other acts and requires changes in playstyle to adapt.
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    I’ve been waiting for them to break out a cavalier diffulty since act6 came out lol😂
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited June 2019
    Clydania said:

Nobody should care about this gap. It's like saying that the gap between me and Mark Zuckerberg is constantly widening. While true, it is not something I consider when I go to work or live my life in general. If I did that, I wouldn't be able to enjoy life. I'd be stressed and depressed.

Similarly, you shouldn't consider this when you are playing the game. You may get where the cavaliers are a) eventually and b) if you spend as much. Just enjoy the game for the game it is to you, not what it is to others. And by the time you catch up, they will have moved on. It's never ending. Only huge amounts of money can bridge that gap.